Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The latest MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings were released on Wednesday, August 29. This system ranks the top ten MMA fighters from all across the world in each of the six largest weight classes, as voted on by MMAWeekly.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/29/07 4:04:15PM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
Those rankings frickin suck! Why is J. Horn up there and just where is Sherk or Penn?

Post #2   8/29/07 5:36:15PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
They`re leaving sherk off until his steroid thing is cleared up, and BJ needs another fight in the LW div before people pop him right up top(he may still go to WW)

Post #3   8/29/07 5:37:58PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Haha, they don't have Nick Diaz up there even though he beat the number one ranked lightweight .

Some I can agree with, others... not so much. I like the top of the heavyweight division, though.

Post #4   8/29/07 5:40:20PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
I agree. Penn and Sherk not on the list--c'mon thats ridiculous.

Post #5   8/29/07 5:41:28PM   

Chec22

MMA Regular

Chec22 Avatar

Career:299-236
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
If you read the article, it says that those currently serving a steroid type suspension are NOT elligible right now. Otherwise they probably would have been.

Post #6   8/29/07 6:10:18PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
serra #1 ww? i don't care if he has the title right now. he is surely not the #1 ww!! that's a fu*kin joke!!

Post #7   8/29/07 6:20:45PM   

donzpimp

Learning to Sprawl

donzpimp Avatar

Career:168-110
Camp: Team Sexy
Chips:
HOW IS SERRA THE BEST WW
gsp is obviously the best still did you see him fight kos are you kidding dominated a division1 wrestler at wrestling, and matt hughes is gonna kill serra showing that it was a crazy once in a lifetime upset. He had to do the ultimate fighter 4 the comeback just to get his shot. St. pierre had to fight the best to get his second shot. compare records and each have fought karo Pariysian gsp beat him and serra lost, what a surprise. matt serra made me laugh during the preview for TUF 6 saying he did not get lucky, OK sure you totally out matched gsp right, I mean because you dominated in the fight you obviously didn't just stand there for the whole match until you got one hit and gsp could not regain his footing. I hate hughes alot but i have never wanted to see him beat anyone more than i want him to beat serra and finally send this joke of a champion where he belongs Serra couldnt even hang with anyone on that list without supreme luck.

Post #8   8/29/07 6:28:19PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Why is GG ahead of Werdum? And AA behind GG? Well at least they ranked Couture more realistically then most.

Chuck Liddell way to high like usual. Wandy crushed Rampage twice. He belongs above Liddell.

Hansen way too low.

According to the way they say they rank, they really fudged these up.

"We take into consideration a fighter's performance in addition to his win-loss record, head-to-head and common opponents, difficulty of opponents, and numerous other factors in what is the most comprehensive rankings system in the sport."

Difficulty of opponents
Yeah, Tim and GG really fought better opponents then Werdum and Aleksander right? Arlovski fought way better comp as well.

Post #9   8/29/07 6:39:14PM   

UBTossinasalad

Learning to Sprawl

UBTossinasalad Avatar

Career:79-50
Chips:
I dont see where they have changed a bit from before UFC 74.

Post #10   8/29/07 6:43:31PM   

Keryatyam

Learning to Sprawl

Keryatyam Avatar

Career:398-206
Camp: IDF
Chips:
Those rankings are full of SHEEEEEE we all know BJ or DIAS can whoop most of this guys ther are no rules to me when it comes to rankings BULL CRAAAA

Post #11   8/29/07 7:39:47PM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
Where's Hendo among the MW's? Kos is way too high among the WW's. Faber doesn't get enough credit among the FW's. These rankings are off. I like some, but I think I could do a better job.

Post #12   8/30/07 2:48:40PM