Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor Will Lose His Next Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Josh3239

Learning to Sprawl

Josh3239 Avatar

Career:55-34
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766
...he will lose that fight because he's gunna come in like every other fighter did when they fought Couture and that is by thinking that there's no way that this old man is gunna beat me and he will train alot less harder...

...he has never been in a takedown situation with Randy who would run through him, look what he did to Chuck and Gonzaga.

Your number one problem is assuming he will underestimate Couture and stop training What are you basing this on? Are you a pychic? I call BS. Fedor, the number one HW and Pride champ beat Matt Lindland, the number 3 MW. I don't think Fedor has any problems with underestimating his opponents.

Second, you need to watch more Fedor. He has great TD defense and is also very good on the ground. You use Chuck as an example? Chuck, 205lbs KO'd Randy twice. Need I say more? If a 205lbs Chuck can, then Fedor certainly can. And Gonzaga, he is only known for beating Cro Cop... so did Fedor.

Posted by Taylor8766

Fedor would most likely beat them but against guys like Gonzaga, Arlovski, Vera and Couture I think he would lose.

He'd lose to Gonzaga? The only reason Gonzaga's name is big is because he beat Cro Cop. Fedor did to.
He'd lose to Arlovski? I am a huge Arlovski fan, but that's just dumb. Arlovski was beaten twice by Sylvia. He cannot beat Fedor.
He'd lose to Vera? As far as I am concerned Vera is a nobody. He beat a bunch of cans; Eilers, Mir and Assuerio Silva. Is that really impressive?

Last edited 8/27/07 6:19PM server time by josh3239
Edit note/reason: change

Post #31   8/27/07 6:17:25PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
GSP had personal issues before that fight, he says he did and gets raped, Randy said the reason he lost to chuck was his divorce, thats fine he's randy. Mirko doesn't train seriously and fights for the paycheck, watch 95% of his fights before coming to the UFC, he has never looked like that before. You cannot bank of Fedor coming and not taking things seriously. Fedor has beaten the who's who of the HW div. Randy's beaten Tim, and GG since coming back, still IMHO those guys aren't top 7, not saying randy has something to prove career wise, but he's still got to fight Nog, Mirko, Josh again, among others. I would like to see all these fights, but guys Fedor's 30, 14 years younger, fought better HW competition, his strengths are in the same general area as Randy's, and he's got better GnP then anyone. I'm in no way saying Fedor's invincible, but he doesn't seem to get hurt outside on incident with Fujita. I believe Randy could win, but it would have to be a cut stoppage or a UFC hometown stoppage/SD.

Post #32   8/27/07 6:18:30PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Well Taylor, you said that Andrei Arlovski could beat Fedor. Fedor is like Arlovski times 4 in every way. The only difference is that if I saw wolf-man Arlovski on the street, I'd run away. I'd probably go and shake Fedor's hand and then get armbar'd. Fedor vs Tim Sylvia...joke? Fedor would smash Tim Sylvia just like Randy Couture did. Gonzaga? Brandon Vera? Cheik freakin Kongo? You must be on one hell of a drug to think those last 3 guys are even close to getting into Fedor's league.

Post #33   8/27/07 6:19:32PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
lol I didn't even see the kongo comment, that would be a great ground war

Post #34   8/27/07 6:31:44PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Taylor:

Simple:

1. Fedor doesn't care about how old is Randy, supporting your ideas on this fact shows your limited brain capacity.

2. A judo and sambo fighter that doesn't have good TD defense??? Once again supporting yourself with nonsense.

Stay in school, if you are.

Post #35   8/27/07 6:39:13PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,070-584
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If retarded threads like this start popping up on this site all the time i will be very depressed. Your thread title just sounds completely ignorant and your reasonings are not clear at all.

Last edited 8/27/07 6:52PM server time by copenhagen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   8/27/07 6:51:26PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
He's not as off as many of you suggest. Listen to what he's saying. No one is unbeatable. And it is a fact that Pride has overated the Heavyweight division, just cause you lose to Fedor dont mean that's great compition. Big Nog until a see a strong performance, I'm not really sure about. He has a great rep, and I have seen a lot of his fights, but I better see improvement. Cro Cop was exposed, in a big way. From the beginning of the fight, to the end, on the feet, on the ground. Remember these fights are now in the Octagon. It is my very strong belief that the Octagon and the rules in the Cage, bring out the real best fighter. Josh Barnett was roided up when he fought Randy, and Josh is overated, and was knocked around by Pedro Rizzo, and has not been able to beat Cro Cop in 3 tries. Sergei was knocked out by Allistair Oveereem who normally fights in a lower weight class. I won't disprect Fedor the person if he does not step into the Octagon but I will lose respect for Fedor the fighter. His last fight against Matt Lindland, come on, that's an overated fighter who'se 2 weight classes lighter than him, and almost got him in the beginning of the fight, he got struck by a non striker, and if Fedor does not do an illegal ring grab Matt would have fared better, still not won but lasted for more in the contest. Now his next fight may be against Gilbert Yvel, I mean Fedor what are you thinking. Is Rich Franklin or Chris Leben up next. If they fought Fedor and Randy, yes I have Fedor ranked number 1 Pound for Pound but I would take Randy, especially if it in Fedor first UFC fight. Randy is getting better as he gets older. Sweet dreams.

Post #37   8/27/07 7:10:09PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,070-584
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Every fricking thread on Fedor ends with "no one is unbeatable" (which no one disagrees with) and "even though no one is unbeatable Fedor is still a high favorite against many match-ups" (which I also think many people agree on.) These are just double threads on top of double threads on top of double threads.

Post #38   8/27/07 7:17:33PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Every fricking thread on Fedor ends with "no one is unbeatable" (which no one disagrees with) and "even though no one is unbeatable Fedor is still a high favorite against many match-ups" (which I also think many people agree on.) These are just double threads on top of double threads on top of double threads.

Post #39   8/27/07 7:42:35PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
im not even going to dignify this with a response because................no

Post #40   8/27/07 7:50:45PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Taylor, I'm not saying those guys can't beat Fedor-Im saying they won't. You don't understand my F'ing logic? Your statements are completely ilogical. Your whole "anyone can beat anyone on a given day theory", Well no SH*t genius, everyone here knows that. If you believe Coutoure can beat Fedor thats reasonable. But to say those other guys WILL beat Fedor is retarded. If Taylor is right i guess we're gonna see Fedor drop 6 fights in a row. Your theory sucked, plain and simple. We all say stupid things-we just have to move on.

Post #41   8/27/07 8:22:53PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

I'm not dimantling his accomplishments I agree that he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, but I don't think that he would beat Couture. And I've seen lots of his fights and he is impressive but I still don't think he could beat Couture.

do you realize that Fedor is better at everything that Couture does?

Post #42   8/27/07 8:48:56PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
everyone is just excited that he is doing this at 44 years old, i bet any money that if this had happened when he was 30 we wouldnt even mention about randy being better than fedor, if anything people would be saying randy is overrated. because he beat a paper champ, and an overhyped contender that didnt deserve to be there in the first place...

Post #43   8/27/07 10:59:26PM   

Josh3239

Learning to Sprawl

Josh3239 Avatar

Career:55-34
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

everyone is just excited that he is doing this at 44 years old, i bet any money that if this had happened when he was 30 we wouldnt even mention about randy being better than fedor, if anything people would be saying randy is overrated. because he beat a paper champ, and an overhyped contender that didnt deserve to be there in the first place...

One of the best things said in this thread, especially the part about Sylvia and Gonzaga.

Post #44   8/27/07 11:23:19PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Ok what I'm saying is that Fedor is an excellent fighter that would beat all of the fighters I have named I agree with that but what I'm saying is that any of those guys could beat Fedor(except Kongo and Sylvia I realize that was a mistake), and what you guys don't realize is that if Fedor did come to the UFC the rules change and thats what happened to Cro Cop he didn't train for these aspects. However if Fedor did come to the UFC there is no doubt in my mind that he would train these aspects very hard, but when he has his first fight he won't be used to being out up against the cage, if Couture got him in a clinch, and he wouldn't be used to elbows, he might be a great success or not so much who knows until it happens right?

Post #45   8/28/07 12:45:51AM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5