Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

siliva vs lutter question

Print  
Posted By Message

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
What will happen if lutter does pull off the upset??? Will they fight again for the title.

Or will they pretend it never happened. Wonder why they won't allow the champ to decide if it's title or non title.

Post #1   2/3/07 1:14:47AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by shackle

What will happen if lutter does pull off the upset??? Will they fight again for the title.

Or will they pretend it never happened. Wonder why they won't allow the champ to decide if it's title or non title.

I dought they will give him a title shot straight out,even if he beats him....he will prolly have to go thru 2-3 top contenders even if he wins

not making weight twice is a big blow to him too

Post #2   2/3/07 1:29:24AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
it doesn't matter what happens cause he won't make weight for his next fight anyway. he should get a shot at the "i don't give a crap about my career" belt.

Post #3   2/3/07 2:17:20AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
the champ doesnt get to decide whether its a title fight or not, its the states athletic commission that puts that rule in place. you have to make weight for it to be a title fight. if you dont, you can still fight, but it cannot be for the title.

Post #4   2/3/07 2:31:29AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by JunCTion

it doesn't matter what happens cause he won't make weight for his next fight anyway. he should get a shot at the "i don't give a crap about my career" belt.

I don't think thats the case. I think he should invest in a nutritionist like Joe Riggs does.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   2/3/07 3:43:30AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:
yep...thats what happens when you think you can do it all solo

Post #6   2/3/07 3:54:58AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by shackle

"If" he wins, and it's a big if, I think they would give him an immediate rematch because they could sell it to the casual fan easily.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/3/07 3:59:13AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by shackle

"If" he wins, and it's a big if, I think they would give him an immediate rematch because they could sell it to the casual fan easily.

you think a Lutter/Silva rematch would sell more then a Franklin/Silva 2?

the only reason Lutter is even getting a shot was for the sorry reason for a TUF 4 show...(which was the worst TUF of all).....

Sure,he might have the style to beat Silva,but he may not have the style to beat other Middleweight contenders who want a shot at the title too....Franklin,Loiseau,Swick,Leben,Mcdonald

Lutter f*%ked up....if he wants a shot at the title again he needs to work his way up from scratch...even if he wins...

i also think Lutter has a much better shot at winning now that its a 3 round fight....we all know Lutter's cardio is not good enough for a 5 round war...3 rounds is a much greater chance of him pulling off a decision win LnP style if he cant get a sub.

Last edited 2/3/07 4:20AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/3/07 4:16:53AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by shackle

you think a Lutter/Silva rematch would sell more then a Franklin/Silva 2?

the only reason Lutter is even getting a shot was for the sorry reason for a TUF 4 show...(which was the worst TUF of all).....

Sure,he might have the style to beat Silva,but he may not have the style to beat other Middleweight contenders who want a shot at the title too....Franklin,Loiseau,Swick,Leben,Mcdonald

Lutter f*%ked up....if he wants a shot at the title again he needs to work his way up from scratch...even if he wins

I didn't say he was more deserving, I said they could sell it to the casual fan.As for Franklin, I agree it would sell more, but from a purely business standpoint they could sell both fight's and would IMO. It's so far out there to think Lutter will win anyway. However, if he somehow pulled it off, I would never count on him winning 2 in a row from Silva. Fluke's (Randleman/Cro-cop-Lauzon/Pulver) happen, but they wouldn't be flukes if they kept happening.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/3/07 4:23:23AM   

redmist

MMA Regular

redmist Avatar

Career:340-240
Chips:
If Lutter won it would obviously be detrimental to silva's rep as champ. an immediate rematch would be necessary to maintain the integrity of the belt

Post #10   2/3/07 2:01:22PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Career:481-329
Camp: Bloodyknux.com
Chips:
Unless he completely schools Anderson (which won't happen IMO) he will have to get another win or 2. Franklin could be a good opponent to help make the situation better since he got smoked by Silva. They could also bring in a hired gun for a 1 fight deal... The Law.

Post #11   2/3/07 9:23:53PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by redmist

If Lutter won it would obviously be detrimental to silva's rep as champ. an immediate rematch would be necessary to maintain the integrity of the belt

Ahh... they could always say that Anderson trained for a 5 round fight to discredit the loss. THIS was supposed to be Lutter's big chance... no freakin way Dana gives him an immediate rematch considering the depth of the div. Marquardt has earned the next title shot... Lutter's fuk up shouldn't take that way from Nate. You also have Swick/Okami and Franklin/J-Mac in the mix. Lutter will need to work his way back up.

Post #12   2/3/07 9:28:18PM   

OB_Juan

MMA Regular

OB_Juan Avatar

Chips:
Another scenario I could see is Dana forcing Lutter back to LHW. He's always seemed to have trouble making 185.

Last edited 2/3/07 10:03PM server time by OB_Juan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   2/3/07 10:03:19PM