Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Georges St. Pierre Retools After Serra Loss, Preps For Comeback Fight

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Georges St. Pierreā€™s life changed after taking the UFC welterweight title away from Matt Hughes last November in Sacramento. But not the way he had expected - or hoped.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/14/07 4:37:38PM   

peachfuzzz1305

Banned

Career:60-35
Chips:
I Hope He Gets 2 Fight Serra Again

Post #2   8/14/07 4:49:30PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
While i'm glad to know that GSP is more focused and ready then ever for his upcoming fight, The last thing I wanted to hear was excuses for his loss to Serra.

I hope this is the last we hear of this. I also hope that he chalks it up as a lesson learned and uses it as motivation.

Post #3   8/14/07 6:12:34PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I like to hear the reasons why a fighter thinks they lost. Good to look for similar things in upcoming fights so you know whats coming.

Post #4   8/14/07 6:43:45PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I gotta admit im not interested in hearing more excuses from gsp, he's a good guy and all and yea he seems to have had some personal issues but in the end he lost a fight by getting punched in the head really hard. All of these excuses are a bit underwhelming to hear.

Post #5   8/14/07 9:56:42PM   

Stugots

Learning to Sprawl

Career:20-20
Chips:

Posted by kerazzle

I gotta admit im not interested in hearing more excuses from gsp, he's a good guy and all and yea he seems to have had some personal issues but in the end he lost a fight by getting punched in the head really hard. All of these excuses are a bit underwhelming to hear.

Dead on. GSP lost, because he got battered standing. He got battered standing by Penn as well. For those that don't know, GSP lives at home with is parents, or at least did for his fight vs Serra. He was far from Chuck when it came to partying. The unfortunate tragedies regarding his family are terrible, but at the end of the day he has a job, he trained for it, and he lost. I remember watching All Access, and him and his crew talking about how he trained harder for his fight vs Serra then he did Hughes, and since he's the champ, he has to train harder then he ever has. Then he got blown out, and the rest came out. I like GSP, but I got Koscheck winning. Fitch and the rest of AKA are saying his striking is looking phenomenal, and he learned to sit on his punches and he hits harder then anybody else at the camp.

Post #6   8/15/07 12:30:57AM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
I don't know if any of you have been to Montreal but it is a party city for sure

I don't care how much KOS's striking has improved we will see how well his does in 10 days i am betting alot of money on GSP and his is going destroyed KOS

Post #7   8/15/07 8:03:43AM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Regardless of what happened against Sera, he need to tear Kos' head off. If he somehow losses this one it could really hurt him in the long run, to try and regain the title.

Post #8   8/15/07 12:23:58PM   

MMA_Gurl

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
GSP will win for sure! He has to!!!

Post #9   8/15/07 1:02:42PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Unless Koscheck's striking has reverted to straight punches instead of wild ass haymakers where his face is leading his punches, he's going to get killed in the standup game.

Post #10   8/15/07 4:54:34PM