Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Will Lose His Next Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Ok Coleman is a better wrestler than Randy how? I mean please provide some kind of reasoning for that kind of statement. Coleman may have wrestling credentials from college, but that doesn't make him a better wrestler in MMA, I think we have proven that fact especially with GSP's dismantling of Kos in their fight. And really, who the hell has Colemen beat since 1997? Can you name a single victory that is even worthy of mentioning?

Post #16   8/27/07 2:52:52PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,526-937
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

I'm not dimantling his accomplishments I agree that he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, but I don't think that he would beat Couture. And I've seen lots of his fights and he is impressive but I still don't think he could beat Couture.

You are "dimantling" them.

P.S: A thread titled "I think Couture can beat Fedor" with only one--or perhaps even zero--exclamation points will draw a lot less heat than this one did.

Post #17   8/27/07 2:53:48PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
How am I dismantling his accomplishments please enlighten me. I wanted it to draw heat so that people knew how I felt about Couture and Fedor, also I agree that Coleman is nothing in wrestling compared to Couture.

Last edited 8/27/07 2:56PM server time by taylor8766
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   8/27/07 2:55:58PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Well, he dominated Shogun Rua. But yes, you can make the argument that there really is no proof that he is a better wrestler than Couture other than credentials. Coleman actually made the Olympic team and placed in Barcelona, Couture couldn't make the team. Close, but never made it. That's my only evidence, so ya got me. But.. I still think the Coleman fights were significant in proving Fedor could beat a top level wrestler. And Coleman is still hinted at coming to the UFC, so maybe we can add evidence to my argument.

Post #19   8/27/07 2:57:38PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
Um, Coleman did not dominate Rua, did you even watch that fight?

Post #20   8/27/07 3:01:43PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Fair enough, if I remember correctly.

Post #21   8/27/07 3:03:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

How am I dismantling his accomplishments please enlighten me. I wanted it to draw heat so that people knew how I felt about Couture and Fedor, also I agree that Coleman is nothing in wrestling compared to Couture.

Well you've certainly "dismantled' his accomplishments by saying he could be beaten by the likes of some of the guys you mentioned.

Fedor has beaten arguably the two number one strikers in the world (Filipovic, Hunt) and he's trained extensively with a man people consider to be one of the best strikers ever in Hoost.

He's beaten some of the best and strongest wrestlers in the world (Lindland, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita)

He's beaten some of the best grapplers in the world (Big Nog, Babalu, Arona)

What else does the guy have to prove? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good fight between he and Couture, but... Cheick Kongo? hahaha

Post #22   8/27/07 4:05:59PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Taylor8766

Well you've certainly "dismantled' his accomplishments by saying he could be beaten by the likes of some of the guys you mentioned.

Fedor has beaten arguably the two number one strikers in the world (Filipovic, Hunt) and he's trained extensively with a man people consider to be one of the best strikers ever in Hoost.

He's beaten some of the best and strongest wrestlers in the world (Lindland, Coleman, Randleman, Fujita)

He's beaten some of the best grapplers in the world (Big Nog, Babalu, Arona)

What else does the guy have to prove? I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good fight between he and Couture, but... Cheick Kongo? hahaha

Exactly.

Post #23   8/27/07 4:32:59PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Chips:
Ok maybe Kongo and Sylvia were bad choices Fedor would most likely beat them but against guys like Gonzaga, Arlovski, Vera and Couture I think he would lose.

Post #24   8/27/07 4:36:13PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

so basically what you gusy are saying is that fedor is invincible, just like GSp was until he got KOed, just like Cro Cop was before he got KTFO, and just like how Jardine was gunna run through Alexander, what you guys have to realize is that Fedor is beatable.

Actually...pretty much everyone knew that GSP/CroCop were gonna be tough to beat but not invinceable. Its just that no one thought they would get beat by the people they did. And Jardine, well that was just a sloppy performance.

Fedor is beatable, but it is still gonna take one hell of a fighter to beat Fedor. Is that fighter Randy Couture? Maybe. But we will have to wait to find out.

Post #25   8/27/07 4:46:55PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Chips:
True, however no one ever expected GSP, Cro Cop and Jardine to lose and the people that the lost to are said to be the 3 greatest upsets in MMA history, now if your saying it's gunna take a special fighter to take out Fedor, alot of people said the same think about GSP and that he would rule the division as the champ for a long time, but he got KO by and underdog. Same thing with Cro Cop people said he was gunna wreck havoc on the HW division and look what happened to him. It's possible that's what I'm trying to get across to everyone but everyone keeps thinking that Im putting him down which I'm not Im just saying that it is very possible for him to lose his next fight, and he's not invincible.

Post #26   8/27/07 5:37:03PM   

Schizoidman

MMA Regular

Schizoidman Avatar

Career:94-60
Chips:
I think Couture vs. Fedor would be one of the greatest heavyweight fights to date. The thing we need to realize is that Fedor and Couture are two of the best tactical fighters in the world. They both come in with a game plan, and they both execute to perfection. Randy's style has changed incredibly over the years, and both men put a lot of thought in how to beat their opponent. They study like crazy and capitalize on the other fighter's weakness. Mark Hunt - submit. Cro Cop - keep him back pedaling. Nogueira - stand up. Fujita - get stunned? clench up, take him down, and submit him. Not like Diego Sanchez and Kos who all of a sudden think they're stand-up fighters. They don't try to prove themselves to the world in areas that they are weak (Couture and Fedor). They study their opponents and capitalize on the areas that they are weak. This would be an incredible match up. I don't think there are two smarter men in the world of fighting.

Post #27   8/27/07 5:41:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Schizoidman

I think Couture vs. Fedor would be one of the greatest heavyweight fights to date. The thing we need to realize is that Fedor and Couture are two of the best tactical fighters in the world. They both come in with a game plan, and they both execute to perfection. Randy's style has changed incredibly over the years, and both men put a lot of thought in how to beat their opponent. They study like crazy and capitalize on the other fighter's weakness. Mark Hunt - submit. Cro Cop - keep him back pedaling. Nogueira - stand up. Fujita - get stunned? clench up, take him down, and submit him. Not like Diego Sanchez and Kos who all of a sudden think they're stand-up fighters. They don't try to prove themselves to the world in areas that they are weak (Couture and Fedor). They study their opponents and capitalize on the areas that they are weak. This would be an incredible match up. I don't think there are two smarter men in the world of fighting.

PROPS

Post #28   8/27/07 5:43:13PM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Taylor with all do respect you're a JACKASS. Sure Fedor can be beaten but you listed 5 or 6 guys that you think will beat him and they are not in his league. Have you not watched Fedor fight? I have no problem with you thinking Randy can beat Fedor, but it seems like you have No respect for Fedor at all.

Post #29   8/27/07 5:44:39PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Chips:
first off who do you think you are to call me a jackass, yes I've watched Fedor fight but I'm stating that no matter which fight you are you can lose, and I don't see how you don't think any of the fighters I listed aren't in his league, the same thing was once again said for GSP vs. Serra and Cro Cop vs. Gonzaga, so I don't understand any of you F@@King logic

Post #30   8/27/07 6:02:20PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5