Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rumour: Fedor Emelianenko to Sign with Hero's

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Trench777

MMA Regular

Trench777 Avatar

Career:171-141
Chips:
Well, if this is true, it sucks.

I love watching Fedor fight & have no idea how to watch a K-1 or Hero sponsored fight, without investing in a new Dish or whatever. Never seen a K-1/Hero fight on any channel my cable provides. Bummer.

Could really care less if K-1 is the "biggest MMA org in the world"...I live in America & here its UFC. Let the haters hate all they want, the UFC is the premier org here. Even when the Pride fan bois had something to flap thier gums about (I.E. an actual org not owned by Zuffa), UFC still ruled.

All things aside, it just sucks that Fedor wont be seen on my TV anytime soon (if these rumors hold water)

T777

Post #16   8/18/07 3:24:25AM   

KEENAN9

Learning to Sprawl

KEENAN9 Avatar

Career:27-19
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
If this is true, than the UFC lose, not Fedor.

Post #17   8/18/07 3:58:20AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Trench777

Well, if this is true, it sucks.

I love watching Fedor fight & have no idea how to watch a K-1 or Hero sponsored fight, without investing in a new Dish or whatever. Never seen a K-1/Hero fight on any channel my cable provides. Bummer.

Could really care less if K-1 is the "biggest MMA org in the world"...I live in America & here its UFC. Let the haters hate all they want, the UFC is the premier org here. Even when the Pride fan bois had something to flap thier gums about (I.E. an actual org not owned by Zuffa), UFC still ruled.

All things aside, it just sucks that Fedor wont be seen on my TV anytime soon (if these rumors hold water)

T777

If this is true I garentee you'll see a bunch of K-1 events on your ppv

Post #18   8/18/07 5:35:25AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
anyone who thinks its bitch move to sign with the company that offers the best contract is looking at this strictly from a fans perspective. i hope that the ufc signs him but will lose zero respect for him if he signs elsewhere.

also at the time of the finkelstein (or whatever) interview the ufc had made the most lucrative offer. that doesnt mean they had offered a million per fight. heros may have just made him an incredible offer. asia, the usa, whats the difference to fedor? america is the center of our world,not his. it is true that the ufc is top dog right now and has the toughest division but in a business when careers can end overnight, both in the cage and in training, i certainly would not begrudge him looking out for his best interest. if he doesnt sign then i think its on the ufc,not him, as i think that he wants to fight the best and has no fear of it.

matt

Post #19   8/18/07 7:22:43AM   

lb4lb

Learning to Sprawl

lb4lb Avatar

Career:1,099-573
Chips:
If you have nothing left to prove, then why bother continuing to fight? If Fedor fights outside the UFC now, his competition will be either
A. Against drastically lesser opponents not even considered in the top 10 or
B. Against only people he's already beaten at least once (assuming they land Barnet and Hunt, which is not even happening now anyway)

If he's interested in fighting either of those two types of fighters, then I don't give a shit if I ever see him fight again. Find some real, and new competition now that it is available, or **** off. His management is interested in promoting MMA in Russia, and Sambo, and getting the most money while doing it. They're not interested in finding good fights for him.

Look at Frank Shamrock, who fought well in his prime against big names, and made a big name for himself, and now he's fighting washed up, over the hill opponents because its more lucrative. Fedor will soon follow if he's not in the UFC. He doesn't have anything left to prove either, but the only people I care to see Frank fight now are the big names in the Middleweight division. If he won't fight them, I'll keep not buying the PPVs and not caring.

Post #20   8/18/07 10:19:53AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Fedor has nothing to prove man. He's already beaten pretty much anyone who is anyone in the HW div. He wasn't protected, he wasn't fighting a certain type of fighter(like everyones hero chuck), he fought the best strikers, the best JJ guys, best wrestlers, best everything and won. He's the best and K-1 would get him some great fighters to fight, the UFC isn't the be all and end all for everyone, i'm expecting the lower weights to be far better then the UFC's, and most if not all the pride japanese fighters will sign with K-1.

Dude, get over your hatred of Chuck. It spills out in most of your posts

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #21   8/18/07 10:34:21AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
well it's $ 1,000,000 / fight, it's his job, if true, I'm happy about it. If you take a look on his resume you'll notice he deserves it. About the UFC, well if they don't get him they'll never have the #1 HW in the world. You can't have the stars from the American League and the National League on the same team so....

Post #22   8/18/07 12:19:48PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Fedor has nothing to prove man. He's already beaten pretty much anyone who is anyone in the HW div. He wasn't protected, he wasn't fighting a certain type of fighter(like everyones hero chuck), he fought the best strikers, the best JJ guys, best wrestlers, best everything and won. He's the best and K-1 would get him some great fighters to fight, the UFC isn't the be all and end all for everyone, i'm expecting the lower weights to be far better then the UFC's, and most if not all the pride japanese fighters will sign with K-1.

Dude, get over your hatred of Chuck. It spills out in most of your posts

I don't like Chuck either but bashing him and taking away from his accomplishments is just retarded. He has gone up against some good strikers and done quite well. Watch his fight against Vitor... that was pretty memorable.

Post #23   8/18/07 12:21:09PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
i believe that fedor actually wants to fight in the UFC, but he loves sambo even more. Dana being an exclusive whore that he is isn't allowing fedor to compete in his sambo contests, which is basically a glorified sparring match. Dana, just let him compete, he's done it in pride and he can do it in the UFC

Post #24   8/18/07 12:28:28PM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
if this is true, u can't blame fedor. The money's better. K-1 Heroes is in japan and is closer to his home country compared to UFC. Plus, dana does not wanna allow fedor to fight in any other organizations, which does not sit well with Fedor.

All of this = Fedor not signing with the UFC

Post #25   8/18/07 11:33:42PM   

UBTossinasalad

Learning to Sprawl

UBTossinasalad Avatar

Career:79-50
Chips:
Its not about just simply letting him fight in some Sambo tourneys. On the surface it may seem that easy to most but it goes much deeper than that.

If he caves in for Fedor, then everyone will demand the same and pretty soon all his guys are out making everyone else $$, getting hurt and postponing his shows and so on.

There really isnt even an investiment so to speak that Dana is thinking of protecting other than possibly losing $$ promoting a card that may fall thru due to an injury. Fedor is paid per fight. If he cant fignt, he doesnt get paid. If he is injured he obviously cant fight somewhere else instead and therfore wouldnt make someone else $$. Simple stuff really.

As hard as that is to understand, there is no grey area!! No one, not even Fedor is above the company rules. Not one other current or future possible top fighter would accept the fact that just because its Fedor its OK for him but not them.

Also, this hasnt been covered on one other site so Im thinking its another well struck rumor.

Post #26   8/18/07 11:45:56PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,219-803
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
Fedor has stated before that he's just happy to fight and train to put food on his family's table, and that he doesn't care who when or where he fights. He leaves that up to his people, and of course, they are just going to go with the option that makes them the most profit.

That being said Fedor has huge marketability in the US. Everyone here loves a winner. Despite the language/nationality difference, is it really that hard to market a seemingly invincible warrior? I always think of the big Russian, in rocky 4, who is maybe the most memorable of Rocky's opponents. All i am saying is that if he has success here, i think he'd become very marketable, the UFC would continually increase his pay, and eventually make a lot more than he would in K1.

Post #27   8/19/07 12:10:51AM   

JuggaloWarrior878

Juggalo 4 Life

JuggaloWarrior878 Avatar

Career:2,597-1,505
Camp: Hatchet House
Chips:
if true, what a waste

Post #28   8/19/07 3:07:15PM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,860-1,161
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
you know what this is getting soooo old come on if Fedor doesnt sign then he might just lose his #1 status come on now if your not beating the best then your not #1 he may have beat some of the guys in the UFC but fighters change with time so they could get better plus the cage could make a diff in a fight so if he signs somewhere else I will move on with my life and still watch top talent in the ufc.

Oh and by the way to all you Dana White haters out there why talk shit about the guy who want to bring all the top talent to one Org. so we can watch them all fight each other he is making money buy giving you the fights that YOU want to see....

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #29   8/19/07 6:49:31PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Fedor's manager's the one who's trying to hone in on the action, wanting to organize events in Russia and all that crap. Yeah, The Fertitas and Dana will get right on that....I would say that Dana's trying to do what's best for mma and get Fedor, the #1 HW to come to the UFC, but he's really trying to make more money for himself and the company by getting one of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world to come here. Either way, it's best for us fans. We need to see Fedor in the UFC. I'm sick of everyone hating on Dana. He's already offered Fedor more money than any other org.
Plus, if he doesn't come to the UFC, eventually, his status as the #1 HW in the world will diminish. However, I think he'll do what's best for him and us fans, and come to the UFC.

Post #30   8/19/07 7:05:50PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3