Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lets say forrest beats shogun........

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

rc_kobra

Learning to Sprawl

rc_kobra Avatar

Career:409-343
Camp: RGV Brian Smashers
Chips:
If he wins, that would be crazy , it would one of th biggest upsets in this year of upsets. If he wins he he would no doubt be back in the title picture.

Post #46   8/22/07 9:10:41PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Career:861-474
Camp: FiveKnucklesCrew
Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by MMA

...The Shogun nuthuggery is sickening ...

You, like most people have Shogun ranked as your #1 LHW, and converesly don't include Forrest in your top ten...

Is it really nutthuggery when the #1 fighter in a weightclass (arguably) is fighting an unranked guy, and most people go with #1? Forrest is a game opponent, but Shogun is the future of the LHW div...

Besides a punchers chance, he might be able to run around the octogon for three rounds avoiding a hurricane of fists, knees, feet, and now elbows... But iduno

I also don't have Forrest in the top ten and have Shogun in the top 5. But I also hadn't seen Forrest's last fight against Ramierez until the other night. I think Forrest did a phenominal job of keeping Rameirez guessing and reluctant in an otherwise agressive fighter. Forrrest showed some real growth in that fight.

nubby, when you watched the fight did you listen to Forrest's post fight interview? He was appologizing to Hector for running away from him. He said Hector caught him with a good shot and he had been ko'd in his last fight so he backpeddled against Hector. Growth--i dont think so, Fear--probably and a little smarter. Either way growth, fear, or smarter whatever he gained will not be enoug against shogun. Do you think DW thought "hey Forrest got ko'd by kj and then had a lackluster win, hmmm maybe i should give him a title shot" no i doubt it, not in that stacked division. it was probably more like DW was thinking "shogun is a bad dude, but not many ufc fans know him, so i think we will throw him a fan favorite, and the winner, lol shogun, can go fight for a title"

Post #47   8/23/07 2:41:23PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I don't really care what DW was thinking and I know what I saw. I don't really care what Forrest said in a post fight interview because the fight spoke for itself. Fear is only a bad thing if it prevents you from fighting. It didn't prevent Forrest from fighting, it prevented him from going in stupidly and allowing himself to get hit with everything but the kitchen sink. Growth... no two ways about it.

Post #48   8/23/07 3:23:37PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

I don't really care what DW was thinking and I know what I saw. I don't really care what Forrest said in a post fight interview because the fight spoke for itself. Fear is only a bad thing if it prevents you from fighting. It didn't prevent Forrest from fighting, it prevented him from going in stupidly and allowing himself to get hit with everything but the kitchen sink. Growth... no two ways about it.

sorry nubby but im going to beleive what forrest said in the cage since he fought and made the comment and not you, a keyboard nuthugger warrior. and if the fight spoke for itself it said: Forrest doesn't have enough heart to be champion. He would probably do better if you let go of his balls!

Post #49   8/23/07 6:08:17PM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SicJits

Posted by nubby

sorry nubby but im going to beleive what forrest said in the cage since he fought and made the comment and not you, a keyboard nuthugger warrior. and if the fight spoke for itself it said: Forrest doesn't have enough heart to be champion. He would probably do better if you let go of his balls!

Nice, you're trying to start a sherdog fight but I'll resist the troll job. Personally I'm not a Forrest Griffin TUF fan. My opinion about this up coming fight is merely a reflection of his success in the ring against Hector not the words he spoke afterwards. I'm glad you base your assessments on words rather than performance because it tells everyone else everything they need to know about you.

Post #50   8/23/07 7:02:08PM   

SicJits

MMA Regular

SicJits Avatar

Chips:
yeah its just words but from the guys mouth your trying to talk for

Post #51   8/23/07 11:32:53PM   

matthughes23

MMA Regular

matthughes23 Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:
If he wins, its the upset of upsets. He should not just be in the title picture, he should get the next shot.

Post #52   8/24/07 3:03:57AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Dana white will have a brain aneurysm, stroke, and heart attack, and profess his love for Tito Ortiz, haha.

Seriously, though, I think he'd probably have to wait one more fight just because either the Liddell-Jardine winner or Wanderlei probably will be placed ahead of him. But at the very least it should make his next fight a "win and he's #1 contender" deal.

Post #53   8/24/07 10:12:04AM   

macau

Learning to Sprawl

Career:76-59
Chips:
The only way forrest can win is, by grabbing shoguns legs so he falls over and dislocates his elbow.

Post #54   8/24/07 10:43:03AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Chips:

Posted by macau

The only way forrest can win is, by grabbing shoguns legs so he falls over and dislocates his elbow.

Yeah because Shogun is unbeatable.

Post #55   8/24/07 11:03:42AM   

evilhomer

Learning to Sprawl

evilhomer Avatar

Career:690-571
Camp: Paul Newmans Fight Club
Chips:
I honestly think Forrest is just a UFC workhorse they know he sells a fight good and he puts on a great show but to have him as champ when their is so much developing talent and established big names in the division would only result in the building up of Forrest to break him down later

And what would happen if Jardine schooled Chuck?? then would it be a rematch with Forrest?

Post #56   8/25/07 1:53:46PM   

chrismithers

MMA Regular

chrismithers Avatar

Career:242-158
Chips:
i find this funny i like how people say in this that if Forrest wins he should get a title shot which he did win. But now people are changing there opinons and saying why is he getting a title shot hes going to get killed. funny stuff

Post #57   6/27/08 7:46:00PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by chrismithers

i find this funny i like how people say in this that if Forrest wins he should get a title shot which he did win. But now people are changing there opinons and saying why is he getting a title shot hes going to get killed. funny stuff

hahaha you definitly deserve props for digging this up. WAR FORREST!!!!

Post #58   6/27/08 7:54:33PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4