Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

discussion: whats next for babalu?

Print  
Posted By Message

blood_and_fire

Learning to Sprawl

blood_and_fire Avatar

Career:432-286
Chips:
He looked horrible in his re-match with chuck..Had a good stack of wins going into it.

With what happend in his last fight, you think he's got much more of a future in the division?

He's facing lambert in march, possibly a dark bout, depending if he gets past him who would you want to see him face next?

ortiz
bisping
griffin
evans
machida(if he gets past hoger)?

The guy's 31 and usually puts on good shows.

it would suck for the ufc to let him go..

Post #1   2/3/07 5:58:50AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by blood_and_fire

He looked horrible in his re-match with chuck..Had a good stack of wins going into it.

With what happend in his last fight, you think he's got much more of a future in the division?

He's facing lambert in march, possibly a dark bout, depending if he gets past him who would you want to see him face next?

ortiz
bisping
griffin
evans
machida(if he gets past hoger)?

The guy's 31 and usually puts on good shows.

it would suck for the ufc to let him go..

IMO there is no way that will be a dark bout. He's still a top 10 LHVY and the UFC isn't about to let anyone of that level go now that they have the money. I think ,if he beats Lambert, he'll face Rashad or Jardine. If it were my choice I'd make Lutter go to 205 for his next fight and fight Babalu. Hopefully Lutter would be punished for his weigh-In mistake. They could also headline a PPV with Babalu vs Tito, it would sell.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/3/07 6:09:47AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Babalu / Titio would be a good fight, but it wouldn't really mean anything for the LHW division, they should have one of their top LHW's (Ortiz Sobral) fight an up-and-comer, IMO, to keep some interest in the LHW's. That and the young guys need the experience if they want to develope someone to stand a chance against Chuck...

But I guess, if you're just trying to sell tickets, Babalu / Tito and maybe a Forrest / Evans and/or Jardine / Bisbing would sell like hotcakes, I'd sure watch it, but I think it would mean less for the division.

By the way I think Jardine / Bisbing would be a great fight.

Post #3   2/3/07 1:55:29PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Sorry I got off topic... I think Babalu should fight Jardine.

After that, win or lose, Evans... After Rashad fights Forrest or Machida (depending on how he pans out)

I'd also like him to fight Machida at some point.

Post #4   2/3/07 2:01:20PM   

ElGuApO91

MMA Regular

ElGuApO91 Avatar

Career:14-4
Camp: El Guapo
Chips:
i thought his striking looked decent against chuck until he chased after him stupidly. but i would like to see him fight tito it would be interesting

Post #5   2/3/07 3:19:49PM   

corpsegrinder

Learning to Sprawl

corpsegrinder Avatar

Career:243-160
Chips:
He could have some exciting fights at heavyweight also

Post #6   2/3/07 4:35:57PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by corpsegrinder

He could have some exciting fights at heavyweight also

That's a good pointg . he used to be a HVY, and the division lacks more contender's

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/3/07 8:02:18PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
As long as Chuck is champ Babalu is destined to fight others who have dropped out of title contention. It wouldn't make any sense to have him derail any potential up and comers (Bisping and Evans).

Ortiz would be a good opponent as they are in the same boat. Loser falls into relative obscurity. Same goes for Randy... if he gets KOd by Tim and moves back to 205.

Last edited 2/3/07 9:11PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/3/07 9:10:33PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
Personally, I'd like to see a crossover rematch w/ Shogun.

Post #9   2/3/07 9:12:12PM   

hipster_doofus

Learning to Sprawl

hipster_doofus Avatar

Career:195-100
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
agreed. babalu vs tito would be interesting, but it would not put any effort into building any of the up and coming LHWs. ufc shoudl really throw jardine or evans in there to see what they're made of. rashad has said has that if the choice were his, he would rather wait and get more experience before a title shot. i can't remember what it was jardine said on the matter after he defeated griffin. jardine seems like he would be more game so i think i would pit him against either babalu or tito to give the fans a better idea of where he is at. because if you think about it, if he loses to tito he can still fight babalu and vice versa. in the interim maybe ufc can make some other acquisitions at 205.

bisping / evans would be a great main event for a ufc fight night.

great minds...

Post #10   2/4/07 2:29:59AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Lambert is a good fight for him . Simply cuz he will dominate. After that Babalu should fight a Tuf 205 er. Maybe Jardine. They dont want to hurt Bispings or Rashads perfect records. I hope Babalu gets a title shot once chuck retires.

Post #11   2/4/07 10:35:53AM