Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

If Fedor doesn't sign with the UFC

Print  
would you say he is #1 not fighting the best?
yes 19 41%
no 27 59%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Well if people saying their are fighters that can beat fedor then he does have something to prove that he can beat them or they can beat him.

Post #16   8/9/07 9:27:09PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I dont want to see him lose well maybe if its a good fight and it proven it will happen the stars will line up and bam some day
he has proven himself to most fans but its differant now with new fans everyday most dont know how good he is we have to see how fedor can handle the cage training is one thing but any plan gets thrown out once he gets hit or pressed against the fence I think his style might transfer over vary well but we will have to see it may never happen in the UFC

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #17   8/10/07 12:33:21AM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Well if Fedor doesn't sign with the UFC and signs with another Org should he still be ranked #1 in the world if he is not fighting the top talent in the world?
would you vote for him to be #1 in 3 years if he hasn't fought any of the top talent in MMA?
I love Fedor he puts on a show with his exciting fights but if he isnt fighting the top talent
i wouldnt say hes #1 even tho he has beat most of them
people change with time so my vote would be NO

After watching his fights in Pride I don't think I could NOT say he's # 1. It would take a few years of not fighting the top level competition for me to drop him from the "#1 fighter in the world" ranking.

Hopefully he'll reach some sort of agreement with the UFC and we won't have this discussion later on down the road.

Post #18   8/10/07 9:20:10AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Right now, Fedor IS the #1 HW in the world, and maybe the best pound-for-pound. If he doesn't sign with the UFC, it will bother me on many levels. First, I want to see him fight against the best possible competition, which is in the UFC. Fedor already said that the contract the UFC offered was the most lucrative. If he doesn't sign w/the UFC, it's because of his idiot manager who wants to be in the middle of everything and make money for himself. He wants the UFC to let him organize events in Russia. Give me a break. They might have events in Russia, but their sure as hell not going to let him organize them.
Fedor needs to fight against Couture, AA, Sylvia, Gonzage, and Nog and CroCop again, and others. To make the most money and secure his legacy as the best HW in the world, possibly ever, he needs to come to the UFC. I believe he will sign w/the UFC before the end of September. I hope.

Post #19   8/10/07 10:28:09AM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
if he doesnt go to the UFC , he will fight a couple fights and retire from MMA, and will be remembered as the greatest Mixed martial artist in history......becuase he is undefeated(1loss but due to illegal elbow, and it was long ago).....so everyone will say that no one would have beat him if he ever fought in the ufc, and all the questions will be unasnwered as who would truly win if he fought in the UFC.........as for me i think he is the greatest MMA fighter in histroy and hope to see him in the cage soon, showing all the doubters that he is the greatest......

It would be kind of the same with Bruce Lee, everyone says he is great and that would would beat everyone in the UFC, same will be with fedor, everyone will remember him and the greastest and think he would beat every guy in the ufc......altough it never happened

Last edited 8/10/07 2:27PM server time by juanez13
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   8/10/07 2:27:01PM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,089-1,272
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
20dollars

Post #21   8/10/07 2:58:50PM   

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:
I love watching Fedor fight and don't want to see him loose in his UFC debut. I think that there is no doubt that he is right now the best heavyweight in the world but even as such I don't think it would be good for him to have a title shot in his UFC debut. If he does come to UFC he deserves a chance to adapt for a fight or two to the rules and octogon. I hope he does come and if he doesn't i'm not sure he can be considered #1 anymore. Pride talent and UFC talent are comprable but IMO bodog, or elite do not have the talent to compare with UFC.

Post #22   8/11/07 1:47:45AM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
I think he still his number one only because there ain't no one, heavy dominating the division right now

Post #23   8/11/07 11:59:46AM   

_GSP_

Learning to Sprawl

_GSP_ Avatar

Career:63-34
Camp: Canadians
Chips:
but for people saying that his a god or the number one p for p fighter thats not true i watch a couple of his fights and he ain't that great , his good no doubt but he his only lucky to be in a division that his weak there almost none complete fighters in there

Post #24   8/11/07 12:13:00PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by _GSP_

but for people saying that his a god or the number one p for p fighter thats not true i watch a couple of his fights and he ain't that great , his good no doubt but he his only lucky to be in a division that his weak there almost none complete fighters in there

What? You've watched a COUPLE of his fights? He aint that great? the division is weak? Are you serious? He fought Big Nog, CroCop, hell, he fought pretty much all the HW's in Pride. He is a complete dominating force that nobody has been able to handle yet. You need to go back and watch some more of his fights before you try and say that Fedor "aint that great." Since I've been coming to this website, that's the most uneducated post I've EVER seen.
Dude, you obviously don't know much about MMA. Hell, you probably think it's called ultimate fighting.

Last edited 8/11/07 6:59PM server time by Branwest
Edit note/reason: correction

Post #25   8/11/07 6:47:38PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by _GSP_

Just wow.....

Post #26   8/11/07 6:51:26PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
to be the best you gotta beat the best and if you look at his last fight with Matt Lindland a MW, he isn't fighting guys like Arlovski,Couture, Gonzaga, Sylvia, Kongo, I personally think that he keeps raising the offer because he doesn't want to go into the ufc and lose like Cro Cop did and get embarrassed.

Post #27   8/11/07 7:34:18PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Why would he be worried? He's fought the best striker's in mma, the best grapplers, the best everything and won decisivly. Thats rediculous.

Post #28   8/11/07 7:36:32PM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
im getting sick of fedor and all this bullcrap.....if he wants to prove himself as the number 1 HVWT in the world then he needs to prove it by coming to the ufc and fighting what they have to offer...because well never actually know if he can beat randy or tim sylvia or any other of the UFC HVWTs ( those are just examples by the way) IDK but im startin to get upset by all his bouncing around...if he doesnt fight some talent soon we might see him drop the the number two spot on the HVWT rankings.....

Post #29   8/12/07 1:29:40AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I just posted in another forum about how I really believe Fedor needs to sign with the UFC to cement his place as the greatest of all time. The main reason is yes, there is great competition there he has never fought, but also the good chance of him losing believe it or not.

Someone said that he doesnt want to be embarrased like Cro Cop was. Are you crazy? I think Cro Cop losing can only help his career, at least in my eyes and this is why, because the same thing I am about to say applies to him as well as Fedor and any fighter.

Being undefeated in NEVER all that great really. I want to see Fedor win, of course, but I also want to see him lose. Because the GREATEST feat in his career will be can he pick himself up and rebound. I think every great champion has to pick himself up off the floor and if Fedor wants to really establish himself as the all time great....he actually needs to lose to show everyone that he has the heart and determination of a champion.

Post #30   8/12/07 1:52:19AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3