Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Arona talks about his future

Print  
Posted By Message

gutoo

MMA Regular

gutoo Avatar

Career:35-16
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

The Brazilian fighter from BTT had a quick chat with the guys from tatame.com.br on the beach before going surfing, in Rio.

"All is cool, I'm training normally, but not too hard as I have no fight coming up. What I want is to enter the cage in the UFC soon, but I have been told by the UFC management that they won't be using me just yet, so it's out of my hands right now.
I think that the LHW division right now is awesome, and for sure it's the more exciting at the moment, if it was difficult before, imagine it now with all the Pride guys coming in..
I also think that Henderson will take the belt, but Rampage gets him in a good position, things can go the other way. Machida is very dangerous right now and getting better. Shogun will try to take Forest to the floor and will try to do his thing.." Said Arona.

Post #1   8/10/07 11:35:13PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I didn't read the whole thing lol, the UFC should get arona! this is BS.

Last edited 8/11/07 1:43AM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   8/10/07 11:38:39PM   

Canadian_MM_EH

Banned

Career:82-58
Chips:
He does have a win over Wand, he should get a lil respect....

Post #3   8/11/07 12:41:03AM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Canadian_MM_EH

He does have a win over Wand, he should get a lil respect....

I say hes decent i would rank him behind rampage,hendo,shogun,chuck,wandi,tito, and maybe even bisping in the ufc.

Post #4   8/11/07 5:06:20AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
ranking him behind bisping and tito is laughable imo. the guy is super strong, has proven he can beat top competition and the only guys who have beaten him are the absolute cream of the crop (sok still unproven but certainly seems to be a beast). bisping is totally unproven, although talented, and tito... well tito hasnt had a truly good showing in awhile.

Arona bjj and strength are incredible and he could beat anyone in the division at any time. The ufc needs to quit dragging their feet and get him in the cage so fans can get to know him. i cant understand why they would not put in one of the upcoming fights, considering it sounds as if he is ready to rock.

Last edited 8/11/07 7:51AM server time by jomatty
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/11/07 7:50:41AM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
ricardo is a hell of a fighter just watched pride final conflict the other day.......he smoked wandi in the semi-finals of the best middleweight tournament in mma history. They have an intense rivalry since its BTT verse chute box, however in the final he ran into a 23 year old Shogun and was dismantled. Nonetheless this dude is very capable of beating several ufc Light heavies and tat list includes chuck, tito, bisping, wandi. They should get him in th cage asap

Post #6   8/11/07 11:13:54AM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
I don't think Bisping stands a chance against him. Don't get me wrong, Bisping has helluva lot of potential, but until he steps into the ring and beats somebody like Tito, Liddell, Wanderlai, Hendo, Jackson, then you can't even consider him in the top 10. Great fighter however, plus Arona would likely manhandle him and Tito, and I like Tito.

I do think Arona is bitter when he says Hendo will beat Jackson... powerbomb must have him twitching.

Post #7   8/11/07 12:23:12PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by jomatty

ranking him behind bisping and tito is laughable imo. the guy is super strong, has proven he can beat top competition and the only guys who have beaten him are the absolute cream of the crop (sok still unproven but certainly seems to be a beast). bisping is totally unproven, although talented, and tito... well tito hasnt had a truly good showing in awhile.

Arona bjj and strength are incredible and he could beat anyone in the division at any time. The ufc needs to quit dragging their feet and get him in the cage so fans can get to know him. i cant understand why they would not put in one of the upcoming fights, considering it sounds as if he is ready to rock.

Yeah i dont know about Bisping but i definetly think Tito would beat him.

Post #8   8/11/07 2:18:52PM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
what has tito done in the last 5 years that would make you think he could beat arona? im not trying to be confrontational i just dont get it

Post #9   8/12/07 12:03:56AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Made that argument myself a time or two

Post #10   8/12/07 1:28:57AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by jomatty

Ranking above Bisping is a given to me,l as he has not beat a top fighter yet, Tito is not IMO. I'm not a Tito fan , but until I see Arona in the cage with elbows I'm not sure where to put him. Logically a cage and elbows should only improve with his style of fighting, but i still want to see it. I have Aronw#7 and Tito #8 in my personal rankings, but I think it;s a very close fight especially in the UFC.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   8/12/07 1:44:38AM   

gutoo

MMA Regular

gutoo Avatar

Career:35-16
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Arona has the perfect game to beat the tops in UFC,he is so strong and has a great BJJ
Ufc must to take him

Post #12   8/12/07 2:28:45AM