Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Seven Things we learned from UFC 74: Respect

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

ppwwpp

Learning to Sprawl

ppwwpp Avatar

Career:187-120
Camp: UFCmaniacs
Chips:
That seriously had to have been one of the worse articles i've ever read in my life. The couture part correct but come on the rest was so wrong. Grove was ko'd by Cote on a punch where it didnt look like he had anything behind it. Yes Groves is improving but his jaw is a little weak and he needs to improve on his standup, look at his fight with Hector he got caught early in the first round but somone who presses and throws punches. Huerta on the other hand had a great fight and and has every time he's stepped into the octagon, he truely is on the uprise. Sure he was caught in a few holds but he didnt tap did he? He's a smart young fighter with tons of potential. He might not be on the same level as Sherk or Penn but he's only 24 give him time. Also Heurta looking up at the big screen to see where Crane was, to elbow him was the highlight of the card! lol

Post #31   8/28/07 1:28:02PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by ppwwpp

That seriously had to have been one of the worse articles i've ever read in my life. The couture part correct but come on the rest was so wrong. Grove was ko'd by Cote on a punch where it didnt look like he had anything behind it. Yes Groves is improving but his jaw is a little weak and he needs to improve on his standup, look at his fight with Hector he got caught early in the first round but somone who presses and throws punches. Huerta on the other hand had a great fight and and has every time he's stepped into the octagon, he truely is on the uprise. Sure he was caught in a few holds but he didnt tap did he? He's a smart young fighter with tons of potential. He might not be on the same level as Sherk or Penn but he's only 24 give him time. Also Heurta looking up at the big screen to see where Crane was, to elbow him was the highlight of the card! lol

Cote hit Grove behind the ear, which will knock anyone out. It nothing to do with his "Chin". As for Huerte, can you name a single top 10 fighter he's gone up against? Didn't think so. Someone like Crane shouldn't have even been able to keep him that occupied for two full rounds.

Post #32   8/28/07 4:49:03PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
i dont think kendal is gonna be a star.

Post #33   8/29/07 8:44:07AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
i dont know if overrated is the right word for huerta, i would say unproven. i certainly dont see how his performance on saturday would lower his ranking. that writer obviously has no idea how good cranes submissions are and that "almost" getting submitted shows skill against a guy like crane. when a guy like that gets you in something and you dont tap your stock should rise not fall.

and i dont think crane gassed as much as he took a lot of punishment and that drains you completely.

this writer sounds to me like a semi-serious fan who really doesnt know the game that well.

Last edited 8/29/07 12:32PM server time by jomatty
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   8/29/07 12:32:16PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3