Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar to Appear at UFC 74?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
Randy Couture, BEWARE

I hope this happens, UFC needs Lesnar.

Post #1   8/24/07 4:50:04PM   

Buddharox

MMA Regular

Buddharox Avatar

Career:207-123
Chips:
I never understood the Lesnar hype. He's had 1 MMA fight and thinks he can call out champions? Dude's in for a rude awakening.

Post #2   8/24/07 4:58:18PM   

gspgnp

MMA Regular

gspgnp Avatar

Career:212-117
Chips:

The guy he beat had like a 2-6 record. Give me a break.
I hope the UFC doesn't sign him, or if he shows up, they better not give him any camera time or a mic, this is not the WWF!

Post #3   8/24/07 5:08:26PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Doesn't sound like he's changed the planet he's on to me. From everything I've heard he still sounds like he wants to jump immediately into a title contention slot. I'm sorry, it just doesn't happen.

Post #4   8/24/07 5:19:49PM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:
Someone needs to tell Lesnar that Vince isn't backstage writing the outcomes of these fights.... you don't get to the top of the ladder in this game by giving a contreversial interview.

You get to the top by whipping ass for a couple years and earning your shot.

Lesnar might get there someday but he's got to get in line.

Post #5   8/24/07 5:33:22PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i agree.. he shouldnt be calling out champs.. but if he wouldnt have gone in wwe... he'd be the man.. or have been up there before or .. soemthing.. he's an outstanding wrestler... but the only other wwe guy i would see doing better is kurt angle... he would smoke lesnar at wrestling and he'd be the best wrestler to ever compete in mma...

Post #6   8/24/07 5:54:49PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I don' tknow what Angle's deal is. He definitely should compete. I saw something a while back that was an article on Angle ducking Fedor. I guess Fedor's camp had offered a fight with decent money and Angle's answer was nothing short of "That guy is an animal! There's no way I'd fight him"

I don't think Angle likes the striking

Post #7   8/24/07 6:14:51PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Im pretty sure Angle hates striking...and not making excuses for the guy but his neck injuries and years in pro wrestling probably have worn him out to much to be to competitive in MMA.

All of this Lesnar talk is crazy lately. I think Dana should sign him to a one or two fight deal...I think he will lose badly if he wants to fight the guys he thinks he can hang with. But if he doesnt sign he needs to stop talking about it and so do the MMA fans cause for all we know he may never get a chance in the octagon.

And if I were Tim Sylvia I would just laugh at the comments he made and beg for a fight cause Tim would knock his ass out. Im not a Tim fan, but there is a reason he has only lost three times in his career.

Post #8   8/24/07 6:45:33PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Randy Couture, BEWARE

I hope this happens, UFC needs Lesnar.

are you kidding what do we need lesnar for to clean toilets.....the only reason we would need brock lesnar is for a punching bag for tim sylvia which is just what he is

Post #9   8/24/07 7:07:20PM   

grits207

Learning to Sprawl

grits207 Avatar

Career:1,353-777
Chips:
Lesnar needs to first worry about beating a fighter with atleast a .500 record before challenging Couture.

Post #10   8/24/07 8:37:31PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I don' tknow what Angle's deal is. He definitely should compete. I saw something a while back that was an article on Angle ducking Fedor. I guess Fedor's camp had offered a fight with decent money and Angle's answer was nothing short of "That guy is an animal! There's no way I'd fight him"

Are you sure that wasn't an article about Rulon Gardner? It sounds too much like one I read to be different.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #11   8/25/07 1:25:24AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Jackelope

Are you sure that wasn't an article about Rulon Gardner? It sounds too much like one I read to be different.

Yes, as far as I know it's Rulon mate.

People shouldn't discredit Lesnar just yet nor should they overhype him based on a sucessful run in the WWE (lol), simply treat him as an up and coming fighter with decent credentials and a good training backround, with the potential to be a star.

Let him chat shite all he likes about what he can do and what he can't, he has earn't his platform to be able to preach from, he still needs to beat some competition before he can be taken seriously.

So let's just wait and see what happens. He looked OK in his first fight.

Post #12   8/25/07 8:04:57AM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
this guy has an asweme backround somewhat like KOS so what make people think he cant be good he is a man beast with 1 mma fight just imagine his slams wow I would love to see this guy in the UFC to see what he has it would bring a big named new fighter to the sport and it seems like everyone wants to see him fight so he playing his cards right to get in to the UFC

I give props to Lesnar for getting everyone attention

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #13   8/25/07 9:59:17AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Yeah the reason Angle didn't do MMA was because...

1. Pro wrestling gives you more money and plus UFC wasn't that big in the public eye around 1994 and 95
2. He broke his nekc and still won the olympic gold medal and his neck and a major reason because you're nekc is probably still sore if if its healed 99 percent after your breka it some one tight guilltine or chokehold and put on by a perosn whos agresisve and has anger or emotion issues, there goes his neck...

Lesner would be the greatest if he started mma beofr ehe did wrestling. He should have done what I heard tito might be doing. Wrestle for TNA after you have a long MMA career...

Lesners strong and will outwrestle or overpoiwer most men but his stand up probably lacks and he'll probbably be the UFC's new and improve Mark Coleman or Kevin Randalman....

Strong, explosive, but probably has a shitty JJ game and will be submitted by the smarter skiilled guy..

Post #14   8/25/07 12:11:07PM   

Cladrix

Standup Guy

Cladrix Avatar

Career:538-332
Chips:
I hope he does show up so he be scared senseless and retire from MMA........

One fight doesnt give you bragging rights.

Does anyone remember when he was in WWF and he did a backflip off the top ropes and landed on his neck and I think broke it too...... Not to be mean but that was just hillarious.

Post #15   8/25/07 12:42:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2