Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jorge Gurgel VS Alvin Robinson @ UFC 77

Print  
Posted By Message

Cyclops

Learning to Sprawl

Cyclops Avatar

Career:112-92
Camp: X-Men
Chips:
I was just listening to 1530am here in Cincinnati and Jorge was just on the show and said that he is fighting Alvin "The Kid" Robinson. Sorry this post isn't in the news share forum, but, I needed to have 25 posts or something before I can post there.

Post #1   8/17/07 9:44:08AM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
Jorge has not shown his full ability yet. Hopefully he can get going in this fight. I don't think robinson will get his ass kiscked by gurgel the way kenflo did, but i expect jorge to take it by a late stoppage or convincing decision

Post #2   8/17/07 9:46:24AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Thats who i thought Gurgel would get and im happy about it as i really think the Kid can beat Jorge, he looked good against Kenny and is built up well good like Randy said, he will sub Gurgel

Post #3   8/17/07 9:46:39AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
I thought Robinson had a great chance against Florian. Florian just showed up with some great ju-jitsu. I think Robinson always has a good chance. He's aggressive and powerful. Look to see a good fight.

Post #4   8/17/07 9:52:04AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
Good job to listening to the Homer, great station.

Wow, this is a tough fight, but a very exciting fight, I actually called this fight once Doug Evans went out.

People keep saying that Jorge is going to get caught in a sub, he is one of the best at submission defense and he is incredible in BJJ.
I am actually going to an open house of Jorge's tomorrow.

Jorge wins via decision in the fight of the night.

Post #5   8/17/07 10:11:39AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
fight of the night? i dont think so. Alvin might pick up the win or jorge by decision.

Post #6   8/17/07 10:47:54AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I've liked Gurgel ever since seeing him on TUF, but I'm still yet to be impressed by him. I'm still most impressed from when he fought Hominick, and the way he brought it in the last round after dropping the first two. Hoping he can eventually show what he's all about, his jits is sick but his wrestling seems to only be mediocre. I'd have to pick Gurgel by UD, Robinson looked good, but I think Gurgel is more well rounded.

Post #7   8/17/07 10:52:30AM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
Jorge also claimed he was fighting Doug Evans so ill wait to hear this one from a credible source but if the fight does go down i think it will be very good i like Robinson and think he can be good and Gurgel hasnt been that impressive to me

Post #8   8/17/07 10:55:19AM   

Cyclops

Learning to Sprawl

Cyclops Avatar

Career:112-92
Camp: X-Men
Chips:
I agree with AmericanFighterAce. I'd love to see Alvin do his best impression of Nate Quarry laying stiff on the mat, BUT I see this fight going the distance. I think both fighters have something to prove in the 155 division, theyre both great on the ground and they're TOUGH. Sounds like all the makings of a fight of the night 155 lb war. Jorge wins this fight, though, because its on his home turf, and he DOES have an advantage on the ground... Hes prolly one of the best BJJ guys around. Robinson could create problems on the feet, though, being a south paw and all. Im definitely excited about this fight. Hopefully it turns out to be a good card. Im keepin my fingers crossed to see Vera fight, too. We'll see. Im really just pumped to see Rich and Jorge fight live.
You'll have to post about the open house tommorrow. Sounds like its gonna be awesome, but, Im not gonna be able to make it.
Who Dey.

Last edited 8/17/07 11:07AM server time by Cyclops
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #9   8/17/07 11:06:04AM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
Jorge was scheduled to fight Doug Evans initially, but Evans had to pull out due to an injury he suffered fighting Roger Huerta that hadnt he heeled yet. Robinson stepped in to replace him

Post #10   8/17/07 9:57:52PM