Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Couture wants Fedor next, but might get ‘Big Nog’ instead

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
Who Is Next Randy?

“While not confirmed, UFC officials after the fight were talking about another Brazilian, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, the former Pride heavyeight champion, as Couture’s next opponent…"

Last edited 8/26/07 12:47PM server time by MMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/26/07 11:34:33AM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i would love to see randy vs fedor, but if fedor signs somewhere else, there is no doubt that Big nog should get it next, some people think he had a poor showing against big nog, but i think he looked impressive, heath herring is a very hard guy to get subbed, and in pride he got out of almost every sub big nog had until he got caught with the anaconda choke, so i wasnt surprised that he heath didnt get subbed, and Big Nog showed how well rounded he is and stood there and traded with Heath, he has proven himself in the past before, and he doesnt need to prove that he is an elite fighter.......

it would be crazy if the UFC has Randy vs Big nog in december, along side with Chuck vs Wandy (or wandy Vs somebody), and serra vs hughes, thats would be a crazy card.....

Post #2   8/26/07 11:41:49AM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,368-906
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
I'm confident that Randy would beat Big Nog. His win last night should solidify him as the greatest HW of all time next to Fedor. Randy has always said that to be the best you have to fight the best, and I think that the fact that he asked to fight Fedor shows that he's wiling to put it all on the line to prove he's the best. I think that the UFC should do everything in their power to set up a match between Couture and Fedor before Randy's contract runs out or he retires again. They owe it to Randy. They owe it the fans.

Post #3   8/26/07 11:52:26AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

i would love to see randy vs fedor, but if fedor signs somewhere else, there is no doubt that Big nog should get it next, some people think he had a poor showing against big nog, but i think he looked impressive, heath herring is a very hard guy to get subbed, and in pride he got out of almost every sub big nog had until he got caught with the anaconda choke, so i wasnt surprised that he heath didnt get subbed, and Big Nog showed how well rounded he is and stood there and traded with Heath, he has proven himself in the past before, and he doesnt need to prove that he is an elite fighter.......

it would be crazy if the UFC has Randy vs Big nog in december, along side with Chuck vs Wandy (or wandy Vs somebody), and serra vs hughes, thats would be a crazy card.....

You are not kidding.
Look at last December, they ended it with a bang with Liddell/Ortiz II and Griffin/Jardine.

I think Randy vs. Fedor/Big Nog in December with the addition of Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra and Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva would be the most fantastic card... ever.

But Hughes/Serra will be THE HEADLINING event so we will probably have to wait till Jan/Feb to see Randy back in the Octagon.

Post #4   8/26/07 11:53:00AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,297-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I agree That fight card in December would be crazy to end the year with. I really hope Wandy and Chuck fight soon.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   8/26/07 11:53:35AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Randy vs. Fedor is a bad matchup for Randy. Fedor isn't a straight ground fighter, he's pretty much an all-around unbelievable fighter with the quickest transition game in MMA. Big Nog vs. Randy is intriguing, but Nog's ju-jitsu game is bar none one of the best in MMA. It'd be a good fight, and after what Randy did last night, I think he could beat Big Nog.

Post #6   8/26/07 12:54:47PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

I'm confident that Randy would beat Big Nog. His win last night should solidify him as the greatest HW of all time next to Fedor. Randy has always said that to be the best you have to fight the best, and I think that the fact that he asked to fight Fedor shows that he's wiling to put it all on the line to prove he's the best. I think that the UFC should do everything in their power to set up a match between Couture and Fedor before Randy's contract runs out or he retires again. They owe it to Randy. They owe it the fans.

Randy is the greatest HW of all time? No, are you kidding me? He would get murdered in the LHW division. Liddell and Jackson would destroy him, and Henderson probably would too.

Randy's record is 16-8, which is rather subpar for a fighter of his caliber. He has 6 unavenged losses on his record. Yes, he's an inspiration to all fighting at 44 years old, but you have to be kidding yourself to consider Couture "the greatest HW of all time".

Post #7   8/26/07 1:26:38PM   

patdaddy

Banned

Career:43-36
Chips:
i dont care who you are or where you come from. if you are new in the ufc you shouldnt have one match and then fight for a title. especially when you went against a guy that isnt doing good in the ufc himself. so i dont think big nog should have a title shot, least not yet... i think they need to make vera vs sylvia possibly the next in line for title.. and make nog fight arvlosky to see who comes up the food chain...

as far as fedor goes, he is absolutely marvelous. but im not counting randy out for nothing.. so lets just wait to see. but my money is on a upset. id be betting on randy..

Post #8   8/26/07 1:33:09PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
We probably wont see randy again until January or later. That leaves time for big Nog to come in , and maybe fight the winer of Cro Cop/Congo. then that fighter could be in line. then there Silvia looking to return to the belt, and brandon vera is also in the mix.

P.S. Where did Jake Obrian go after he beat Heath Herring?

Post #9   8/26/07 1:49:15PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:
I think that Nogueira is a great fighter and everything, but his debut fight with the UFC wasn't up to title shot standards just yet, they're bringing over plenty of heavyweights, what I want to see is a heavyweight grand prix.

Post #10   8/26/07 2:01:20PM   

Mattchupichu

Learning to Sprawl

Mattchupichu Avatar

Career:912-523
Camp: UFCmaniacs
Chips:
Randy whopped Gabe's ass! He really did "beat the dog crap outta Gabe Gonzaga" just like he said he would. I need him to pick my lotto #'s for me. I'll never bet against him again unless it's Fedor he's fighting. Never bet against the russian experiment.

Post #11   8/26/07 2:47:46PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Randy is defintly the greatest heavyweight of all time. Period. Name one fighter who would be as good as he is at 44?

There isn't one lol I'm not a #1 Randy Couture fan, but I do root for the guy everytime he steps in the cage simply because his age, heart, and desire to fight.

Gotta love him.

Post #12   8/26/07 3:41:18PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
yeah well its hard for randy to avenge those losses when some of those guys are retired, or have been under contract in othe rorganizations for such a long time

soo your sayin hes the greatest 44 year old hw of all time, yes i agree with this but to go as far as saying hes the greatest hw out of everyone of all time is redundant

Last edited 8/26/07 4:10PM server time by The_Grim_Reaper
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   8/26/07 4:09:28PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
He's the greatest. Period.

Just like Ali was the greatest boxer. Tyson shoulda been the greatest boxer, cus he'd kick Ali's ass (two totally different time era's, it's like putting Reggie Bush in the 1950's to play football) but Ali is still known as the greatest boxer of all time.

Fedor, is probably the greatest FIGHTER of all time. But not the greatest champion of all time. That'd be Randy Couture. And I love him for it lol

Post #14   8/26/07 5:23:46PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by bls1919

We probably wont see randy again until January or later. That leaves time for big Nog to come in , and maybe fight the winer of Cro Cop/Congo. then that fighter could be in line. then there Silvia looking to return to the belt, and brandon vera is also in the mix.

P.S. Where did Jake Obrian go after he beat Heath Herring?

jake O;brien had possibly carreer ending injury, apparently he had it since college, its called STINGERS, wich fucks up you back, no word on how he is doing right now, but you can go to ufcjunkie.com, and put jake O'Brien, and it will tell you the more detailed story...

Post #15   8/26/07 6:08:11PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2