Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar taliks s*** about a bunch of fighters

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
...I am greatly amused when people refer to themselves in the third person.

Brock Lesnar wants to fight somebody, somebody with credentials, and Tim Sylvia ain't the guy."

"I'm a fighter, and I believe that if somebody should be holding a belt in the UFC, it's Brock Lesnar."

I'm all for increasing the level of competition in UFC and if he is indeed serious he needs to train in MMA, go to a lesser organization and work your way up like everyone else, or sign on for a TUF that features heavyweights. What I don't want to see is the line betwen MMA and that WWE bullshit blurred. However, his rant is similar to Mayweather Jrs. and probably just for publicity.

-OUT-

Last edited 8/23/07 3:23AM server time by svartorm
Edit note/reason: Fighter bashing

Post #16   8/22/07 5:52:38PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
I think he is pretty good for just starting but i beleive he would get beat in the big dance.

Post #17   8/22/07 5:55:03PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
They should make him fight a low card like crazy horse just so he'll shut up and the UFC can ignore him.

Last edited 8/23/07 3:24AM server time by svartorm
Edit note/reason: Fighter bashing

Post #18   8/22/07 5:57:52PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
ok just to set the record straight about everything on this thread that was said about Brock Lesnar, the charges on the steroid allegations were dropped and false because it was examined and they were not steroids after all, Lesnar yes quick to shoot his mouth off but so is any fighter like Ortiz, Shamrock, and most notoriously Quinton Jackson, this is done most likely for publicity so that he is recongnized by the UFC and like some one said before it might just make UFC take that shot and give him a chance, also i actually agree with Brock he does deserve to fight guys with more credentials then the Judoka, Min Soon Kim he destroyed, for whoever said "Brock would need to train in MMA first" i'd like you to know and recongnize that Brock trained and entire year for his first fight, training at a variety of camps, such as Miletich before he finally settled for something more close to home Minnesota Martial Arts Academy, ever hear of it? this is where Sean Sherk trains at, also i personally agree Lesnar is a force to be reckoned with and he's not just another Bob Sapp, his sheer size, speed, adn strength make him dangerous for any one in the HW division, he's got credentials : numerous amatuer wrestling championships including NCAA champion, so i would just like to leave you with this Brock Lesnar has gone from accomplished Amatuer Wrestler, to accomplished Professional Wreslter, to overnight NFL Linebacker, to MMA Fighter, to.......next.....MMA Superstar...to a Champion one day

Post #19   8/22/07 6:37:52PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

ok just to set the record straight about everything on this thread that was said about Brock Lesnar, the charges on the steroid allegations were dropped and false because it was examined and they were not steroids after all, Lesnar yes quick to shoot his mouth off but so is any fighter like Ortiz, Shamrock, and most notoriously Quinton Jackson,

I dunno man, I'd say Tito is a more notorious trash talker than anyone else on that list. As for Rampage, at least when he trash talks he does it in a funny. jovial manner, and knows he is on a level with the people he is talking about. Not only is Lesnar still unproven against a real opponent, but it sounds like he is believing his own hype. He is just being downright disrespectful.

Post #20   8/22/07 6:46:10PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Chips:
yeah Ortiz is more notorious but Lesnar if you think is building his hype with the talk

Post #21   8/22/07 6:49:28PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still dont know this guy is strong look at Kos hes been doing good so far with his wrestling backround why not Lesnar dude is a monster
I think with the right trining he could be great or he might just be great
yeah hes fought one fight but he killed the dude and
hes comming in with a big name so he is gonna use it to his advantage by talking shit to or about other top fighters

I would like to see him on a UFC undercard soon

Plus I think I he fought CC he would take a Kick and put him down on the ground CC would have that one shot

But he does connect with that shot a lot

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #22   8/22/07 7:16:32PM   

DNor

MMA Regular

DNor Avatar

Career:92-62
Chips:
Maybe UFC could incorporate a super heavyweight fight.
Have Brock Lesnar fight Mark Hunt, good idea?

Post #23   8/22/07 7:40:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Mark hunt would break his face. I don't know if he realizes yet that mma isn't fake and they acctually do hit you.

Post #24   8/22/07 7:57:38PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

ok just to set the record straight about everything on this thread that was said about Brock Lesnar, the charges on the steroid allegations were dropped and false because it was examined and they were not steroids after all, Lesnar yes quick to shoot his mouth off but so is any fighter like Ortiz, Shamrock, and most notoriously Quinton Jackson, this is done most likely for publicity so that he is recongnized by the UFC and like some one said before it might just make UFC take that shot and give him a chance, also i actually agree with Brock he does deserve to fight guys with more credentials then the Judoka, Min Soon Kim he destroyed, for whoever said "Brock would need to train in MMA first" i'd like you to know and recongnize that Brock trained and entire year for his first fight, training at a variety of camps, such as Miletich before he finally settled for something more close to home Minnesota Martial Arts Academy, ever hear of it? this is where Sean Sherk trains at, also i personally agree Lesnar is a force to be reckoned with and he's not just another Bob Sapp, his sheer size, speed, adn strength make him dangerous for any one in the HW division, he's got credentials : numerous amatuer wrestling championships including NCAA champion, so i would just like to leave you with this Brock Lesnar has gone from accomplished Amatuer Wrestler, to accomplished Professional Wreslter, to overnight NFL Linebacker, to MMA Fighter, to.......next.....MMA Superstar...to a Champion one day

You said all that in one breath?????????

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #25   8/22/07 8:16:13PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Mark Hunt would drop Lesnar with kicks. Fedor had trouble with him, a sambo champion, I highly doubt that Lesnar, at this point in his career, would pose much of a challenge for Hunt.

Post #26   8/22/07 8:17:04PM   

DNor

MMA Regular

DNor Avatar

Career:92-62
Chips:
Mark Hunt destroys Brock Lesnar in a fight... Who wouldnt want to see that?
I say feed Brock to Hunt, kick back and have a good laugh at Brock looking like an idiot, while Hunt is making him feel like an idiot.

Post #27   8/22/07 8:25:29PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:

whoever said "Brock would need to train in MMA first"

I said he would need to train.. didn't mention anything about "first".

if he is indeed serious he needs to train in MMA,

So he has trained an entire year in MMA. Ok, and do you honestly think a year is enough experience to step in with Big Nog, Cro-Cop, or even Couture? He won his first fight. Great start but that doesnt automatically put you in the Top 10. Cool, he trains with Sherk in Minnesota,.. they can share needles. (That was a indeed a joke).
Indeed he has gone from collegiate wrestling champion to professional actor/stuntman but people shouldnt be so quick to anoint him as the next UFC HW champion after one year of training and one fight.

Post #28   8/22/07 8:58:43PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Chips:

Posted by three_days_of_grey

whoever said "Brock would need to train in MMA first"

I said he would need to train.. didn't mention anything about "first".

if he is indeed serious he needs to train in MMA,

So he has trained an entire year in MMA. Ok, and do you honestly think a year is enough experience to step in with Big Nog, Cro-Cop, or even Couture? He won his first fight. Great start but that doesnt automatically put you in the Top 10. Cool, he trains with Sherk in Minnesota,.. they can share needles. (That was a indeed a joke).
Indeed he has gone from collegiate wrestling champion to professional actor/stuntman but people shouldnt be so quick to anoint him as the next UFC HW champion after one year of training and one fight.

by all means i def. do not think he desrves hw chapion randy couture in a match and yes i agree he is very cocky for saying this and do not think he can hang with the upper enchelon of fighters i just think that people should not hate on him untill he has a chance to prove himself yes, he talked shit but who cares its publicity / hype and who doesn't talk shit it's not a big deal i just dont think he should be hated on untill being given a chance to prove himself and show how dedicated and serious he is about this sport

Post #29   8/22/07 9:40:10PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:
Damn, a lot of disrespect for Lesnar here. Give the guy a chance before calling him pathetic and worthless. I'm sure he's accomplished a lot more then most people on this forum.

I would pick him against both Couture and Hunt. He's like Bob Sapp but with incredible wrestling skill and SPEED. Not to mention at least decent cardio. I think it's a little early to say he could take CC, Nog, Fedor, but he could probably beat a number of top 10 guys as long as he is seriously training, which he seems to be.

And all the steroid allegations, that's a dumb thing to rag on. He is just a naturally big guy and works out hard, he was really huge in college too. If he gets caught, sure, but until then he's not using.

Post #30   8/23/07 12:09:10AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3