Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Opportunity Knocking For GG

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The stars have clearly aligned for Gabriel Gonzaga.

He defeated one of the greatest heavyweight fighters of all time in the most spectacular fashion possible in April, he has a heavyweight title fight against one of mixed martial arts’ most celebrated fighters, and he is about one month away from the day his wife gives birth to his first son.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/21/07 6:11:31PM   

AAfan

Learning to Sprawl

AAfan Avatar

Career:58-54
Camp: Smash'em
Chips:
Theres no doubt that GG is a great heavyweight but him knocking out Cro cop come on since cro cop came to the ufc he hasnt been on his game. Dont get me wrong i like cro cop and think GG has a great chance against Randy but I like randy as a champ and think he can hold on to it

Post #2   8/21/07 6:19:08PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Even if Gonzaga loses against Randy (Hopefully not) he'll still be a dominant fighter in the HW div. really good well-rounded. And I'm not based in the KO against CC making him a KO wizard like people is saying.

Post #3   8/21/07 11:25:16PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
i really like Gabe and his potential to be a huge star for a long time

Post #4   8/22/07 12:09:17AM   

MMAFever

Learning to Sprawl

MMAFever Avatar

Career:142-74
Chips:
GG had Cro Cop beat on the ground when he dragged him all the way into the fence with CC's face looking like Peral Jam's Vs. album cover.

Even if "Smokin' da" Herb Dean stood them up prematurely, GG would have taken CC down again and G'n'P'd CC into oblivion.

This is definitely Gonzaga's fight and it would be nice to see a true MMA athelete as UFC HW Champion with BJJ, Muay Thai and Boxing as MMA disciplines to draw from to keep the strap around his waist for a long time.

This can only help to encourage other fighters to truly train in other fighting discplines to become a genuine mixed martial artist which will mean highly skilled matches for the fighters and the MMA fans.

Post #5   8/22/07 1:36:10PM