Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What ever happened to Jake O'Brien??

Print  
Posted By Message

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
Jake O'Brien is a young fighter and a win over Heath Herring whether it was a LnP decision or not is a win why wouldnt the UFC want to build up a young UFC guy who has a win over a former Title CHallenger??

Post #1   8/16/07 4:34:27PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
he has some king of injury that was possibly carreer ending....

LINK, his manager talks about this possibly career ending injury, apparently he had it since college, STINGERS

Post #2   8/16/07 4:43:25PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
stingers, shit with your back. Not even impressed with jake, so not too worried about him actually being a contender in the HW division.

Post #3   8/16/07 5:51:50PM   

alvin

Learning to Sprawl

alvin Avatar

Career:14-13
Camp: Big Gay Al's Big Gay Training Camp
Chips:
Good wrestler, but a VERY boring fighter. I hope he's OK, but I never want to see him in the UFC again. It's nothing but takedown after takedown after takedown ... with no ground game. 10x's worse than a Sherk fight. (my opinion).

But yes, he has some spinal injuries that can paralyze you if not addressed.

Post #4   8/16/07 7:13:04PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

he has some king of injury that was possibly carreer ending....

LINK, his manager talks about this possibly career ending injury, apparently he had it since college, STINGERS

ya ive heard the same thing butn ill say one thing....he dominated hearring like nothing.

Post #5   8/16/07 8:12:11PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:

Posted by alvin

Good wrestler, but a VERY boring fighter. I hope he's OK, but I never want to see him in the UFC again. It's nothing but takedown after takedown after takedown ... with no ground game. 10x's worse than a Sherk fight. (my opinion).

u are a disgrace for saying u never want to see him int he UFC again who are yout to decide how a person makes his living and hes only 22....randy didnt make his debut till he was 33 imagine wut u can learn in 11 years

Post #6   8/16/07 8:23:49PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by DMcCabe11

Posted by alvin

u are a disgrace for saying u never want to see him int he UFC again who are yout to decide how a person makes his living and hes only 22....randy didnt make his debut till he was 33 imagine wut u can learn in 11 years

couldnt agree more.well said

Post #7   8/16/07 8:24:52PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Posted by DMcCabe11

Posted by alvin

couldnt agree more.well said

I have to agree also. I think alot of people base Jake's capabilities particurly off his fight with Herring. I think he has much more potential than he showed in that fight. 10-0 with 8 of those wins coming by KO or TKO. All but 1 of those 8 came in the very first round. Based off of those stats, I think it's fair to say he has the potential to make for some exciting fights.

Post #8   8/16/07 10:22:59PM