Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

An aged al bundy tells about 15 years training gracie jiu jitsu video

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
http://www.ufccountdown.com/news/al-bundy-chimes-in-on-the-ufc-video/

Post #1   8/13/07 12:17:34AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
hes such a funny guy...heard him on the radio the other day real down to earth kinda person....

nice vid

Post #2   8/13/07 12:34:16AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wow, I would've never suspected Ed O'neill to train JJ or be an MMA fan...that's awesome. Whoooooaaaa Bundy!

Post #3   8/13/07 7:10:28AM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
thats impressive, he seems to know a lot

Post #4   8/13/07 7:43:22AM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
i agree with him that guys should not be stood up if nothing is happening on the ground, but i strongly disagree with him when he says that they shouldn't wear gloves. very good interview, seems like a cool guy..

Post #5   8/13/07 12:08:23PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,368-906
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:
Lose the gloves, make 'em get up on their own. I've been saying that to my friends forever.

Post #6   8/13/07 12:09:45PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
I think that we should take Al Bundy's ideas even further. First of all, in a "real world" fight there is no mat on which to fight on. It would be a great idea to fight on a slab of concrete, preferably with some broken glass strategically placed here and there.

Let's lose the gloves, so that every other UFC event would end with broken knuckles, and severe eye socket injuries.

Next, in a "real fight" bystanders often get involved. It would be great if they let the fighter's entourage inside the octagon for an all-out "real world" brawl!!

Now, next improvement is to get rid of octagon altogether. I mean, have you ever seen an octagon in a "real fight"?! For maximum realism, the UFC events should be conducted in parking lots of local bars. I mean that's where the "real fights" happen, right?!

Finally, to add maximum realism, all the fighters entering the octagon should have a minimum blood alcohol level of, say, 0.05% by volume. After all, the "real world" fights are fueled by alcohol consumption probably a good 80% of the time (look no further than the last season of the Ultimate Fighter).

Now, I want to know is how many times was "Al Bundy" involved in a "real fight"? How many of the local internet know-it-alls have been involved in a fight? I was involved in a couple of fights in my lifetime. One of them ended with me punching out a guy after he sliced up my hand with a beer bottle. Another one ended with a guy sitting on top of me, punching the back of my head repeatedly, while his buddy was holding me down. He was 3-4 inches taller than me and probably at least 30 pounds heavier, but none of that really matters in a "real fight", right? Just take my word for it, none of the two above-mentioned events resembled a UFC fight in any way.

"MMA" is not a "real world fight", and it was not designed to simulate a "real world" fight. MMA was originally created to determine which of the martial arts styles is superior, no more, no less. MMA was created with a set of artificial rules that were somewhat altered with time to make it more socially acceptable and more entertaining to watch. MMA was never intended to simulate "real world" fighting. MMA is a sport with a set of rules, like any other sport.

Alright, end of rant...

Last edited 8/13/07 1:05PM server time by silverbullet
Edit note/reason: some minor corrections

Post #7   8/13/07 1:00:49PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

I think that we should take Al Bundy's ideas even further. First of all, in a "real world" fight there is no mat on which to fight on. It would be a great idea to fight on a slab of concrete, preferably with some broken glass strategically placed here and there.

Let's lose the gloves, so that every other UFC event would end with broken knuckles, and severe eye socket injuries.

Next, in a "real fight" bystanders often get involved. It would be great if they let the fighter's entourage inside the octagon for an all-out "real world" brawl!!

Now, next improvement is to get rid of octagon altogether. I mean, have you ever seen an octagon in a "real fight"?! For maximum realism, the UFC events should be conducted in parking lots of local bars. I mean that's where the "real fights" happen, right?!

Finally, to add maximum realism, all the fighters entering the octagon should have a minimum blood alcohol level of, say, 0.05% by volume. After all, the "real world" fights are fueled by alcohol consumption probably a good 80% of the time (look no further than the last season of the Ultimate Fighter).

Now, I want to know is how many times was "Al Bundy" involved in a "real fight"? How many of the local internet know-it-alls have been involved in a fight? I was involved in a couple of fights in my lifetime. One of them ended with me punching out a guy after he sliced up my hand with a beer bottle. Another one ended with a guy sitting on top of me, punching the back of my head repeatedly, while his buddy was holding me down. He was 3-4 inches taller than me and probably at least 30 pounds heavier, but none of that really matters in a "real fight", right? Just take my word for it, none of the two above-mentioned events resembled a UFC fight in any way.

"MMA" is not a "real world fight", and it was not designed to simulate a "real world" fight. MMA was originally created to determine which of the martial arts styles is superior, no more, no less. MMA was created with a set of artificial rules that were somewhat altered with time to make it more socially acceptable and more entertaining to watch. MMA was never intended to simulate "real world" fighting. MMA is a sport with a set of rules, like any other sport.

Alright, end of rant...

so wat is your point? we already know this

Post #8   8/13/07 1:28:53PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

Posted by silverbullet

Alright, end of rant...

so wat is your point? we already know this

No point really... I just get pissed off when I hear people say retarded things like "zOMG, they are wearing gloves LOL!!! You cantzor wear gloves in a real fight!! Hehehehe"

As if there is an international law in place that prohibits people from wearing boxing gloves out on the street!

Post #9   8/13/07 1:45:26PM   

SpiderSilva

Reminder: steelers suck!!!

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,855-1,155
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
"Choco cake Choco Cake eat so much you get a tummy ake"
AL Bundy

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   8/13/07 2:05:31PM   

dstlvb

MMA Regular

dstlvb Avatar

Career:373-248
Chips:
I got out of his interview that todays MMA is not what was originally intended. Like he said it is a Hybrid of the original idea. He didnt say that todays fighters are less than the ones before them them. I think he was trying to stress the point that todays fighters are fighting in a different arena. He relizes that the changes were nessaary to get to where it is toady. There is a differance between growth and becoming mainstream. MMA has become more mainstream, and it seems like he would like Some of the original stuff back. The guy has been training with the Gracies for 15 years, just becuase he didnt mention if he has been in a fight doesnt mean his perspctive on the sport isnt valid.

Post #11   8/13/07 3:49:39PM   

Biggieb

Banned

Career:52-36
Chips:
Im not sure if I heard Al Bundy right or not, but did I hear him say that boxing is more dangerous than mma? Boxing is fighting for pre-madonas nowadays, where scrawny black guys think they rule the world of fighting. Step into the Octagon and lets watch your boxing not matter for shit.

Post #12   8/13/07 4:08:42PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,368-906
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by Biggieb

Im not sure if I heard Al Bundy right or not, but did I hear him say that boxing is more dangerous than mma? Boxing is fighting for pre-madonas nowadays, where scrawny black guys think they rule the world of fighting. Step into the Octagon and lets watch your boxing not matter for shit.

I think he meant more dangerous in the aspect that more people have died or ended up with long term injuries from boxing.

Post #13   8/13/07 4:15:10PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,799-1,099
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
Ed O'Neill started on that show when he was already 40 years old.

Post #14   8/13/07 4:25:22PM   

chris_armour

Learning to Sprawl

chris_armour Avatar

Career:221-165
Chips:

Posted by Biggieb

Dude, boxing is way more dangerous in terms of death and long term injuries. It is one of the strong points for getting MMA accepted throughout America. In boxing you can hit a guy in the body or head, usually choosing head, as hard as you can until he can't stand any more. In MMA you have many more options to attack so your not pounding a guys brain to mush and damaging his shit.

Just becuase MMA is more exciting, realistic and, diversified than boxing that doesn't mean it has to be more dangerous too. As a fan you should be happy about that fact.

Post #15   8/13/07 6:47:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2