Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

GOULET: "HE IS QUICK, BUT IT WON'T BE ENOUGH TO BEAT ME THAT NIGHT!"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

curtisdtcom

Learning to Sprawl

curtisdtcom Avatar

Career:359-215
Chips:
Goulet will get destroyed. He probably called Swick out just to get another fight in the UFC,and because Swick is a well known figher.

I imagine this occuring again.

Last edited 8/19/07 11:00PM server time by curtisdtcom
Edit note/reason: I couldnt get the gif to work

Post #16   8/19/07 10:42:33PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
What are you guys talking about? It doesn't sound like Jon is trying to start anything. He sounds like training is going well and he has some confidence. Don't judge Jon based on the Koscheck fight. That would be sooo nearsighted it wouldn't be funny (even though a lot fans are)

I think the fight will be closer than you guys think. In fact, I think this one will go to decision.

Goulet has this problem with being too good for TKO (he has literally cleaned out the WW division there), but tends to lose to tougher opponents in the UFC (eg. Josh and Duane). The fact that he said he has erased the Koshcheck loss from his memory tells me he's moved on, which can only be a good thing.

IMO, Swick should've lost both of his last two fights not just the Okami one. The reason he won the Loiseau fight was a mistake that David fought that fight as if it was 5 rounds. He wasn't aggressive enough.

IMO, I think Swick is overrated. He's a good fighter, but I don't think he is amazing. I think he'll get a bit of a wake up call coming down in weight. The middle weight division was pretty weak IMO.

Post #17   8/20/07 12:50:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2