Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar... Shut the Hell Up!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I was hoping I would never have to hear about Brock Lesnar again after news surfaced that he was dealing with pro wrestling agents after the MMA bout he had with Min Soo Kim on June 2nd at the K-1 Dynamite Show. But.. Brock just couldn't help himself.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/23/07 5:05:08PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Crap article. Sorry.

Post #2   8/23/07 5:18:03PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i say sign brock to a 1 fight duel so he can get his ass kicked,then maybe he will shut his dam mouth

Post #3   8/23/07 5:25:04PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I thought this was a "MMA News Share Forum".

Could somebody explain to me how that personal attack on Brock Lesnar qualifies as a news article?

Post #4   8/23/07 5:28:22PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Again not a fan of Lesnar (in fact I didn't know the guy until recently), but that so called MMA analyst didn't really show me he/she knew much about MMA.

Your pure strength may actually beat him, and Gonzaga, until he proves his ju-jitsu is for real, may not stand a chance

Two things wrong with this statement. Can you guess what they are? Any person that watches MMA/ADCC outside of the UFC knows Gonzaga has good BJJ at the very least. I've seen him hold his own against Arona.

Second, saying the Lesnar knows nothing an then saying that Gonzaga might not stand a chance against him. Well, that statement is a slap in the face to the UFC, Courture and any fighter Gonzaga has beaten.

I see Lesnar being another Mark Kerr. He may be able to stomp the crap out of a lot of guys, but people are going to start figuring out that hitting you in the face is the way to beat you. I think it'll be quicker than Kerr though. Kerr went for years without dealing with huge competition.

Pretty much every fighter that has been around long enough will get figured out. Singling out Kerr really doesn't help the arguement. Kerr was a strong wrestler/submission guy and I think his decline had to do more with other factors (outside of the ring) and age.

It's ridiculous how much non-factual crap comes out of this guy's mouth.

Look in the mirror buddy. You missed a lot of facts in your statements. I'm not the only one to notice this. There's a commentor that noticed the same thing.

Post #5   8/23/07 5:29:58PM   

patdaddy

Banned

Career:43-36
Chips:
im not a fan of his either, but id like to see him fight a couple more to see what he really has or doesnt have... i mean, i think we should give the guy some time to see if he is good or not... he jus needs to run his mouth a lil less in the process...

Post #6   8/23/07 5:50:03PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
I don't like guys that talk a lot of shit and hype. But I think Lesnar would be a beast in MMA. I'm not saying he deserves a title shot, but I do think he should get signed. He didn't just take Min Soo Kim (although he's not a great one to test your meetle) he took him down and ground and pounded the shit out of him. I don't think there is anyone who is stronger then him in the heavyweight division so if he has a chin and good bjj defense I think he would be a force to reckon with.

Post #7   8/23/07 6:07:28PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Crap article. Sorry.

No need to apologize. I didn't write it, only posted it.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #8   8/23/07 6:20:02PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

I thought this was a "MMA News Share Forum".

Could somebody explain to me how that personal attack on Brock Lesnar qualifies as a news article?

This is news. Brock talked alot of smack about fighters yesterday and now someone responded to it. In the thread where Brock talked his smack, 52 people responded and with over a thousand views. In this thread here, 7 people responded with 93 views.

Sorry bro if you don't like this article or thread. I just find MMA related articles and post them.

Post #9   8/23/07 6:25:23PM   

patdaddy

Banned

Career:43-36
Chips:

Posted by roman

I don't like guys that talk a lot of shit and hype. But I think Lesnar would be a beast in MMA. I'm not saying he deserves a title shot, but I do think he should get signed. He didn't just take Min Soo Kim (although he's not a great one to test your meetle) he took him down and ground and pounded the shit out of him. I don't think there is anyone who is stronger then him in the heavyweight division so if he has a chin and good bjj defense I think he would be a force to reckon with.

I AGREE!

Post #10   8/23/07 6:42:41PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I think this was a very interesting post, yeah its not really news, but I read the Brock Lesner interview yesterday and laughed my ass off, this article just voiced what we all thought. Thanks keep up the good work.

Post #11   8/23/07 7:01:52PM   

tommyprairie

MMA Regular

tommyprairie Avatar

Career:418-239
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Should Brock be allowed in the UFC? First off, I have never been a Lesnar fan, even from his college wrestler days. By brining him in, I think it would be doing the opposite of legitimizing the sport by making ridiculous claims and treating it like the WWE or F or whatever it is these days. The UFC is not about talking the talk; it is about walking the walk.

Also, the UFC is a respectable way to show off all forms of martial arts and to be respectful in wins and losses. Like BJ and Jens or Shamrock vs. Tito (shocked I am using these two here), after their rivalry they were respectful after the fight. Brock is just running his mouth. He is all bout getting his name out there and making fat cash. I think it would be great TV to see him fight another big name, but is it where the sport wants to head? Or do we want to showcase the best fighters in the world to show off the beauty of their combination of the arts. I guess we will have to see if Dana eliminates BS from the UFC like he said after the patio fight on season 5, or if he wants cash and ratings?

Personally I would love to see someone shut him up and a few boxers that do not realize fighters that are not well rounded are going to look like the Dinosaurs from early UFCs.

-My two cents

Post #12   8/23/07 7:29:39PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Yeah, pretty crappy article but I do think Lesnar should shut up. Real fighters do their "talking" inside the ring/cage.

Post #13   8/23/07 8:38:52PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Again not a fan of Lesnar (in fact I didn't know the guy until recently), but that so called MMA analyst didn't really show me he/she knew much about MMA.

Your pure strength may actually beat him, and Gonzaga, until he proves his ju-jitsu is for real, may not stand a chance

Two things wrong with this statement. Can you guess what they are? Any person that watches MMA/ADCC outside of the UFC knows Gonzaga has good BJJ at the very least. I've seen him hold his own against Arona.

Second, saying the Lesnar knows nothing an then saying that Gonzaga might not stand a chance against him. Well, that statement is a slap in the face to the UFC, Courture and any fighter Gonzaga has beaten.

I see Lesnar being another Mark Kerr. He may be able to stomp the crap out of a lot of guys, but people are going to start figuring out that hitting you in the face is the way to beat you. I think it'll be quicker than Kerr though. Kerr went for years without dealing with huge competition.

Pretty much every fighter that has been around long enough will get figured out. Singling out Kerr really doesn't help the arguement. Kerr was a strong wrestler/submission guy and I think his decline had to do more with other factors (outside of the ring) and age.

It's ridiculous how much non-factual crap comes out of this guy's mouth.

Look in the mirror buddy. You missed a lot of facts in your statements. I'm not the only one to notice this. There's a commentor that noticed the same thing.

Pretty weak rebuttal. You can't rebut with the fact that Gonzaga holds his own with his ju-jitsu in a grappling tournament against Arona. Arona is nowhere near the size or weight or power that Lesnar is, hence, why the statement is worded with the pure strength piece. If Gonzaga can flat out submit a great wrestler like Randy, I'd be convinced he could beat Lesnar. That's my take.

The statement has bad wording, but I believe the issue in the article when it is said that Lesnar could do well is his strength. I'm no expert on this guy's strength, but apparently it's ridiculous. But Lesnar doesn't know any type of ground art, but wrestling, which isn't bad, but it doesn't get you to the top in MMA these days. You have to at least learn some type of ju-jitsu or form that will at least keep you defensive against catch wrestling or ju-jitsu. With pure strength, he could just maul Gonzaga with his size and crush him with his power. It's possible, completely.

Also, Mark Kerr has openly admitted that when people started straight pounding him in the face, the game changed for him, and so did his career. That's where that line comes from. I've heard a lot of interviews and things pointed to the fact Kerr became very worried about his health, mainly his brain when he started taking some huge blows. Fact is, early fights, he was so freaking massive, people couldn't reach his head, let alone get near him because he was so massive and obviously his MMA skills and wrestling were prime at that point in time.

The ridiculous non-factual crap... Lesnar's claims that his wrestling credentials exceed those of ANYBODY in MMA. That's the bad facts he's giving. Come on, Coleman, Koscheck, Henderson, the list goes on of guys who accomplished a lot more than Lesnar ever did. And none of them have entertainment only wrestling belts.

Last edited 8/23/07 9:47PM server time by LR
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   8/23/07 9:45:44PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Crap article. Sorry.

I don't know if that was an article or a forum post.

Post #15   8/23/07 9:57:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2