Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White "guarantees" Brock Lesnar

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

That's going to be fun, but unfortunately if he has any success I will have to hear sorry ass Kurt Angle bitching about what he could have been for at least another year!!

i agree... i just wish kurt angle did get into mma.. no bitching, no what ifs just results

Post #16   8/28/07 6:27:27AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Corey Hill has NEVER had a professional fight but nobody was bitching because he was on TUF. There is a guy on the next season of TUF that is like 4-4 AS AN AMATEUR. No pro fights, just amateur. I believe Monstah Lobstah only had 1 pro fight prior to TUF. If they let these guys on there, they should give someone with real credentials like Lesnar a chance. I don't see a problem with it.

Post #17   8/28/07 7:13:52AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Randy will bitchslap him in the clinch, I believe. Pure strength has never translated into a great record. Coleman is one instance of that, and he's fairly quick and a great wrestler. The submission game is becoming so advanced that it really counters wrestling very well. Randy's Greco-Roman wrestling translates well to MMA though, because it relies heavily on body control.

I think if the UFC markets Lesnar, he'll fight a lot of standup guys. And he'll just throw them down and dominate them. I'd hate to see it, but I'm not a fan of Lesnar. I think it'd be fairly humorous if he fights someone like Crocop and gets kicked in the head on his first rush.

Post #18   8/28/07 10:02:31AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
brock is the heavy weight version of what koschek used to be on TUF

Post #19   8/28/07 12:30:59PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:

Posted by k_lup07

i dont care if he suplexed jesus christ himself, professional wrestling doesnt mean shit. he needs to work his way through the smaller organizations.

lmao

Post #20   8/28/07 1:28:38PM   

EddieBowers

MMA Regular

EddieBowers Avatar

Career:126-96
Camp: TX Ground and Pound
Chips:
I don't think anybody in here is saying Brock will get his a$$ handed to him, or that he will not be able to win a fight. I mean come on he is a beast, and he can wrestle. There are several people I am sure he can beat just because of his strength. I just don’t think he can take the title and hold on to it, in other words be a legit Champ in the MMA world… not just the UFC. I would like to watch him grow into a good MMA fighter, maybe show some respect to those that started this, and that are current and past champions.

Last edited 8/28/07 5:07PM server time by svartorm
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   8/28/07 1:51:06PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Brock Lesner is a Big man who couldnt cut it in the NFL, so he went to the fake professional wrestlers circuit. Ill give him credit for fwanting to get in the ring with some of the top contenders but he shouldnt get a pass to the UFC just because he is Brock Lesner. If Dana Whit keeps letting the pro wrestlers come in to the ufc no matter if they win or lose they will throw a shadow over the reality of it all. When people start thinking the UFC is fake its all over.

Lesnar may be a fake WWE wrestler, but he does have an NCAA D1 championship, as well as a ridiculous 106-5 record in his amateur wrestling career. It depends on how it translates for him to MMA. Many fighters with those credentials have done well, ie. Coleman, Koscheck, Henderson, and various other decent wrestlers. I don't think he'll be top 5, but he could potentially have a good money making career in MMA.

Post #22   8/28/07 2:54:13PM   

blowe1983

MMA Regular

blowe1983 Avatar

Career:37-15
Chips:
brock is more decorated than most wrestlers in the ufc. brock got asked in the ufc for the money. if some amatuer fighter thast never been heard of started talking all of this garbage about how he can dominate the best trained heavyweight fighters in the world dana would laugh. but since its brock hes gonna let him fight. idk it can either be really really good or really really bad. right now ive been pretty satisfied with dana i just hope this isnt a turn for the worst

Post #23   8/28/07 4:32:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Nothing says "Welcome to the UFC!" like a kick to the head from Crocop, IMO ;)

Post #24   8/28/07 4:59:57PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Brock Lesner is a Big man who couldnt cut it in the NFL, so he went to the fake professional wrestlers circuit. Ill give him credit for fwanting to get in the ring with some of the top contenders but he shouldnt get a pass to the UFC just because he is Brock Lesner. If Dana Whit keeps letting the pro wrestlers come in to the ufc no matter if they win or lose they will throw a shadow over the reality of it all. When people start thinking the UFC is fake its all over.

Exactly who are these other pro wreslters that Dana White has let into the UFC?

Post #25   8/28/07 7:44:47PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:

ok well first off Lesnar is accomplished amatuear wrestler first who only went into professional wrestling because amatuear wrestling isnt much of a career and after professional wrestling which he did first, he went on to play for the minesota vikings untill he was eventually cut because he missed practices because of an injury he sustained during a motorcycle accident in 2004 now he has decided to get into Mixed Martial Arts which i think is great because to me hes as serious as any other if not more serious then sum of the people out there in MMA

Post #26   8/28/07 9:47:31PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2