Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Lutter 2nd weigh in pic. He looks like Ghandi

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
http://www.sherdog.com/_images/pictures/40/40127.jpg

Just copied this from Sherdog. Seriously either a pissed off holocaust survivor or hunger strike enthusiast

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/3/07 4:53AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #1   2/3/07 4:52:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Or maybe a mummy without the bandages. Wow, I wasn't giving him much of a chance BEFORE the weigh-in, but now I can't see him lasting more than a round or two before being too gassed to move.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #2   2/3/07 4:57:31AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
When Silva secures his clinch those ears are going to rip right off.

Post #3   2/3/07 5:05:27AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
damn dude...i feel sorry for him now.....that desperate to lose 2 Lbs.....he actually thought he had 2 Lbs of hair on his head...

poor dude.....he f*%ked up...

Post #4   2/3/07 5:15:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Kind of a stupid idea, but I wonder if you could put two pints of blood into a sterile blood bag, do the weight in, and then have them put the two pints of blood back? Most people can still function short a pint or two, so it could be a sketchy way to drop extra weight.

I can't possibly be the first dude to think of this though.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #5   2/3/07 5:20:10AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Kind of a stupid idea, but I wonder if you could put two pints of blood into a sterile blood bag, do the weight in, and then have them put the two pints of blood back? Most people can still function short a pint or two, so it could be a sketchy way to drop extra weight.

I can't possibly be the first dude to think of this though.

Back when I played football guys would pull out a pint and refrigerate it. Then when scouts came to test them they would put it back in. I Honestly don't know if it worked, but they claimed the extra blood made them faster for a short period of time.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   2/3/07 5:32:13AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Yeah, blood doping. Thats what all those Tour De France guys keep being accused of.

I'm talking about doing it to make weight though. A pint of blood has to weigh a pound anyways.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #7   2/3/07 5:51:07AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
good post. should put a before and after shot of them side by side

Post #8   2/3/07 5:57:30AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, blood doping. Thats what all those Tour De France guys keep being accused of.

I'm talking about doing it to make weight though. A pint of blood has to weigh a pound anyways.

I know what you meant. I was just pointing out an example of the things athletes sometimes do to get ahead. I'll specify or explain next time, sorry. I thought blood doping was when you injected a hormone that increased your red blood cell count( giving you more oxygen to the muscles) . One of my former Power lifting training partner's still competes in SoCal strongman show's, and I thought he thought thats what he told me he does anyway.

The Iron Code

Post #9   2/3/07 6:24:39AM   

shs1488pt

Learning to Sprawl

shs1488pt Avatar

Career:18-18
Chips:
Blood Doping is when you train at high altitude for some time and you get physiologic adaptations (increase of red blood cells without any doping substance among others) them you take some of your blood (the one rich in red blood cells) and when you are competing you put back that blood that gives you a boost because now theres plenty of oxigen (compared it high altitude)!

That's blood doping but now its detect on anti-doping test!

Sorry about english but i'm Portuguese, hope you understand it!

Post #10   2/3/07 8:21:47AM   

stroff

Learning to Sprawl

stroff Avatar

Career:178-131
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
the blood thing,, is dumb,,if he did that ,,he's a RETARD,,I don't think he did,,thats not really going to work for this kind of sport...I still think lutter is going to win !

"Blood doping" refers to any illicit method of boosting an athlete's red blood-cell supply in advance of competition. The typical adult male's hematocrit—the percentage of his blood that is composed of red blood cells—hovers around 45. Since red blood cells carry oxygen through the bloodstream, increasing the number of them allows an athlete's blood to deliver oxygen to muscles more efficiently, reducing fatigue and giving the athlete an edge. Endurance athletes often train at high altitude for precisely this reason. The lower air pressure and diminished atmospheric oxygen at altitude spur the body to generate extra red blood cells, and can bump the hematocrit up two or three (non-illicit) percentage points.

Athletes can get a bigger—and illegal—boost by injecting themselves with erythropoietin (EPO), a hormone that stimulates RBC production. A urine test for artificial EPO was introduced in 1997, but it's not foolproof; while testable traces of artificial EPO disappear from an athlete's body within four days, the hormone's effects are strongest three weeks after injection.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamilton is suspected of using a different method of blood doping, one that requires no hormones; instead, concentrated red blood cells are transfused directly into the bloodstream a week or less before competition. For reasons of convenience and safety, autologous transfusions, in which the cells are the athlete's own, are reportedly far more common than homologous transfusions, in which the cells belong to someone else with compatible blood. Typically, an athlete has up to four units of blood removed a month or more before competition. Technicians then use a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells from this sample; the RBCs are placed in cold storage, only to be reinfused shortly before the big race. (The athlete may even use EPO months before an event to boost the number of RBCs in the units of blood that get removed; the EPO will be undetectable by race day.)

Last edited 2/3/07 6:02PM server time by stroff

Post #11   2/3/07 5:53:59PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Well, I guess we were all sort of right . Thanks for clearing that up. Anyway, I wonder how badly this will affect Lutter by fightime. As unhappy as I am with him not making weight, I would much rather have him come in 100% , to have the best fight possible.

The Iron Code

Post #12   2/3/07 7:14:03PM   

MrGreeny

MMA Regular

MrGreeny Avatar

Career:511-324
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:
Travis really looks kinda funny like that...
It's very sad that he didn't make the weight :/ About the hair...
Fighters think every single hair can make a difference but i 'm not shure if this really works and still laugh when they strip and raise their hands up....
Do your pants weigh 1/2 pound? :)

Btw... This is a picture from his first weight - in... The second was at the side of the octagon... I watched the video on ufc.com...

Last edited 2/3/07 7:33PM server time by CtOlaf

Post #13   2/3/07 7:30:23PM   

Reignofterror

MMA Regular

Reignofterror Avatar

Career:61-30
Chips:
Trying to make yourself look like Anderson Silva isnt going to help you beat him...

Post #14   2/3/07 8:29:28PM   

hipster_doofus

Learning to Sprawl

hipster_doofus Avatar

Career:195-100
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I KNEW IT! travis lutter is a jedi master...

Post #15   2/4/07 2:41:03AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2