Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC hasnt talked about putting Arlovski on a card for some time now

Print  
Posted By Message

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
Arlovski Where Are You?

I have been seeing more and more talk about where the hell is Andrei Arlovski. I mean the guy was suppose to be in line for a title fight but because of his last “lackluster” performance he apparently has been shelved now for some 4 months. Dana’s last comments were:

“His last showing wasn’t very great. That hurts a guy. It sets you back when you have a real bad showing like that, especially when you’re in a division that’s stacked”

Even UFCJunkie reported that they talked to Arlovski’s manager and they haven’t even been talked to about putting him on a card anytime soon. Is it just me or should Arlovski be getting a bit more respect than he currently is getting. I mean the guy had one mediocre fight and now he can’t be found anywhere. At least the guy won his last match unlike some fighters like Jardine that got another match right off the back.

I guess I’m a bit frustrated because I am a huge Arlovski fan and want to see him back!

that is the whole article Linkage

Post #1   8/15/07 8:06:51AM   

MMA_Needs_Mayhem

MMA Regular

MMA_Needs_Mayhem Avatar

Career:660-423
Chips:
I'm looking around to see where Arlovski is too. What the hell is he being saved up for? I understand that he's changed since the Sylvia fights, but COME ON!! This guy has a huge fan base, is one of the most athletic individuals in the HW division and deserves more respect than what the UFC brass is giving him.

Post #2   8/15/07 8:18:28AM   

MeanGreene

Banned

Career:167-99
Chips:
I hope they call his name to fight Brandon Vera and bring them both back at once!

Post #3   8/15/07 8:49:19AM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:
LOL @ the comment on that

"dex duncan Says:
August 15th, 2007 at 12:58 am

Arlovski is the most non-exciting fighter most of his fights go to decision because he likes to wear down the clock i doubt you’ll see him in contention ever again with all these pride fighters coming over"

That kind of stupidity literally HURTS to read.

In his entire career, hes only been involved in 2 decisions, Sylvia(loss) + Werdum(win).

lol

I mean WTF.

and yes, I want to see AA back in the ufc....in proper AA(werewolf)-form.

Even with the recent influx of talent to the HW division, if AA is 'on' he can give anybody a great fight.

Last edited 8/15/07 8:59AM server time by elysianwing
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   8/15/07 8:58:19AM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
he didn't push the pace, even when his superior takedown defense nullified werdums abilty to dicate the pace.

i like werdum more actually, i hear he trains ith chute boxe now, perhaps now he won't slap his opponents lol

Post #5   8/15/07 9:02:17AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
IMO, he's had more than just one lackluster performance, but even so, he's still won. I think he should have one more fight, against a top-five contender, and if he wins, deserves a shot at the title again.
With the influx of fighters coming from Pride, it's adversely affected various fighters in all weight classes. They have to find fights for them, and give title shots to some, and there are some good fighters who end up being screwed or looked over.
There are more fights that need to come to fruition, but there isn't an outlet for them to happen. The UFC needs to have either more events, or come up with something else so that these fighters get the opportunities they deserve.
IMO, they should get rid of the Ultimate Fighter show, and replace it with a 2-hour show every other week. In this show, they should hold 4 or 5 fights. They could also have tournaments, ala Pride, each focusing on a specific weight class. Take 8 fighters, numbers 4 through 11 contenders in a particular weight-class, have a tournament, and the winner gets a title shot. The reason you don't include the second or third is because they probably already deserve a title shot (or they could fight eachother for a shot at the title), plus the title holder would have to wait too long for the tournament to occur, and needs to have a fight in the meantime.
Hey, it's just a thought, but something needs to happen because there's alot of fighters that need to fight that aren't, or are going to other org's so they can. That's why many fighters go to other org's, just so they can fight on a somewhat consistent basis. Also, Nick Diaz, Robbie Lawler, and others need to come BACK to the UFC.

Post #6   8/15/07 11:04:05AM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I agree that AA hasn't looked his best the last few times out, but he still pulled off wins. The UFC should show him more respect. He does have a good fan base, and is a very dangerous fighter when he decides to be. Mabey he wont be the champ again with the Pride guys coming over, but we should at least test that theory out. Throw him in there with a few of thoes guys. If they think he needs to work his way back up (he really shouldn't have to climb to far), then put him up against someone like Heath Herring. They both need to impress right away. Seems like a win win situation for the UFC. I mean, if they really want him to go away, make it spectacular, give him Cro Cop, or mabey the losser of Couture Vs Gonzaga. Give him Big Nog. There are a ton of fights out there for him. Come on UFC bring back Arlovski!

Post #7   8/15/07 11:53:20AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
What "lackluster" performance is Dana White talking about? They set up the Arlovsky-Werdum fight hoping that Werdum gets some sort of a submission?! I don't know what they were hoping for. Arlovsky (a grappling wizzard) completely outmatched Werdum's striking game, and outclassed him. How is that a "lackluster" perfomance?!

Andrei doesn't speak very good english, and Dana has a load of Pride fighters that need advertising. That's why Arlovsky has been sitting on the shelf. They don't want a "boring" and "not interesting" Arlovsky kicking Vera's ass all over the place, or, even worse, out-striking Nog.

Post #8   8/15/07 11:56:01AM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

i am not the biggest AA fan, but he does have my respect, and i look foward seein him in the ocatgon soon, i would like to see him fight vera, i think AA would win by decision, he would be able to stuf the takedowns, and would out strike vera......

Last edited 8/15/07 12:57PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   8/15/07 12:56:46PM   

EddieBowers

MMA Regular

EddieBowers Avatar

Career:126-96
Camp: TX Ground and Pound
Chips:
Maybe if Zuffa and HBO can work that deal out, then we will start seeing more fights on HBO as well as Spike, and PPV. I too would love to see AA smash Vera. I bet when we do see AA come back he will not dance around the stage like his last fight.

Post #10   8/15/07 1:11:26PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by elysianwing

LOL @ the comment on that

"dex duncan Says:
August 15th, 2007 at 12:58 am

Arlovski is the most non-exciting fighter most of his fights go to decision because he likes to wear down the clock i doubt you’ll see him in contention ever again with all these pride fighters coming over"

That kind of stupidity literally HURTS to read.

In his entire career, hes only been involved in 2 decisions, Sylvia(loss) + Werdum(win).

lol

I mean WTF.

and yes, I want to see AA back in the ufc....in proper AA(werewolf)-form.

Even with the recent influx of talent to the HW division, if AA is 'on' he can give anybody a great fight.

yeah right this guy is exciting even if he has had some lackluster performances i still look for a tko when he is fighting.My thoughts are maybe there going to try to get fedor soon and give us that fight.

Post #11   8/15/07 5:27:48PM   

MacheT

Learning to Sprawl

MacheT Avatar

Career:1,517-953
Chips:
Whatever the outcome of the fight is, a FEDOR VS ARLOVSKI fight is going to be amazing.
It doesn't matter that he won by decision, he has beat some tough fighters and
he gave us some ko's amazing fights.

Post #12   8/16/07 12:58:02AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
I'm not too surprised by this given his last fight. With Couture, Cro Cop, Minotauro, and other big names on the way, Arlovski will really need to step up and prove that he's worthy of a title shot and can be competitive against guys not named Tim Sylvia. UD wins against relatively unknown mid-carders aren't going to do it, moreso considering AA's a former UFC Heavyweight Champion. He needs to get back to doing what he did when he first beat Sylvia for the title if he wants another shot anytime soon.

Post #13   8/16/07 9:49:23AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by MacheT

Whatever the outcome of the fight is, a FEDOR VS ARLOVSKI fight is going to be amazing.
It doesn't matter that he won by decision, he has beat some tough fighters and
he gave us some ko's amazing fights.

Right now, Fedor vs. anybody in the UFC would be amazing. I would love to see AA v. Fedor, but right now, I just want to see him ink the deal, and fight anybody in the UFC.

Post #14   8/16/07 10:18:18AM