Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor Will Lose His Next Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Garenteed. I can't stand bandwagon jumpers. My favorite hockey team is the chicago blackhawks, so no one can accuse me of that lol. I just think if you like a fighter then like them, cheer for them don't switch from fighter to fighter based on who they just beat.

Go Blackhawks props to you

Post #61   8/29/07 12:38:46AM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
QUOTE]Posted by MoJoy

Sakuraba, you have some great points on your post, but if anyone looks at your rankings, I dont know who you can talk about someone's rankings, here's a snippett of yours

No Chuck Liddell in the LHW top 10

BJ Penn ranked 8 among lightweights when he is higher on some peoples pound for pound list lol

Matt Hughes number 1 Welterweight

Lyoto Machida number 4 LHW

I am not sure how you came up with some of that. It's all for for fun dude.

Ranking are based on "SKILL" read the description man!!! I already defended my rankings. Liddell is not skilled enough to be top 10. THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE CAN'T BEAT THE GUYS ON MY LIST. The more skilled fighter doesn't always win, we should all know that by now.

People rank incorrectly (in terms of ranking by accomplishment (Randy) instead of skill). Sure accomplishments play into it, obviously they could not have achieved much if they were rubbish, but come on.

I'm surprised you didn't mention Frank Shamrock #1 Once again, doesn't mean he'll beat every other MW, but I think he is the most skilled.

But ED HERMAN!!!

And TS, you makes yourself sound dumb.

Posted by Taylor8766

he might be a great success or not so much who knows until it happens right?

Then WTF did you definitively title this thread Fedor will lose his next fight!??!?!

Post #62   8/29/07 2:43:57AM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
How can you make fun of me for picking Ed Herman as a middleweight when you have fedor ranked 5th in the pound for pound(come on), which I'm still trying to figure out considering your bashing me about bashing him, at least I know he's one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, how you ranked the guys you did higher than him I'll never know. I'm surprised you put him number 1 in the heavies, but where's Randy, only one of the greatest UFC fighters ever, I guess you didn't see saturday's fight. The lightheavies, Chuck Liddell not in top ten, ok I guess if you weren't a former LHW champ you can't be in the top ten, especially when he's considered one of the top LHW in the world, but whatever. Next is Matt Hughes number 1? now I love Hughes as much as the next person but everyone in the world knows he's not number 1, you even ranked him over GSP? I guess you didn't see there last fight, also no Matt Serra, but whatever he's only the WW champion. Now don't even get me started on the lightweights thats a whole mess you've got going,no sherk? BJ ranked 8?,no Stevenson?, no Huerta?.

Now listen I can make fun of your list until sunset but I have better things to due with my time, I just can't believe that you are making fun of my one flaw in Ed Herman in middleweight when you said so yourself that fighters are capable of beating these fighters,and thats what I believe about Ed Herman. So you mess with me I mess with you, look if you want to end it end it now.

Post #63   8/29/07 3:03:44AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

How can you make fun of me for picking Ed Herman as a middleweight when you have fedor ranked 5th in the pound for pound(come on), which I'm still trying to figure out considering your bashing me about bashing him, at least I know he's one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world, how you ranked the guys you did higher than him I'll never know. I'm surprised you put him number 1 in the heavies, but where's Randy, only one of the greatest UFC fighters ever, I guess you didn't see saturday's fight. The lightheavies, Chuck Liddell not in top ten, ok I guess if you weren't a former LHW champ you can't be in the top ten, especially when he's considered one of the top LHW in the world, but whatever. Next is Matt Hughes number 1? now I love Hughes as much as the next person but everyone in the world knows he's not number 1, you even ranked him over GSP? I guess you didn't see there last fight, also no Matt Serra, but whatever he's only the WW champion. Now don't even get me started on the lightweights thats a whole mess you've got going,no sherk? BJ ranked 8?,no Stevenson?, no Huerta?.

Now listen I can make fun of your list until sunset but I have better things to due with my time, I just can't believe that you are making fun of my one flaw in Ed Herman in middleweight when you said so yourself that fighters are capable of beating these fighters,and thats what I believe about Ed Herman. So you mess with me I mess with you, look if you want to end it end it now.

i agree with you on everything but Hughes....im one of those guys who just cant pick GSP over him....odd thing is i think hes going to lose to Serra....and actually i think Ed Herman BEAT Grove on TUF finale. But oh well.

Post #64   8/29/07 7:03:59AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever
Ranking are based on "SKILL" read the description man!!! I already defended my rankings. Liddell is not skilled enough to be top 10. THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE CAN'T BEAT THE GUYS ON MY LIST. The more skilled fighter doesn't always win, we should all know that by now.

People rank incorrectly (in terms of ranking by accomplishment (Randy) instead of skill). Sure accomplishments play into it, obviously they could not have achieved much if they were rubbish, but come on.

huh?! generally arent the fighters' accomplishments reflective of their skill?! So are you saying everybody on this site ranks incorrectly while you rank fighters right? im going to go out on a limb here and say i think you dont exactly know what youre talking about. How could chuck liddell not be in your top ten? the ability to knock out 2 former lhw champions isnt enough? or how about a win over one of the most feared strikers in lhvy in his day, Vitor Belfort....with youre reasonings for him to not be in your top ten then CC shouldnt be there either.....both counter punchers, great sprawls, KO power, one technical one unorthodox.similar records, hell i'd go so far as to say chuck is more well rounded due to his wrestling and having submission victories. but youre logic is nonexistant to say the least....

Post #65   8/29/07 7:12:12AM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Taylor - did you read the part of ranking based on skill? If you did why are you talking about who accomplished what as champ? Sure it involved it, but not solely. And you obviously have only watched UFC, so maybe you'd be qualified to do UFC rankings.

And do you know what P4P means? If Fedor was a lightweight his skillset would not cut it.

And your God Randy is not ranked because he has not proven much recently. He's a top 15, sure, but GG and Tim were not top 10. If he was 10 years younger and not so hyped, no one would be ranking him with Fedor.

GSP and Hughes are 1-1, so I don't see your point there. I don't think I have to defend Hughes, unless BJ or GSP win again over him again, he's tops (not because he was champion for so long, but because of his skillset which used to beat a lot of top 10 guys).

Good example of ranking by skill not just because he's champ (because he's not)- Kid Yamamoto. He hasn't accomplished that much, he's just never been beaten besides by cut (like Fedor). But actually watch his fights and you will see how skilled he is.

And no, I am not saying my rankings are right and everyone is wrong (obviously, WTF?!). I am saying I rank based on skill, and I'm sure some people do to, but judging from "most" rankings, they are only based on accomplishments (Liddell #1? Sure he was champ for a while, but all he has is KO power, and hasn't really displayed superior skill to the 10 guys I have ahead of him, much less fought the same level of comp). And Vitor won that fight. Judges aren't always right, use your own brain and watch the fight like they are 2 no names going at it, see who wins.

And Taylor, I'm not really messin with you, just having a laugh at your expense for starting this thread, not having any ground to stand on with it, then admitting no one will know how good Fedor is until he actually fights, which compeltely made this thread useless (although I do appreciate the Herman laugh, it was good).

Post #66   8/29/07 12:55:42PM   

LakaiDude07

Learning to Sprawl

Career:33-19
Chips:
nooo way, Fedor all the way.Gonzaga and Fedor are worlds apart in style and skill, theres no way to gage Fedor's skill on Randy's previous fights.

Post #67   8/29/07 7:17:51PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by fullfighting

Taylor with all do respect you're a JACKASS. Sure Fedor can be beaten but you listed 5 or 6 guys that you think will beat him and they are not in his league. Have you not watched Fedor fight? I have no problem with you thinking Randy can beat Fedor, but it seems like you have No respect for Fedor at all.

well said the guy keeps digging a bigger hole with each new post . instead of using reason he just wants to argue a point with little fact to back his position

Post #68   8/30/07 9:09:25PM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5