Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who's next for Randy Couture?

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Oh and anyone who thinks Tito is still a top LHW contender is living in fantasy land.

AMEN!

Post #31   8/28/07 12:43:09PM   

alvin

Learning to Sprawl

alvin Avatar

Career:14-13
Camp: Big Gay Al's Big Gay Training Camp
Chips:
bezun, is that wandy and arona in a bubble bath together?

Post #32   8/28/07 12:58:25PM   

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:
Randy is on medical suspension, so he is not fighting for at least 6 months (Broken Arm). That gives plenty of time for Fedor to be signed. CC and Vera will both win. Then the following four will be fighting for #1 contender.

1. CC
2. Vera
3. Big Nog
4. Arlovski

Possible matchups:

1. CC vs. Arlovski
2. Vera vs. Big Nog
3. CC vs. Vera
4. Big Nog vs. Arlovski
5. CC vs. Big Nog
6. Vera vs. Arlovski

The one that comes out a head will either #1 contender or fighting the winner of Fedor/Randy.

You still have the following as well:

1. Herring
2. Werdum
3. Kongo
4. Lesnar (Yes! I said it)
5. Timmy (Just 'cause)
6. Alexsander Emelinko (???)
7. Alistar Overeem (Heard is moving to HW and staying!!!)

Post #33   8/28/07 1:29:07PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
arlovksi wont fight anytime soon because of a contract dispute (he wants a lot of money for new contract, fertittas aint havin it..)

Post #34   8/28/07 1:35:30PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Big Nog should be Randy's next opponent. His only lost in a year was to Barnett and he revenged that loss already (and Barnett beat Randy you can market the fight that way). He is considered the 2nd best heavyweight in the world so I have no idea why you people think he needs another fight.

If Big Nog is Randys next test I would say (although I have been wrong the past two times) that Big Nog would pretty much be the worst match up for Randy. Great BJJ, awesome chin, and crisp good boxing skills.

Now Randy has been a bulldozer his past two fights, coming in strong and fast and not letting his opponent get in his game. His takedowns and ground and pound have been off the chain and his standup has looked awesome (espeically from the clinch). But Nog is as experienced, if not more, then Randy. We have seen him take brutal BRUTAL gnp punishment from Fedor and his standup is way better then big Tims and Gabes. When he does get takendown, or he gets the takedown, his BJJ is bar none (I know he didn't have his best performance against Heath but Heath is a tough dude).

So if this fight does take place I have Nog over Randy and this time I am positive about it. Lets pray to Satan that this fight does in fact come together cause I would love to see it.

So many people were positive that Gonzaga was going to overpower Randy and beat him senseless. Not me, I learned my lesson when he destroyed Sylvia. His age is irrelevant at this point. His abilities are undeniable. Anyone who says Big Nog is going to whip his ass after the showing that Nog had against Herring, is living in fantasy land.

No way. Nog is on a whole other level then Gonzaga and big Tim. Herring is no chump (only god knows what he was doing against O'Brian) and Nog would take it to Randy. I'm not saying it would be a down right smack down but there is no way I would pick against Nog in that match up.

Oh and anyone who thinks Tito is still a top LHW contender is living in fantasy land.

WRONG! Heath Herring is a chump and he proven it with a horrible performance against Obrian and then a shameful performance against Nog where he had the fight won but refused to go to the ground and pound Nog out. If Herring, Werdum, Nog, and CC are the only proof that the heavy weight division in pride was worth a damn and two of these guys have recent wins over Barnett, what does that say about the depth of pride's heavy weight competition. The more and more I see these guys fight, the more and more I'm convinced Pride heavy wieghts are crap. If you want to call Randy out because of his loss to Barnett, that's fine go ahead, but 1) Randy is way better than he was in 2002, and 2) Barnett was juicing.

And for all you guys that want to discount Gonzaga, thats fine but then you gotta drop your boy CC down a notch because he was schooled by Gonzaga on his feet and on the ground. And if you have to drop CC down a notch than you have to drop Nog as well because most people feel that CC is better than Nog. FACE IT PRIDE HEAVYWEIGHTS ARE OVERRATED!

As for Tito, when did I say he was a contender? He's on my Top ten list but can you name 10 fighters better than him in the UFC LHW division? You'll be hard pressed to do so.

Post #35   8/28/07 2:58:08PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
If mirko beats a sloppy kongo and gets an immediate title shot against couture dispite the fact that in his fight before he got ko'd by GG, then that is ****** up !!
At the moment, CC isnt in the top 4 for contendership. If any of you out there think he is, then that must mean that if kongo was to pull off the upset, He then would get an automatic titlle shot. That aint right is it ??
CC needs to fight the winner of sylvia/vera. And gonzaga Gets noguiera. Then the two winners square off, then that winner getys couture for the belt !!!

Post #36   8/28/07 3:36:20PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

If mirko beats a sloppy kongo and gets an immediate title shot against couture dispite the fact that in his fight before he got ko'd by GG, then that is ****** up !!
At the moment, CC isnt in the top 4 for contendership. If any of you out there think he is, then that must mean that if kongo was to pull off the upset, He then would get an automatic titlle shot. That aint right is it ??
CC needs to fight the winner of sylvia/vera. And gonzaga Gets noguiera. Then the two winners square off, then that winner getys couture for the belt !!!

Damn thats a long time to wait for a heavy weight title fight. But I agree. The only one who should get a title match any time soon is Fedor.

Post #37   8/28/07 3:42:03PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by StorminYourman

My Big Nog

i dont think big nog should get it because of his performance against herring, and it would only be his second ufc fight, in my opinion arlovski deserves it but he wont get it, maybe vera if he beats sylva (which i dont think will happen)?

how is big nog less deserving than randy was coming into the big tim fight? randy was coming off a loss at lhw and then gets a hw title shot

Post #38   8/28/07 10:16:11PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:
Because when Randy came there were no other heavy wieghts to fight Tim.

Post #39   8/28/07 11:34:02PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Big Nog should be Randy's next opponent. His only lost in a year was to Barnett and he revenged that loss already (and Barnett beat Randy you can market the fight that way). He is considered the 2nd best heavyweight in the world so I have no idea why you people think he needs another fight.

If Big Nog is Randys next test I would say (although I have been wrong the past two times) that Big Nog would pretty much be the worst match up for Randy. Great BJJ, awesome chin, and crisp good boxing skills.

Now Randy has been a bulldozer his past two fights, coming in strong and fast and not letting his opponent get in his game. His takedowns and ground and pound have been off the chain and his standup has looked awesome (espeically from the clinch). But Nog is as experienced, if not more, then Randy. We have seen him take brutal BRUTAL gnp punishment from Fedor and his standup is way better then big Tims and Gabes. When he does get takendown, or he gets the takedown, his BJJ is bar none (I know he didn't have his best performance against Heath but Heath is a tough dude).

So if this fight does take place I have Nog over Randy and this time I am positive about it. Lets pray to Satan that this fight does in fact come together cause I would love to see it.

So many people were positive that Gonzaga was going to overpower Randy and beat him senseless. Not me, I learned my lesson when he destroyed Sylvia. His age is irrelevant at this point. His abilities are undeniable. Anyone who says Big Nog is going to whip his ass after the showing that Nog had against Herring, is living in fantasy land.

No way. Nog is on a whole other level then Gonzaga and big Tim. Herring is no chump (only god knows what he was doing against O'Brian) and Nog would take it to Randy. I'm not saying it would be a down right smack down but there is no way I would pick against Nog in that match up.

WRONG! Heath Herring is a chump and he proven it with a horrible performance against Obrian and then a shameful performance against Nog where he had the fight won but refused to go to the ground and pound Nog out. If Herring, Werdum, Nog, and CC are the only proof that the heavy weight division in pride was worth a damn and two of these guys have recent wins over Barnett, what does that say about the depth of pride's heavy weight competition. The more and more I see these guys fight, the more and more I'm convinced Pride heavy wieghts are crap. If you want to call Randy out because of his loss to Barnett, that's fine go ahead, but 1) Randy is way better than he was in 2002, and 2) Barnett was juicing.

And for all you guys that want to discount Gonzaga, thats fine but then you gotta drop your boy CC down a notch because he was schooled by Gonzaga on his feet and on the ground. And if you have to drop CC down a notch than you have to drop Nog as well because most people feel that CC is better than Nog. FACE IT PRIDE HEAVYWEIGHTS ARE OVERRATED!

As for Tito, when did I say he was a contender? He's on my Top ten list but can you name 10 fighters better than him in the UFC LHW division? You'll be hard pressed to do so.

I love Couture he is my favorite fighter just below Henderson. All I'm saying is Nog deserves to fight him and Nog will beat him if they do fight. Werdum had a boring match with AA, Werdum is scared to bang and AA was scared to get taken down. Cro Cop got knocked out from one of his worst showings, he will be back mark my words. And Nog had a war with Herring, his third war with him. I don't think they are overrated at all and you saying that is very arrogant. 1) I think Barnett would still beat him today, Randy can't push him around like that, and 2) Wheter Barnett was on the juice or not he still won.

1.Henderson 2.Shogun 3.Jackson 4.Chuck 5.Silva 6.Sokoudjou 7.Arona 8.Nog 9. Nakamura 10.Sobral 11.Machida. Titos not even in my top 11 lol

Last edited 8/28/07 11:52PM server time by roman
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #40   8/28/07 11:46:06PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

I love Couture he is my favorite fighter just below Henderson. All I'm saying is Nog deserves to fight him and Nog will beat him if they do fight. Werdum had a boring match with AA, Werdum is scared to bang and AA was scared to get taken down. Cro Cop got knocked out from one of his worst showings, he will be back mark my words. And Nog had a war with Herring, his third war with him. I don't think they are overrated at all and you saying that is very arrogant. 1) I think Barnett would still beat him today, Randy can't push him around like that, and 2) Wheter Barnett was on the juice or not he still won.

1.Henderson 2.Shogun 3.Jackson 4.Chuck 5.Silva 6.Sokoudjou 7.Arona 8.Nog 9. Nakamura 10.Sobral 11.Machida. Titos not even in my top 11 lol

Yeah too bad I said name 10 in the UFC and Nakamura and Machida better than Tito... HAHAHA! I bet Tito would beat 5-11 with ease.

Post #41   8/29/07 12:14:59AM   

duniek1

Banned

Career:183-123
Chips:
I do not agrre that BiG Nog should or even deserve a title shot right now. He won with Herring just because Herring refused to win ... CC ? After a knock out like that?? Please. Maybe winner of Arlovski / BIG NOG or Vera / Sylvia but none of those guyes as their next fight. CC in my opinion should climb back up before being considered a contender , Kongo ? Who is it :))) But that's just my opinion.
P.s. I am not trying to take anything from C. KOngo , but he hasn't had a winning streak to go for a crown just yet.

Post #42   8/29/07 7:12:37PM   

ButterBalls

Jiu-Jistu Bean

ButterBalls Avatar

Career:265-159
Chips:
Josh Barnett should have the next shot at Randy. His last fight in the UFC was against Randy, and he beat him. By all rights he should without a doubt be the #1 contender as he never actually lost the belt.
After he wins, we can all finally see Barnett vs. Fedor. Dana should have been able to sign the Russian by then.

/endthread

Last edited 8/30/07 12:41AM server time by butterballs
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #43   8/30/07 12:34:43AM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
If randy's next defense happens this year, (although i seriously doubt it) i think Nogueira is all they got at the moment. However, Nogueira put on a crappy performance against herring. Looks like the cage or/and rule changes are really proving to be a downfall for the PRIDE heavyweights. However, if randy's next defense is next year, I hope Vera beats the crap out of Big Tim and goes on to face randy next year.

Post #44   8/30/07 7:18:04AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Posted by nubby

Posted by roman

Yeah too bad I said name 10 in the UFC and Nakamura and Machida better than Tito... HAHAHA! I bet Tito would beat 5-11 with ease.

Are you serious??!! Tito's having enough problems with Rashad. Get real man, Tito would beat 5-11 WITH EASE!!!!???? With ease?? Get back on your meds man, and if you're not on them, then you need to be. Although, I don't know if crazy pills would even be enough for someone making a comment such as that. Rashad wasn't even ranked in dudes' top 11 and Tito had a hard time w/him. Granted, he would've won without the point deduction (which was completely his fault and he should've known better), but he certainly wasn't doing it with ease. As a matter of fact, it looked like he was having a hard time, and even though his conditining is supposed to be "through the roof," it looked like he was gassed. Tito ISN'T in the top ten LHW's....Not anymore. If he regained the old fire he might get back in the top ten, but he'll never be in the top five again. Ever....Too many great fighters, and even though he's still decently young, more up-and-coming fighters will continue to be better and better athletes and mixed-martial-artists then the previous generations.

Post #45   8/30/07 11:16:50AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4