Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bigger Challenge Could Await Couture

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
LAS VEGAS - Another mixed martial arts heavyweight is stealing some of the spotlight from Saturday night's title fight between champion Randy Couture and challenger Gabriel Gonzaga on the "UFC 74: Respect pay-per-view show."

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/24/07 5:08:15PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Lesnar vs Couture? Couture already took down a giant in Tim Sylvia, but Brock Lesnar is a whole different kind of animal. If they do fight, I don't see it going good for Couture. Lesnar is just so strong its not even fair. And even if Couture can take him down, I think Lesnar can just use his wrestling to overpower Couture and get back in a good position.

Post #2   8/24/07 5:19:01PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Lesnar vs Couture? Couture already took down a giant in Tim Sylvia, but Brock Lesnar is a whole different kind of animal. If they do fight, I don't see it going good for Couture. Lesnar is just so strong its not even fair. And even if Couture can take him down, I think Lesnar can just use his wrestling to overpower Couture and get back in a good position.

are you kidding me????? couture has fought the likes of Chuck Liddell, Tim Sylvia, Kevin Randleman, Maurice Smith, Tito Ortiz and has trained with Dan Henderson, MAtt Lindland, and the more impressive version of Brock Lesnar RULON GARDENER!!!! randy knows exactly what to expect hes trained a bigger and better wrestler in Rulon......who has lesnar fought The Rock...HHH???

Post #3   8/24/07 7:03:47PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by DMcCabe11

are you kidding me????? couture has fought the likes of Chuck Liddell, Tim Sylvia, Kevin Randleman, Maurice Smith, Tito Ortiz and has trained with Dan Henderson, MAtt Lindland, and the more impressive version of Brock Lesnar RULON GARDENER!!!! randy knows exactly what to expect hes trained a bigger and better wrestler in Rulon......who has lesnar fought The Rock...HHH???

I don't know if you've ever seen Brock Lesnar, but he's huge. People are talking about how Gonzaga's size/strength over Couture could be a factor, but Lesnar is probably stronger then anyone in the UFC right now. Lesnar is a beast, and if he fights Couture, I don't think Couture would be able to do it. But that is just my opinion.

Post #4   8/24/07 7:23:20PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,416-941
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
Is this a ******* joke? Couture would absolutely destroy Lesnar. It wouldn't even be close.

Post #5   8/24/07 7:25:11PM   

patdaddy

Banned

Career:43-36
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Is this a ******* joke? Couture would absolutely destroy Lesnar. It wouldn't even be close.

I AGREE!!!!

Post #6   8/24/07 7:30:37PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
Why would Brock even get this fight out side of his wwe status he is a no one.

Post #7   8/24/07 7:37:57PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
If brock trained really hard, I could see him beating Couture, only thing couture would have is more experience.

Post #8   8/24/07 8:34:17PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Well damn if all it takes is making some noise... I want a crack at Couture as well for bunches of money. Lesnar only has one more MMA win than I do, but we're both undefeated.
All this guy mentions is how strong he is. B.F.D. How about we let Jesse Marunde or Phil Pfister fight in the UFC as well? As '05 runner up and '06 winner of the WSM competitions, respectively, they're really strong too.
With all the great match-ups happening tomorrow, what they mean to the HW and WW championship picture and THIS is the shit that sports writers want to write about? I feel nauseous now.

-OUT-

Post #9   8/24/07 8:45:00PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

I don't know if you've ever seen Brock Lesnar, but he's huge. People are talking about how Gonzaga's size/strength over Couture could be a factor, but Lesnar is probably stronger then anyone in the UFC right now. Lesnar is a beast, and if he fights Couture, I don't think Couture would be able to do it. But that is just my opinion.

have you ever seen ricco rodriguez, josh barnett, tim sylvia, or rulon gardener the first two are pretty much the same size as brock and gardener is two of brock put together and tim syvlia is 6'8 and carries dynamite brocks a joke and so is ur opinion brock isnt a beast he's a mess

Post #10   8/24/07 8:57:49PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Once again, Lesnar's credentials that he claims are ridiculous. He has about the same experience as Mark Coleman, Dan Henderson, and Josh Koscheck. He could no doubt be a top 10 fighter, but never break top 5. He thinks his fake entertainment wrestling belts matter. They don't other than they give you some credit in being able to take damage.

I think Couture would have a huge problem with his weight, BUT.. and this is a huge BUT.. Randy has only lost to big guys because they were able to use their body control skills on him to submit him. Lesnar doesn't have submission skills. So, I think Randy would dismantle him in a matchup right away.

Post #11   8/24/07 9:35:51PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
Lesnar's this Lesnar's that, this guy need to stfu, and why is he trying to get a fight with a 44year old man? go fight CC and when you wake up then try to fight the champ

Post #12   8/24/07 10:48:13PM   

BoricuaKO

Learning to Sprawl

Career:198-121
Chips:
OK i agree that Couture will, like always, bring a game plan and hopefully win, but u have to see the facts, Lesnar was a Division I wrestler he was the best there was period, critics say he has adapted a lot to MMA, still doesn't convince me but hey i say Lesnar has a better chance of beating Randy than Tim Sylvia does thats for sure

Post #13   8/25/07 2:12:15AM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
People get off Brock Lesnar's nuts. Jesus christ.

Post #14   8/25/07 7:53:58AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I wouldn't even consider brock being a possiblitly for a fight again couture yet. But I do have to say that with his freakish strength and his great wrestling ability he would have a great chance against Randy. I don't like brock. But randy definitly wouldn't be able to get brock in the clench. and Brock would probably take randy down pretty easily (since he's so much bigger). As much as I don't want to say it, Brock would probably win. But I would hope Randy would catch brock in the first 10 seconds like he did with Sylvia, however I would want randy to finish him right then.

Post #15   8/25/07 9:47:05AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2