Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Heavy and Super Heavy event

Print  
Posted By Message

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Since there has been trouble with putting super heavyweight fighters into American fight cards, this card would be taking place in Canada and would be headlined with a superfight between Sapp and fellow K-1 veteran Mark Hunt.
link

Post #1   8/20/07 11:47:08AM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
God i hope this takes place. Ive been wondering if the beast has anything left in the tank. I don't like his chances against the iron chin of hunt though. You never know, if sapp's cardio improved and he's been training....long layoff though. Hunt should own him with more technical strikes and the cardio/experience factor. This would be the first time i would suggest leg kicks as an offense for Hunt.

Post #2   8/20/07 12:15:51PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
Wow. In my oppinion Mark Hunt is going to demolish Bob Sapp. I'd really like to see that fight though.

Post #3   8/20/07 12:44:21PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Poor Bob Sapp. Hunt may be slow enough that Sapp can actually get those big ass mits of his on him a couple times, but my prediction is Sapp with another broken orbital.

Post #4   8/20/07 1:30:40PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Long layoff? Sapp just fought a couple months ago in K-1. Sapp showed what he had left in the tank against Aerts... one knee to the body and the big man is in the fetal position... again. He should stick to Pro Wrestling these days.

Last edited 8/20/07 2:56PM server time by rcg916
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/20/07 2:55:41PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Mark Hunt wins this easily. Bob Sapp's punches won't affect him one bit.

Post #6   8/20/07 3:45:53PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Long layoff? Sapp just fought a couple months ago in K-1. Sapp showed what he had left in the tank against Aerts... one knee to the body and the big man is in the fetal position... again. He should stick to Pro Wrestling these days.

Not an accurate showing, sapp took that on short notice against probly the most sucessful k1 fighter ever (def. most prolific big name). He replaced Remy Bonjasky. Did anyone expect that a man of sapp's size could be in fighting shape on short notice? also notice that body work was what did him in (lack of training camp). Sapp should never be counted out as long as long as he can walk to the ring. also, if it were MMA aerts may not have made it as long as Sapp did in the stand-up fight. I wouldnt count out anyone w. the physical ability of Sapp just yet. I bet he has the ability to hold hunt down too and cause his equally out of shape opponent to gas. Lets not forget the GnP power he showed against Nog.

Post #7   8/20/07 4:19:25PM