Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jason MacDonald Verbally Agrees to UFC 77 Bout with Yushin Okami

Print  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Canadian fighter Jason MacDonald (19-8 MMA, 3-1 UFC) has verbally agreed to fight Yushin Okami (20-4 MMA, 4-1 UFC) at UFC 77 in Cincinnati.
Assuming the deal goes through, the middleweight battle will likely appear on the night’s televised main card. The event, which takes place at U.S. Bank Arena, is expected to air on pay-per-view.
LINK

Post #1   8/13/07 9:16:15PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:1,005-655
Chips:
MacDonald might actually out strike Yushin. For some strange reason I think it will happen. Maybe second round .... i'll go even far as saying the first round, but probebly 2rnd.

Post #2   8/13/07 9:40:12PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by GrandMaster313

MacDonald might actually out strike Yushin. For some strange reason I think it will happen. Maybe second round .... i'll go even far as saying the first round, but probebly 2rnd.

You think MacDonald is going to OUTSRIKE OKAMI, AND FINISH HIM!

MacDonald has had one good showing against a top talent, and that was his debut against Ed Herman. He can't beat any top rated fighter because he's B class at best. Don't metion his win over Leben either, that was a terrible performance by JMac and Leben has not improved at all since being on TUF.

Post #3   8/13/07 10:12:54PM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Posted by GrandMaster313

MacDonald has had one good showing against a top talent, and that was his debut against Ed Herman. He can't beat any top rated fighter because he's B class at best. Don't metion his win over Leben either, that was a terrible performance by JMac and Leben has not improved at all since being on TUF.

I think that MacDonald has improved greatly since his win over Herman, do I think he is going to outstrike Yushin? No. Yushin is alot bigger than Macdonald, and Macdonald got manhandled by Rich Franklin, and I can only see Yushin pushing around Jason like a rag doll.

I like Jason, but I see Yushin ground and pounding his way to a forfit (again) by Jmac.

Post #4   8/13/07 11:07:47PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Im taking Yushin

Post #5   8/14/07 1:04:10AM   

kimoron

MMA Regular

kimoron Avatar

Career:687-420
Chips:
macdonald is no push over but when it comes down to it okami is bigger, stronger, the better striker and has superior grappling. i see okami stopping it sometime in the second.

Post #6   8/14/07 3:08:00AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Posted by GrandMaster313

Since when is Ed Herman considered "top talent"? Dude, I think TUF is on...

On topic, Okami will destroy McDonald

Post #7   8/14/07 8:11:20AM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
saying okami will destroy macdonald is stupid. we have seen the recent upsets, so who's to say this won't be another? of course okami is the favorite, but don't count out macdonald.

Post #8   8/14/07 10:14:14PM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:
Okami is going to have his hands full. Jason's jiu jitsu is slick and when Okami takes him down (which he probably will), he's going to be on the defensive from top position. Jason will be throwing submission attempt after submission attempt. Okami better be careful and not get too sloppy because he'll find himself in a bad spot quick. That said, Okami is undoubtedly the stronger guy and if Jason's fight against Franklin is any indication how he handles stronger guys, than he might be in for a quick night. This is going to be an exciting fight.

Post #9   8/14/07 10:28:28PM   

Mei-Mei

Learning to Sprawl

Mei-Mei Avatar

Career:468-292
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I'm excited for this one. I'm going to be at this event. Jason Macdonald seems like a really cool guy and I like watching him fight. Okami will be a tough fight for him for sure. Anderson was pulling for Okami to win against Rich so he could fight him and make up for his DQ against him. Can't wait for UFC 77.

Post #10   8/14/07 11:32:38PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by kaduey

Posted by GrandMaster313

Since when is Ed Herman considered "top talent"? Dude, I think TUF is on...

On topic, Okami will destroy McDonald

Let me retract what I said about Herman being a top talent. He's the toughest guy MacDonald has had to face besides Franklin. Ed Herman is no slouch, he can hang with a most guys at the UFC middlewight division.

Last edited 8/15/07 10:17AM server time by kaduey
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   8/15/07 10:16:20AM   

MMA_Needs_Mayhem

MMA Regular

MMA_Needs_Mayhem Avatar

Career:660-423
Chips:
If Okami can bring that 3rd round thunder to the first round I can see him just demolishing JMac. Look how easily Franklin took apart Macdonald. I don't care how good you are from the back, when you get pounded, you start to wear out and lose some of that slick ju-jitsu.

Post #12   8/15/07 11:05:28AM   

mictlantechutli

MMA Regular

mictlantechutli Avatar

Career:660-408
Chips:

Posted by MMA_Needs_Mayhem

If Okami can bring that 3rd round thunder to the first round I can see him just demolishing JMac. Look how easily Franklin took apart Macdonald. I don't care how good you are from the back, when you get pounded, you start to wear out and lose some of that slick ju-jitsu.

I don't disagree. If Okami brings it early, than Jason might be in some trouble. It's interesting how both Jason and Yushin seemed to be tentative in their fights against Franklin. We saw Jason recover with that nice second round stoppage against Singer, but he was still a bit tentative in that first round. Now we'll get to see how Okami deals with the Franklin loss. Will he also be tentative in his first round back? Could that give Jason the early break he needs?

Post #13   8/15/07 9:56:43PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Mcdonalds only chance is a nice triangle and even then he'll probly get slammed.

Post #14   8/15/07 11:45:32PM