Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White: If Found Guilty, Sean Sherk Will Be Stripped of Title

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
If Sean Sherk’s appeal of a failed UFC 73 drug test is denied by the California State Athletic Commission, UFC President Dana White says he will strip the UFC lightweight champion of his belt.

LINK

Post #1   8/24/07 9:58:45AM   

patdaddy

Banned

Career:43-36
Chips:
good.. i believe if u do the steriods, u deserve nothing. that is completely CHEATING IMO....

Post #2   8/24/07 12:58:38PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
IMHO Dana should have stripped his title already. This is an embarrassment for the entire sport.

Post #3   8/24/07 1:02:05PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
This is a no brainer. You can't have a belt sit around for a year, held by a champ guilty of steroids.

Post #4   8/24/07 1:31:08PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

IMHO Dana should have stripped his title already. This is an embarrassment for the entire sport.

I have to disagree on both issues. I think Dana White is wise to wait until the appeals process has been resolved and there is an "official" ruling by the CSAC. Even if proven to be caused by his supplements, Sherk still violated regulations and in all likelihood will lose his appeal. Then by all means, strip him.

For more info. http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/about/faqs.htm

I don't feel this is an embarassment. It's become a reality for many professional sports and I think its a matter of drug/supplement research being able to keep up with beuracracy, which is quite broad at this point. Even the use of asthma meds will result in a positive test and if CSAC isnt notified prior to the fight, you are still in violation or the regulations.
What I find embarassing is fighters destroying a house, urinating on pillows, unbecoming behavior for the prospect of more air-time, and Andy Wang crying.

-OUT-

Post #5   8/24/07 2:59:19PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:
Well, technically, Sherk has been found guilty. His A and B samples tested positive for nandralone. At that point, he was declared to be guilty of using steroids. By appealing, he is trying to overturn that ruling.

I'm just nitpicking, don't mind me.

Post #6   8/24/07 3:14:17PM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
It's no news. Dana said it many times... If someone is found guilty - he will have to endure all the consequences and will not get any money from the UFC besides the numbers in the contract. I think the bigger part of the paycheck are 'bonuses' and so on...
The thing about Sherk is that he had very low levels of the nadro-bla-bla and he says, he didn't do it. We'll wait and see what's the final decision of the NSAC...

I personally hope he gets stripped because i don't really like him :P

Post #7   8/24/07 3:43:35PM   

KissMyBallz

MMA Regular

KissMyBallz Avatar

Career:7-7
Chips:
Good.

I mean how much of a no brainer is it that a 155 lber looks 190 walking around with his trapezius 3 times bigger than his head?

Post #8   8/24/07 7:47:34PM