Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Now this is F***ing funny

Print  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
so i just logged onto UFC.com and i see a advertisement for UFC on Demand (the site where you can buy and wathc old fights)
here is what the poster was. Ivan Salaverry vs Nathan Mardquart. Is it just me or would it not be a good idea to showcase one of the most boring fights in recent times. Espically of a fighter they are trying to push towards a title shot (Nate).
Thoughts?

Post #1   2/2/07 8:01:07PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
here is what i saw.
okay nevermind i cant upload the fricking file cuz it is a .bmp file uno momento.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/2/07 8:04PM server time by madmarck
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #2   2/2/07 8:02:06PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Talk about self-sabotage, poor Nate . I thought they just purchased Salaverrry's contract from the WFA too, then I read he signed with the IFL. I would guess IFL now, because he looks way worse in that fight. Running from bell to bell.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/3/07 4:12:29AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
That match was so disappointing Nate and Ivan were both Amazing fighters but it just cancelled out into 3 rounds of lay and pray.

Post #4   2/3/07 9:05:16AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Styles make fights. This was just a bad matchup and the UFC should have known that. It's like putting to wrestles together and the asking why they aren't standing toe to toe.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #5   2/3/07 10:00:07AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

so i just logged onto UFC.com and i see a advertisement for UFC on Demand (the site where you can buy and wathc old fights)
here is what the poster was. Ivan Salaverry vs Nathan Mardquart. Is it just me or would it not be a good idea to showcase one of the most boring fights in recent times. Espically of a fighter they are trying to push towards a title shot (Nate).
Thoughts?

Very true, this fight is like trying to sit through and watch a golf match.

Post #6   2/3/07 10:37:47AM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:
never did see this fight...wasnt it the main event of a Ultimate Fight Night.

Post #7   2/3/07 12:54:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Yes, you should thank God every day that youy missed it. I can honestly say in this case ignorance is bliss

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   2/3/07 8:04:26PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by shawneth

You are lucky my friend.

Post #9   2/4/07 12:12:41AM