Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

PRIDE is dead … or so it seems

Print  
Posted By Message

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
During the UFC 74 post-fight press conference this past weekend, UFC President Dana White more or less revealed that plans to keep PRIDE FC running are all but dashed, according to FightNetwork.com.

Linkage

Post #1   8/27/07 12:06:07PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:
that really sux but i think most of us saw it coming.

Post #2   8/27/07 12:43:21PM   

Infused

MMA Regular

Infused Avatar

Career:373-253
Chips:
As much as some people will argue with me, I don't really mind that its happening. As much as I love Pride, I'd rather see as much talent in one company as possible. Makes fight cards a lot better I think.

Post #3   8/27/07 12:56:14PM   

DevMahon

MMA Regular

DevMahon Avatar

Career:779-401
Chips:

Posted by Infused

As much as some people will argue with me, I don't really mind that its happening. As much as I love Pride, I'd rather see as much talent in one company as possible. Makes fight cards a lot better I think.

I can certainly agree with that. This would have worked just as well if Pride had bought the UFC and imported their talent, but the way its happened. . . I just want to see the fights.

Post #4   8/27/07 2:26:39PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
pride under zuffa wasnt going to be pride anyway....it's better to just let it die I suppose....what a bummer, im really going to miss pride fc.

Post #5   8/27/07 3:01:36PM   

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:
I am also way ok with this. Pride was great but it is much better with the bulk of the fighters in UFC. We get to see dream matchups, we get better PPV cards, we get to see top pride fighters in the cage (which IMO is so much more superior to the ring)
We also get Dana and Zuffa to focus on putting on great UFC shows without the distraction of trying to salvage Pride.

Post #6   8/27/07 3:36:48PM   

Murray_McNickle

Learning to Sprawl

Murray_McNickle Avatar

Career:57-46
Chips:
It's cool that all the great fighters have one major league to strive for, but I for one will miss the days of Wandy kneeing Rampages nose then his body completely out of the ring, the only hope I have now of that is if someone doesn't latch the doors securely to the cage and it opens. I can dream can't I

Post #7   8/27/07 4:09:25PM