Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Pound for Pound: Nick Diaz .The Difference Between Potheads and Cheaters

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Different Org.

Post #16   8/17/07 6:49:18PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,095-597
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I don't see how people can argue the rules? Thats like saying "I killed him but it had no benifit to me so it's not a big deal right?" It's a rule you get caught for a banned substance you shoulden't get the win.

Yes, but a main part of the article is how fighters that have been tested for roids kept their wins on record whereas Diaz stands at NC. "Roids>Pot, so why can't Diaz keep his win on record".

Post #17   8/17/07 7:19:14PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
he tested 170 nanograms/ml if i remember correctly, now both of my parents work in substance abuse, and they've had guys who havnt smoked in a week test over 300, one of them even saw a guy test in the 500s.

its entirely possible nick diaz wasn't high during the fight, but after watching the interview he did with sherdog afterwards (in which he talked for about 2 minutes? 3 minutes? after the opening question) i think he might of been slightly influence during the interview.

Post #18   8/17/07 7:59:02PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:
I think its totally Diaz's fault. Weed is not addicting whatsoever, its really not worth it if he knows its against the rules. Its probably just against the rules for ethical reasons, not so much enhancement. They don't want a bunch of drug usersin general fighting, putting PRIDE aside, Dana White kicked people off the Ultimate Fighter for fighting, trying to prove that these people are serious about the sport, and there is zero tolerance towards ******* around like they were.

Plus, don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with PRIDE and UFC what happened, otherwise he wouldn't have had a suspension for fighting anywhere in Nevada. It was just a stupid decision for him to do what he did, no matter how you look at it. He isn't the smartest person in the world, you look him up on youtube, you can watch him and his brother fighting with pairs of sai, plus he grew up in Stockton, the #1 city for foreclosures, so he probably had some hardships, but he is a UFC and PRIDE contender, and a good one, and he beat who is considered the #1 lightweight contender in the world, bu tthrew it all away because he decided not to wait until after the fight to smoke it up.

Post #19   8/18/07 12:54:54AM   

KEENAN9

Learning to Sprawl

KEENAN9 Avatar

Career:27-19
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
writer has a hard on for Diaz, he won, but he broke the rules, no matter what you think of the rules, he still broke them. the NC was right. And if Sherk loses his appeal then give him a NC or what ever. it should be the same no matter what rule you break.

Last edited 8/18/07 3:54AM server time by keenan9
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   8/18/07 3:50:46AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by cmill21

I don't see how people can argue the rules? Thats like saying "I killed him but it had no benifit to me so it's not a big deal right?" It's a rule you get caught for a banned substance you shoulden't get the win.

Yes, but a main part of the article is how fighters that have been tested for roids kept their wins on record whereas Diaz stands at NC. "Roids>Pot, so why can't Diaz keep his win on record".

I think it's a pride thing, can't really think of another pride guy testing positive that won, but thats what i've come up with.

Post #21   8/18/07 6:06:53AM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Copenhagen

Posted by cmill21

I think it's a pride thing, can't really think of another pride guy testing positive that won, but thats what i've come up with.

The win was revoked by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, not Pride.

If the Diaz/Gomi fight had happened in Japan, the win would still be on his record.

You have to remember, the athletic commissions are in charge here, they set all the ground-rules for the states, they regulate the testing and issue the rulings, appoint the judges... etc.

Unfortunately....they don't really seem to know anything about mma, nor do they seem to care to learn.

Last edited 8/18/07 7:32AM server time by elysianwing
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   8/18/07 7:31:46AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2