Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Will Lose His Next Fight!!!!!!!!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Ok before any of you guys think that I hate Fedor I don't I'm just stated reality and that is that if he signs with the UFC he will get an autmatic title shot against Couture, however he will lose that fight because he's gunna come in like every other fighter did when they fought Couture and that is by thinking that there's no way that this old man is gunna beat me and he will train alot less harder. While Couture will train like he's never trained before because he's going up against what a lot of people consider the greatest fighter in MMA history, and he would destroy Fedor. Alot of people say that Fedor has amazing takedown defense however he has never been in a takedown situation with Randy who would run through him, look what he did to Chuck and Gonzaga. I believe that if he did sign with the UFC he wouldn't just lose to Couture he would lose to Arlovski, Sylvia, Gonzaga, Vera and Kongo. Now I'm not saying that Fedor isn't amoung the best he holds notable victories over Nogueria, Cro Cop and Hunt but alot of people give him way too much credit, he does deserve alot but not that much and alot of people will jump off the bandwagon if he signs with the UFC and fights Couture and gets beat.

Post #1   8/27/07 1:57:21PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
LOL...

Post #2   8/27/07 2:03:35PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
No he won't

Post #3   8/27/07 2:11:02PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I should have known by the bunches of exclamation points that this thread would be filled with a bunch of nonsense.

I don't even know where to begin. So I'm not going to.

Post #4   8/27/07 2:11:28PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
like omg, if fedor does sign with the ufc im pretty sure he is bound to lose a fight. i just dont like all the hype behind fedor, oh hes unbeatable. no one is

Post #5   8/27/07 2:12:46PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,526-937
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
The original post is much better than I expected after reading the title. I would actually describe it as only "very bad".

Post #6   8/27/07 2:13:15PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I love Chuck, but I don't love the fact that his picture as a forum avatar seems to scream... well.... posts like this. To be diplomatic about what I'm trying to say, anyway.

Post #7   8/27/07 2:14:25PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Taylor8766

The Reason That FEDOR is the greatest Fighter in MMA history is because he never took anyone lightly....

Post #8   8/27/07 2:23:38PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
If you really want to laugh, check out his top 10 rankings.

Post #9   8/27/07 2:29:29PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
To be honest, I didn't read most of your opening post before my first comment... So I'd like to add...

if he signs with the UFC he will get an autmatic title shot against Couture, however he will lose that fight because he's gunna come in like every other fighter did when they fought Couture and that is by thinking that there's no way that this old man is gunna beat me and he will train alot less harder

Fedor will not train a lot less harder, he will train like he does for every other fight, and that's scary... Gonzaga probably trained harder than he's ever trained in his life for his fight with Randy... I just don't get this statemen

Alot of people say that Fedor has amazing takedown defense however he has never been in a takedown situation with Randy who would run through him, look what he did to Chuck and Gonzaga

Chuck and GG are no where near Fedor's level, especially when it comes to being well rounded... Randy would run through him? Really? C'mon...

...he wouldn't just lose to Couture he would lose to Arlovski, Sylvia, Gonzaga, Vera and Kongo...

Huh? Kongo? Sylvia? Vera? Huh? Arlovski might put up a decent fight, but Fedor has much better sambo, and can dictate where this fight will be fought.

All in all, this is some silly stuff man... You even say that Fedor is one of the best fighters in the world, then you think he'd lose to guy's like Kongo and Big Tim??? Just don't make sense... There's a reason everyone thinks he's the best #4#

Last edited 8/27/07 2:31PM server time by pv3Hpv3p
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   8/27/07 2:30:55PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I agree that I think Fedor would lose to Randy but not for the reasons the original poster mentioned. My personal feeling is that the competition in the heavy weight division in pride was not as good as it seemed. I have no doubts that Filipovic and Nog are great fighters but they are also overrated and Nog's first fight against a heavy weight contender in the UFC will prove this.

Like he did with Sylvia and Gonzaga, Randy will come out with ferocity. Fedor won't blink. It's not something that happens to him. But when the fight eventually gets to the ground, Couture will be on top and will rain down elbows. Fedor, like Filipovic won't be ready for the effect. The result is a called fight in the 4th round by gnp.

Transitions be damned, Couture is no Randleman on the ground, so don't expect a reversal like that to happen.

Post #11   8/27/07 2:36:36PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Chips:
so basically what you gusy are saying is that fedor is invincible, just like GSp was until he got KOed, just like Cro Cop was before he got KTFO, and just like how Jardine was gunna run through Alexander, what you guys have to realize is that Fedor is beatable.

Post #12   8/27/07 2:38:52PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

so basically what you gusy are saying is that fedor is invincible, just like GSp was until he got KOed, just like Cro Cop was before he got KTFO, and just like how Jardine was gunna run through Alexander, what you guys have to realize is that Fedor is beatable.

No what they are saying is that Fedor is the most dominant Heavy Weight of MMA. I don't necessarily agree with it but you have been making some absolutely ludicrous statements in the past hour. I would suggest you calm down a little bit and actually watch Fedor fight before you come in here and dismantle his accomplishments.

Post #13   8/27/07 2:43:04PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
I fully expect a reversal. Coleman is stronger and bigger than Randy with better wrestling, and Fedor reversed. The mistake Coleman made was miniscule. He put his arm on the mat. And it was over. Couture did the SAME EXACT mistake against Inoue. Now, that was such a long time ago, but that submission transition to armbar from that position is nearly unstoppable. If the fighter on his back can pull that off, it's over, and it can't be stopped unless you pull out fast enough. If you can pull that kind of transition off, having a wrestler on top of you is a disadvantage to that wrestler.

That's just one example. I see Fedor taking it 1st or 2nd round submission.

Post #14   8/27/07 2:46:32PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Chips:
I'm not dimantling his accomplishments I agree that he is one of the best heavyweights in the world, but I don't think that he would beat Couture. And I've seen lots of his fights and he is impressive but I still don't think he could beat Couture.

Last edited 8/27/07 2:52PM server time by taylor8766
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   8/27/07 2:51:35PM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>