Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Pound for Pound: Nick Diaz .The Difference Between Potheads and Cheaters

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Former UFC and Pride fighter Nick Diaz is a lot of things. He’s impulsive, arrogant, narcissistic, and probably at least a little bit insane.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/17/07 12:26:59PM   

jahdoug

MMA Regular

jahdoug Avatar

Career:376-251
Chips:
Awesome article. If he was stoned enough to not feel pain, hes got some better weed than anyone in the history of gettin high. they make it seem like smokin pot would give him PCP superman numbness. He'd get tired quicker and have less fire in him if he were blazed. Give him back the win, he shocked the world and it was the most entertaining fight in months and months

Last edited 8/17/07 12:35PM server time by jahdoug
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   8/17/07 12:34:49PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I totally agree with the weed thing, but disagree with giving him back the win. I've smoked a ton of weed in my day, and I've never been so ripped that I felt no pain. But...if it's against the rules, it's against the rules. Diaz's fault.

Post #3   8/17/07 12:50:24PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
If you watch the bonus features of the TUF 2 Finale DVD you see Nick taunt Diego and throw something at him and then the security guards get in his face to try and calm him down.
I wouldnt say some of those adjectives about him like arrogant, it's just his personality to mentally prepare for a fight. Even if on paper the bout between Gomi and Diaz says it's a no contest everybody knows he won the fight and should have nothing to be ashamed of.

Post #4   8/17/07 12:52:07PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
Rules are rules

How dumb do you have to be, to get busted for WEED??? I mean out of all things, weed?! It's not like Diaz received any benefit from it. It's even dumber than doing steroids because steroids at least give you some advantage.

I have no pity for Nick Diaz.

Post #5   8/17/07 1:04:23PM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Rules are rules

How dumb do you have to be, to get busted for WEED??? I mean out of all things, weed?! It's not like Diaz received any benefit from it. It's even dumber than doing steroids because steroids at least give you some advantage.

I have no pity for Nick Diaz.

*Checks Sherk's record*

*Checks Royce's record*

*Checks Sylvia's record*

*Checks Bonnar's record*

*Checks Diego's record*

*Checks Guillard's record*

Hmmm....yeah, its just as I thought, you're 100% right....obviously Diaz getting a win taken away from him for weed was due to his own stupidity and not the precedents set by athletic commissions.

Lets be serious here....Diaz broke the rules, sure. However, weed is hardly a performance enhancing drug....and amongst all the recent CONFIRMED steroid/coke/weed/other drug users....Diaz is the only one that had such a severe and idiotic ruling.

if sherk can test positive for steroids and keep his win over franca(who also tested positive for steroids)....how the f*ck is Diaz/Gomi a no contest?

Post #6   8/17/07 1:52:55PM   

peachfuzzz1305

Banned

Career:60-35
Chips:
Nick is not a cheater and if he stays at light weight he will be the best in the world

I mean come on the guy has the best boxing and kick a** Jui Jitsu

Post #7   8/17/07 2:10:00PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Diaz should have used the Sherk Defense.. His friends made him some pre-fight brownies, he didn't know what was in it and he eats brownies everyday.
The ruling of a win to NC is hypocritical. Guillard is still listed as a loss. Had Diaz lost, would the same apply to him?

-OUT-

Post #8   8/17/07 2:25:09PM   

EddieBowers

MMA Regular

EddieBowers Avatar

Career:126-96
Camp: TX Ground and Pound
Chips:
Some very good points here. I agree that if it is against the rules then he shoudl be busted for it. however.. the same shoudl deffinatly apply to the steroids users. I do not think that Diaz was so gone that he could not feel pain, I just think he gets off on getting hit. Sick basterd. I say NC all the guys who have been caught using roids, or breaking the rules, including Diaz. Or just keep their money. Do not pay them for the fight, and give them their W or L. Take their money away and you might see them clean up a bit. I mean which is more important to most fighters these days... their record or their money?? That is my 2 cents worth on this topic.

Post #9   8/17/07 2:41:21PM   

president234

Learning to Sprawl

president234 Avatar

Career:37-22
Chips:
Thats actually a good point. I sure as hell wouldnt want to lose my money over some steroids.

Post #10   8/17/07 3:11:55PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
They should strip the belt from Sherk and give it to Diaz

Post #11   8/17/07 3:19:42PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by jahdoug

Awesome article. If he was stoned enough to not feel pain, hes got some better weed than anyone in the history of gettin high. they make it seem like smokin pot would give him PCP superman numbness. He'd get tired quicker and have less fire in him if he were blazed. Give him back the win, he shocked the world and it was the most entertaining fight in months and months

Yes months and months and maybe years and years!!

Post #12   8/17/07 4:33:37PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I don't see how people can argue the rules? Thats like saying "I killed him but it had no benifit to me so it's not a big deal right?" It's a rule you get caught for a banned substance you shoulden't get the win.

Post #13   8/17/07 4:39:38PM   

curtisdtcom

Learning to Sprawl

curtisdtcom Avatar

Career:359-215
Chips:
Another thing that is strange is how Deigo Sanchez tested positive for agents found in marijuana after beating Riggs, and only got suspended for three months and kept his win.

Post #14   8/17/07 5:18:05PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,306-866
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by curtisdtcom

Another thing that is strange is how Deigo Sanchez tested positive for agents found in marijuana after beating Riggs, and only got suspended for three months and kept his win.

excatly.

Post #15   8/17/07 5:55:56PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2