Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michael Vick to Plead Guilty

Print  
Posted By Message

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,135-1,315
Chips:
Do people agree with the organization to not allow him to play football for them again? If he is to do time, do you think another NFL team will pick him up? Should he be allowed to play pro football anymore? Even if a player does not want to be a role model, they still are. Once you abuse that privilege to be a role model, you should not be allowed to abuse it again. The media is trying to bring race into the issue, but it does not matter what the person's race is, dog fighting is wrong. What does everyone else think?

Post #1   8/20/07 3:56:31PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Yeah i just saw it right now im disappointed

Post #2   8/20/07 4:15:25PM   

puppetmaster837

Standup Guy

puppetmaster837 Avatar

Career:216-132
Chips:
I think he's should never be allowed to play in the NFL again. What team would want a player who was guilty for dog fighting? Every fan of his will abandon him and whatever team picked him up would be the most hated team in the NFL

Post #3   8/20/07 4:15:46PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the dog fighting is bad, but the fact that they would hang dogs that underperformed, then when hanging didnt work because the rope broke they would drown them makes me even more angry. it takes a cruel individual to hold a dogs, or any animals head underwater waiting for it to drown and that strikes a nerve with me.

the race thing is ridiculous and im tired of athletes getting away with crimes then having it become a race issue, and part of this is because the african american community stands together when a black athlete catches a charge. what id really like is if they had that kind of solidarity all the time. im not black, but my girlfriend is and therefore so are the kids im raising(with the exception of my own) and her cousins and brothers and uncles take a ridiculous stand on vick as well as OJ, and kobe. i dont want that to be perceived as a rant about race there, and i love people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and whatever else, but it was mentioned in an earlier post and i just wanted to say that this isnt a race issue, but it no doubt will be portrayed as one in addition to having race divide whether or not the average person thinks he should be jailed or get a slap on the wrist. its just a sad human issue that will no doubt have people of different races on opposite sides of the fence by and large, and its stuff like this that keeps the last few steps toward equality and harmony from being made.

Post #4   8/20/07 4:35:19PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If they banned Pete Rose for life for gambling on Baseball, I don't think there's any question wether or not Vick should get a lifetime ban from the NFL...

Post #5   8/20/07 4:42:43PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
What a loser Vick is. Always has been, always will be. At least now he won't be able to hold the title of most underrated athlete ever.

Post #6   8/20/07 5:03:21PM   

shakeandbake

Learning to Sprawl

shakeandbake Avatar

Career:408-216
Chips:
michael vick has a couple of years of getting ass raped in the near future. by police dogs!!!!!

Post #7   8/20/07 5:15:21PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
vick had a lot of money and he kills dogs with it.......i think they need to make it hell in jail for him, im just happy im a COWBOYS FAN!!

GO COWBOYS

Post #8   8/20/07 5:52:21PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
he s a retard, thats about it, he can die for all i care....

Post #9   8/20/07 7:05:32PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

the dog fighting is bad, but the fact that they would hang dogs that underperformed, then when hanging didnt work because the rope broke they would drown them makes me even more angry. it takes a cruel individual to hold a dogs, or any animals head underwater waiting for it to drown and that strikes a nerve with me.

the race thing is ridiculous and im tired of athletes getting away with crimes then having it become a race issue, and part of this is because the african american community stands together when a black athlete catches a charge. what id really like is if they had that kind of solidarity all the time. im not black, but my girlfriend is and therefore so are the kids im raising(with the exception of my own) and her cousins and brothers and uncles take a ridiculous stand on vick as well as OJ, and kobe. i dont want that to be perceived as a rant about race there, and i love people of all shapes, sizes, colors, and whatever else, but it was mentioned in an earlier post and i just wanted to say that this isnt a race issue, but it no doubt will be portrayed as one in addition to having race divide whether or not the average person thinks he should be jailed or get a slap on the wrist. its just a sad human issue that will no doubt have people of different races on opposite sides of the fence by and large, and its stuff like this that keeps the last few steps toward equality and harmony from being made.

Really good post. And hey man, it doesn't matter if you aren't linked to any black people at all, you still should be able to say your peace on the subject. While the black community might be the most supportive of any race on forgiving mistakes of each other they need to work on cutting the ties when someone falls beyond being worthy of standing up for.

Post #10   8/20/07 7:23:00PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I think he needs to be put in prison and get done in the booty like lil bow wow did.

Post #11   8/21/07 10:39:51AM   

alvin

Learning to Sprawl

alvin Avatar

Career:14-13
Camp: Big Gay Al's Big Gay Training Camp
Chips:
I wish his punishment would be to train with me for 5 years. I'd break all four of his limbs the first time out and let him gimp around for the rest of the time while I kicked the crap out of him. If anyone thinks this kind of behavior is OK, you have serious problems. He should and most likely will be banned for life from the NFL. Not for the fighting or even the torture, but most likely the gambling involved. If you have a Vick jersey, donate it to the local animal shelter for bedding. If you wear it in public, better hope you don't run into me.

Post #12   8/23/07 1:38:31PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
He needs to go to jail. Just because he's famous and he's a football player doesn't mean he should get special treatment. Same goes for all those Hollywood bimbos like Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan. They get off with multiple DUI's in like, 3 months, get busted with cocaine, and they get away with it because they are famous. Any normal person gets busted in a dogfighting ring or possessing cocaine and they get tossed in jail. But if your famous, you can literally get away with murder.

Post #13   8/23/07 2:21:35PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
I guess my Falcons won't be doing anything this year..........

Post #14   8/23/07 2:22:25PM