Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Prediction

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
When Ninga demolishes Lawler he will actually start to get ranked as a top 10 middlewieght. IMHO he should already be there!

Post #1   8/15/07 1:04:59PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
first let me say i highly doubt it that ninja will beat lawler, ninja is a very sloppy striker, and lawler will catch him with a left, and lights out......

second, if he wins, to me he will be top 15, but not 10, he got beat by dan henderson,paulo fihlo, and his fight with denis kang showed me that he isnt and wont reach the highest levels(i might be wrong), and he has jumped different weight classes, he has fought at light heavy wich he has lost to all top notch fighter like ricardo arona, kevin randleman, rampage, and he even fought at heavyweight wich sergie showed him that he wasnt made to fight heavyweight.........
now before you start saying im a ninja hater and what not, i enjoy watchin him fight, and i think he will be always be a top 20 fighter, and a very exciting one but i just dont think he will make it to the top against tought competition(UFC), having said that he is only 27 and has plenty of time to improve, and if he does he will be a force.....

Last edited 8/15/07 1:24PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   8/15/07 1:23:41PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:

I totally agree.

Post #3   8/15/07 2:11:47PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
I personally doubt that Ninja will be able to beat Lawler because as said before Ninja is a very aggressive fighter and tends to throw wild and sloppy combinations while on the other hand Robbie's boxing skills are very good and he is a very accurate and precise striker and will most likely let Ninja come to him and knock him out. Im not saying its an easy fight for Lawler because if Ninja does decide to use his ground and jiu jitsu skills to take this fight to the ground he has an excellent shot of submiting Lawler whos ground game still to this day is sub par.

With that being said i do agree with you that if Ninja does beat Lawler he will be considered top ten, and i also believe that Rua sould be considered top ten right now instead of MIsaki which many rankings have listed I feel he is overrated and Frank Trigg who is an average fighter at best exposed that, i have him liested at #10 on my list.

Post #4   8/15/07 2:28:19PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
All those guys mentioned are A+top caliber fighters and all those fights were real close IMHO he shoulda had the win against Rampage.Lawler has great standup but I do not think he will be able to take the ill chute box clicnch.
War Ninga.

Post #5   8/15/07 5:41:50PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
seems like you are a hard core fan of his......but that how come you spelled his nickname wrong??? its Ninja....not trying to be an ass, just tought it was funny....

i can see your view point, but i think with you being a fan of his, it blinds your judgement, his last to losses were against top notch Middleweights, wich is the wight class he is fighting at right now, he lost to paulo filho, and denis kang........having said that, you can look at my past comment and see that he has plenty of time to improve, and i want him to win this fight, becuase i want to see him in the ufc, he always makes exciting fight, and i wouldnt mind seeing him in the ufc, the problem is that i dont think he will get passed lawler........i might be wrong but thats just my opinion, its not a fact, and you have a different opinion, but mine still stands.....

Last edited 8/15/07 10:15PM server time by juanez13

Post #6   8/15/07 10:07:36PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
Ninja is top 10. I have him at 10. It's funny. Him fighting at higher weight classes means middleweight will be easier for him. He's very talented. It's not about record. He has fought amongst the toughest compitition in MMA ever, look at his record and who he has been fighting. Robbie Lawler is not in his class, Ninja will destroy him. I dont want to hear Robbie is a technical boxer, this is not a technical boxing match, this is MMA. Ninja gave some incredible fighters very tough bouts. Guys Lawler would have no chance against. I can't wait for Ninja to prove me right.

Post #7   8/15/07 11:43:53PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Since Lawler is now taking his training seriously , and not bowing his gas tank in the first round anymore, i'll take Lawler. Unless someone thinks beating 2 guys who might be top 20 ( Sperry/ Villasenor) I don't see any reason to rank him any higher even if he beta sLawler. Personally I have lawler as top 15 not top 10. The most impressive I thing I can think Ninja ever did was lose a close decsion to Rampage when Rampage was still all messed up , mentally and phsically from, beating given to him by Wandy. Rampage seems like in a much better palce with his new trainers in, both areas now IMOI, and I think he would woop Ninja if they fought agin. However Ninja dropped weight ,which is smart to me, as he was a small LHVY. Still, unless he looks phenomenal in a win over a Lawler I won't even consider him for top 10.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #8   8/16/07 12:08:21AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Since Lawler is now taking his training seriously , and not bowing his gas tank in the first round anymore, i'll take Lawler. Unless someone thinks beating 2 guys who might be top 20 ( Sperry/ Villasenor) I don't see any reason to rank him any higher even if he beta sLawler. Personally I have lawler as top 15 not top 10. The most impressive I thing I can think Ninja ever did was lose a close decsion to Rampage when Rampage was still all messed up , mentally and phsically from, beating given to him by Wandy. Rampage seems like in a much better palce with his new trainers in, both areas now IMOI, and I think he would woop Ninja if they fought agin. However Ninja dropped weight ,which is smart to me, as he was a small LHVY. Still, unless he looks phenomenal in a win over a Lawler I won't even consider him for top 10.

..... in any other division except MW. The mw divison is so light compared to the others that I have Lawler in it at the bottom of my 10. If Ninja can take the fight (which I don't think he will do), and the fight itself is decent (no Kos v. Sanchez) I think he will take that spot. 6-10 of MW is hard to rank. Ranking Horn, Okami, Shamrock, Lawler, Ninja, Martin, Marquardt, Grove, and Misaki, and maybe Trigg is hard as there just aren't enough matches between them.

As far as Lawler v. Ninja. Lawler is going to put Ninja to sleep.

Last edited 8/16/07 12:37AM server time by ncordless

Post #9   8/16/07 12:33:20AM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
Look at Lawler's last loss. He was taken down many times by Miller before he was submitted. Ninja has a much better stand up game, and way better take downs and submissions than Jason Has. If Lawler doesn't catch him early I think much like Mayhem was Rua will be an awful match up for him. I look for Rua's stamina and GNP to be a deciding factor.

Post #10   8/16/07 3:48:51AM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Chips:
This is a joke. Look at who Lawler has fought and who Ninja has fought. It's not even a comparison. Lawler is nothing beat a b level fighter. Ninja has a chance to rise among middleweights and make profitable fights for himself. With all do respect for yourself what the hell are you guys talking about that pick Lawler. Lawler is 14-4 and Ninja is 14-7 but its about compitiion. Lawler fights awful comp, Ninja fights the best comp in MMA period. Serously have you followed these guys careers, here are notable guys each guy has fought and notable guys they have beat

Lawler

Fought and Lost to

Evan Tanner Nick Diaz Jason Miller

Fought and beat

Joey Villesnor Frank Trigg

Ninja

Fought and Lost to

Dan Henderson Ricardo Arona Randleman Kharitonov RampageFilho Kang

Fought and Beat

Mario Sperry Joey Villesonar

Not to mention when Ninja fought Randleman and Rampage he gave them hell. Every single 1 of his losses where to top fighter, where Robbie has lost to guys that are not top 10. How many of Ninjas losses where against true middleweights, only 2 Filho and Kang and they are guys people would not be surprised to see hold belts. Robbie has beaten no one even top 10 in a weight class much less a contender for a belt. Please intelligently explain to me how Lawler will beat Ninja. After some of the guys he has fought, Lawler will be a cake walk for him. I will be sure to bring this up after these guys fight. Lawler is crap, Ninja is a real fighter, you guys look between the lines. Jammer.

Post #11   8/16/07 2:24:07PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:
I can see him moving in to the top ten at 185. i have him in there right now because the 185 division is so thin and i am to lazy to take him out. Plus i am not a big fan of lawlers, thats why he isnt 10. I think Ninja is definately a top 15 in 185 and i think that he will continue to get better and better at 185.

Post #12   8/16/07 2:49:21PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Chips:
The way I look at it, all the guys who have beaten Ninja, Lawler would have zero percent chance of beating. All the guys who have beaten Lawler, Ninja would beat every single one of them. Ninja would destroy Lawler, Ninja will destroy Lawler. Can't wait to see it folks.

Post #13   8/16/07 3:14:55PM   

DMcCabe11

Banned

Career:43-19
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
i think it will be a good fight i feel like Ninja is this generations guy mezger....a good fighter who is very likeable but has lost some bs decision and will never be at the top

Post #14   8/16/07 3:39:38PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by BigEvil

I totally agree.

same here

Post #15   8/16/07 4:03:40PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2