Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Will Lose His Next Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
You rank Ed Herman top 10 I don't know if I can come up with 10 guys worse then him!

I needed that...damn my ribs hurt, good one, man!

And you still rank Liddell above Jackson? Wow...I bet you think Liddell could beat Fedor too, right!

Post #46   8/28/07 1:52:25AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
See but Fedor SHOULD learn from what happend to Mirko, I really hope everyone does. Fedor's an incredibly intelligent fighter and he won't have a problem with the transition. Sure there are people who could beat him, but if Fedor's fighting at his mental and physical peak, he'll only lose by cut.

Post #47   8/28/07 2:46:38AM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

You rank Ed Herman top 10 I don't know if I can come up with 10 guys worse then him!

I needed that...damn my ribs hurt, good one, man!

And you still rank Liddell above Jackson? Wow...I bet you think Liddell could beat Fedor too, right!

Sakuraba, you have some great points on your post, but if anyone looks at your rankings, I dont know who you can talk about someone's rankings, here's a snippett of yours

No Chuck Liddell in the LHW top 10

BJ Penn ranked 8 among lightweights when he is higher on some peoples pound for pound list lol

Matt Hughes number 1 Welterweight

Lyoto Machida number 4 LHW

I am not sure how you came up with some of that. It's all for for fun dude.

Post #48   8/28/07 9:39:58AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Fedor isn't the same fighter as Mirko at all though. Mirko relies on range to strike his opponent. Fedor relies on range as well, but when he's put into a clinch, he waits for the reversal, and he's powerful enough to strongarm himself out of the clinch as well. Granted, he hasn't face the clinch of Randy Couture yet so that has yet to be determined if he can power out of Randy's clinch.

Gonzaga was able to stay on his feet for a few takedown attempts. And Fedor's Sambo is judo and ju-jitsu put together. He has the ability to fall correctly in order to recovery quickly, as well as lean on the fence to reverse. As smart as Randy is, I wonder if he will even try to go for the takedowns a lot during a battle with Fedor. The dirty boxing clinch seems like his best hope.

Post #49   8/28/07 10:09:37AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Taylor8766

I'm not dimantling his accomplishments I agree that he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, but I don't think that he would beat Couture. And I've seen lots of his fights and he is impressive but I still don't think he could beat Couture.

do you realize that Fedor is better at everything that Couture does?

I disagree. Fedor has not been proven to be better in the clinch and has not shown aptitude in throwing elbows. Randy is awesome in both.

Post #50   8/28/07 11:03:02AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Taylor8766

I'm not dimantling his accomplishments I agree that he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, but I don't think that he would beat Couture. And I've seen lots of his fights and he is impressive but I still don't think he could beat Couture.

do you realize that Fedor is better at everything that Couture does?

I disagree. Fedor has not been proven to be better in the clinch and has not shown aptitude in throwing elbows. Randy is awesome in both.

ok well ALMOST everything. Darth Fedor would end the fight on the ground with a submission anyways so Randys clinch wouldnt come into play too much.

Post #51   8/28/07 11:10:00AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Ok Coleman is a better wrestler than Randy how? I mean please provide some kind of reasoning for that kind of statement. Coleman may have wrestling credentials from college, but that doesn't make him a better wrestler in MMA, I think we have proven that fact especially with GSP's dismantling of Kos in their fight. And really, who the hell has Colemen beat since 1997? Can you name a single victory that is even worthy of mentioning?

He won the 2000 OP Grand Prix by beating Igor Vovchanchyn, I'd say that is an accomplishment. I agree Randy is a better wrestler though. Coleman is way too brash and usually tries to duke it out.

Last edited 8/28/07 2:07PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #52   8/28/07 2:06:12PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
The only response to that I have is: Who?

I mean Igor Vovchanchyn won a gran prix but the dude has wins over pretty much mediocre fighters with the exception of Sakuraba, who I have always felt to be overrated. So again, he doesn't really have any meaningful wins.

Post #53   8/28/07 3:40:09PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
I agree in the fact that i do believe if randy fights fedor the way he did tim and gabe that he will beat fedor.if randy slammed fedor like randleman did,randy wouldnt make a mistake and then get caught in a armbar...........i think that with his age randy becomes more smart in the way he fights i mean his head movement is so quick its amazing and his will to win.I dont agree with all the fighters that u say can beat him maybe vera but not likely....Randy i think has the greatest chance of anyone i also wanna see fedor and mark hunt again

Post #54   8/28/07 5:23:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I could never see Randy slamming Fedor like Randleman did. The two work on a completely different level as far as slamming people goes. Randleman is extremely strong (/on roids) and explosive as hell. Couture usually has a lot more clean takedowns that put him in line for better position when they hit the ground. Randleman seemed to be going for the KO.

Post #55   8/28/07 5:27:29PM   

Piccosaur

MMA Regular

Piccosaur Avatar

Career:3-1
Camp: RB Fighting Systems
Chips:
If Fedor's first fight is against Couture, and Couture is in the shape he was just in against GG, Couture will beat Fedor.

Post #56   8/28/07 5:34:58PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I have a few things to say
1. Courtue is a smarter fighter than Randleman and Colman so I would compare him to either
2.Courture has a week chin and Fedor explodes with his punches
3.Courture uses that clinch so he has less of a chance to be knocked out.
4. It would be a mistake to take Fedor down he is too good down there.

5. If Courture is gonna stand a chance use the clinch

6. I would love to see the fight

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #57   8/28/07 7:04:21PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Fedor's just as good off his back, and he's a better wrestler then Randy. Yes, sambo is wrestling. I don't really get why people completly change their opinions after ONE fight, I see people in here who picked GG to romp randy and fedor! Now they're just changing, and what happens if Nog goes in and demolishes randy? His bandwagon will be next?

Last edited 8/28/07 8:36PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #58   8/28/07 8:36:00PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Fedor's just as good off his back, and he's a better wrestler then Randy. Yes, sambo is wrestling. I don't really get why people completly change their opinions after ONE fight, I see people in here who picked GG to romp randy and fedor! Now they're just changing, and what happens if Nog goes in and demolishes randy? His bandwagon will be next?

Probably, people like to bandwagon don't they? They just want to seem smart by jumping off the bandwagon after it flipped over and crashed. Are people going to jump on the Cheik Kongo bandwagon if he beats CroCop? Are people going to say he will beat Fedor and Couture?

Post #59   8/28/07 11:18:48PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
Garenteed. I can't stand bandwagon jumpers. My favorite hockey team is the chicago blackhawks, so no one can accuse me of that lol. I just think if you like a fighter then like them, cheer for them don't switch from fighter to fighter based on who they just beat.

Post #60   8/28/07 11:27:29PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5