Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor has possibly signed with an MMA organization.

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
he gets plenty of respect from me.. he fought whoever the hell they threw at him in pride and he'll do the same in ufc.. dana white has to throw him the right kinda money. fedor isnt stupid. he has the biggest name in mma. treat him that way and you'll see fedor in ufc

Post #16   8/12/07 10:51:50AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
i would love to see Fedor go to UFC,but I would be happy in alot of ways if he didn't.I think it would be his way of giving the big F U to Dana White.

Post #17   8/12/07 10:59:09AM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
TRAPT1WONDER
first...fedor doesnt have to prove anything, he fought and beat the best.......also someone mentioned gonzaga as being a worthy opponent for him???? he wins one big fight and now he is one of the top dogs???............fedor can do whatever he wants, Maybe the other ORGS are giving him what hi wants
( able to compete in sambo, red devil fighter are signed, and hosting an event in russia), and the ufc might not want to let him do that........no to say its wrong for the ufc not to let him do it, beacuse some of the are just to much, but thats wat he wants and some one else might be willing to do that...

Last edited 8/12/07 11:41AM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   8/12/07 11:40:43AM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
LOL, this is the biggest post of bad information I've seen.

First off, Bodog isn't in the running, so whoever was talking about Bodog, they are already out of the negotiations. Second, sources in the US will be incorrect as to what Fedor is probably doing anyways. There are various translations pointing at a September fight for Fedor.

First, it cannot be the UFC. There is almost 100% certainty. And why you ask? Because the UFC would hype and promote Fedor for at least 3-4 months before he fights, not have a shotgun surprise fight in September. They would want to maximize profits. It's pretty much a given that it wouldn't be Sylvia either, he just got a horrible staff infection that is sidelining him.

K-1 HEROES is in September. Barnett and Hunt have been rumored to be watching where Fedor goes. K-1, as I said about 2 months ago, has the makings of becoming the new PRIDE, and they have a huge advantage over the UFC. They will have the Japanese fans base, Asian TV market, and much bigger venues to fill. They will eventually make more money, and the PPV will not only be bought in Japan and Asia, US fans will buy them too.

If Fedor signs with K-1, there will be somewhat of an exodus by some of those free agent fighters. Especially if he signs for huge dollars. We may see the UFC lose some prospects.

Just my thoughts, but if this rumor out of Russia is true, K-1 is on the up and up, if it is K-1 that he is signing with. My biggest gripe has been listening to Sherdog, I doubt they have any pull with the Red Devil Camp. Granted, they got an exclusive interview, but nothing was ever said. Various Russian sources including Aleksander, have hinted at both Fedor and Aleks heading to K-1. The Russians also denied his PRIDE contract before for months, and then he suddenly was signed. I think it's the idea that if they keep it under wraps and have the rumor mill spin, they may get a better offer.

Post #19   8/12/07 12:55:26PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
And I don't think a "Big Payday" is in Fedor's mind. Wherever he goes, he's going to make a huge amount of money. With fight salary and PPV revenue, he's going to be unbelievably rich for a Russian man. I think if it is K-1, they probably met his demands. And K-1 needs fighters, so signing other Red Devil Camp members was probably a godsend for them.

Add in Hunt, Barnett, Arona will probably go, and a few other choice fighters. I'd buy the damn PPV, who wouldn't?

Post #20   8/12/07 12:58:34PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Post #21   8/12/07 1:42:05PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Maybe Mirko will go back to K-1 when his next 4 fights are over? I'm not sure if the UFC realizes what the consequences of not signing fedor will be, one say Mirko gets back to himself and wins the UFC belt, he will not re-sign there because he wants to fight fedor again, Nog may want to leave to if he's not being treated a specific way by the UFC. The Japanese owners apperently treat their fighters 10x better then the UFC does(especially the european, asian ones). I kind of hope fedor signs with K-1, I don't like the UFC having total domination of the fight world. I can see the headlines if he does sign with K-1 though, "Fedor scared to fight the UFC fighters".

Post #22   8/12/07 3:19:46PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Maybe Mirko will go back to K-1 when his next 4 fights are over? I'm not sure if the UFC realizes what the consequences of not signing fedor will be, one say Mirko gets back to himself and wins the UFC belt, he will not re-sign there because he wants to fight fedor again, Nog may want to leave to if he's not being treated a specific way by the UFC. The Japanese owners apperently treat their fighters 10x better then the UFC does(especially the european, asian ones). I kind of hope fedor signs with K-1, I don't like the UFC having total domination of the fight world. I can see the headlines if he does sign with K-1 though, "Fedor scared to fight the UFC fighters".

This is from a interview with with the new FIGHT magazine

Q: What was the cause of Pride's downfall?

Rampage: "PRIDE treated their fighters like crap. When we spoke out in interviews they would get mad and treat us even worse. They got mad at me because I did interviews in Japan telling all the Japanese people how PRIDE was treating me. People think that karma is like if you do bad things that you'll come back as a roach or a bug or a fly but that's not right. Karma happens in this lifetime. What goes around comes around and PRIDE treated a lot of fighters like crap. You have no idea. I fought there so I know the inside scoop."

Rampage isn't the only to say that.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #23   8/12/07 4:56:14PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by mikevolz

i say he only has 1 more fight to prove himself. and thats barnett. and thats still a possibility.

I agree that Barnett is his only non- UFC fight left, but I wouldn't say he has anything to prove. He could retire right now ,and still have a nice legacy. However, if He still wants to go down as the greatest of all time, then I think he should sign with the UFc and fight all comers. His manager admitted the UFC's offer was better financially, it's the inability of his management and the UFC to agree on the other issues( Sambo, siging his teammates, and the IMO absurd co- promotion demand from his manager) that have yet to be agreed upon.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #24   8/12/07 5:01:06PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Rampage: "PRIDE treated their fighters like crap. When we spoke out in interviews they would get mad and treat us even worse. They got mad at me because I did interviews in Japan telling all the Japanese people how PRIDE was treating me. People think that karma is like if you do bad things that you'll come back as a roach or a bug or a fly but that's not right. Karma happens in this lifetime. What goes around comes around and PRIDE treated a lot of fighters like crap. You have no idea. I fought there so I know the inside scoop."

Really? All I have ever read from the european fighters is how well they were treated and how much they loved it.

Post #25   8/12/07 5:10:26PM   

Gladiator

In Full Mount

Gladiator Avatar

Career:896-523
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by zephead

Posted by cmill21

Really? All I have ever read from the european fighters is how well they were treated and how much they loved it.

i read that interview too and was thinking about it when i read that post by cmill. im not sure who all the european fighters are ur talking about but i imagine mirko and fedor are two of them which makes sense. ive heard the same from the best-of-the-best pride fighters like fedor, mirko, shogun, and wanderlei but it only makes sense that pride would treat them better because they cant afford to lose them. the ufc treats its top fighters better too, any org is gonna play favorites, but i think even though the ufc is criticised for its fighter pay it treats its fighters pretty good. the only fighter i can think of that has major complaints about the way the ufc does things is tito, i think the ufc will treat fedor very well if signs with them. there has to be more on fedors mind than the money otherwise IMO he would already be signed with the ufc.

Post #26   8/12/07 6:11:41PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
question to LR:

is it logical for fedor to go to elitexc? or whatever that is now, i mean its like 8 different companies merging together.

Post #27   8/12/07 9:44:17PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
this is so wrong if hes not in the ufc, it will cause debates for decades if he was the best heavyweight to fight and we shouldnt have to look back athis career that didnt end up in the ufc

Post #28   8/12/07 11:24:59PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Chips:
To answer the EliteXC question, in my opinion, I don't think they have the dough to throw at him. They certainly don't have the fighters to throw at him either. I haven't heard anything on Barnett in awhile. I know he's been training a number of female fighters in his camp, but I haven't heard about any organizations going after him aggressively.

Barnett vs. Fedor is probably the biggest matchup we want to see of two fighters who aren't in the UFC. And that fight surpasses any UFC matchup I really want to see right now. If K-1 can seriously make a play at both fighters and actually get them... the guard may shift, especially with fighters like Hunt still out there unsigned, and the untapped Russian Red Devil camp guys waiting for an opportunity to show the world some MMA. It's just a thought, a very good well-thought out possibility in my mind. We can't sit here and think the UFC is going to swallow everybody up just yet. PRIDE is gone, and now K-1 is still there, ready to pick up the Asian market media, and possibly make a big play off of what PRIDE did wrong. You can't deny the fact the Asian market is huge, we're talking 60,000-70,000 fans packed in an arena for one event. That surpasses the UFC numbers. Add that with a PPV contract to show to US fans as well, and the revenue can get massive with worldwide fans.

If I was the UFC, I'd do the same thing.

Post #29   8/13/07 9:41:36AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
If Fedor signs with EliteXC, after maybe two fights, there would be nobody left to fight that's even close to his level. Fedor has proven himself in Pride. He should do whatever makes him happy.
However, what'll make me happy is if he comes to the UFC, where they actually have legitimate competition. If he does, and succeed's, he'll cement his legacy as the #1 HW in MMA history.
Fedor's manager already conceded that the UFC's offer was the most lucrative. I think they'll let him fight in the SAMBO comp's but the whole co-promotion deal w/his manager is a joke. It'll never happen. There are plenty of more lucrative places to hold an event than Russia. They still have many places to go in Europe, and hopefully they'll eventually hold an event in Japan.
Even though I know Fedor isn't scared to fight anyone, it will look like he's dodging real competition if he doesn't sign w/the UFC.
I'm so sick of talking about this.
I wish he'd sign and have a fight scheduled. I believe he will and will fight in December or early '08.

Post #30   8/13/07 10:27:18AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3