Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

If Fedor signs

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Fedor needs to prove his worth in the cage if he signsif he doesnt win a fight well everyone loses

i dont see why fedor has to prove anything to anybody...if anything hes already more than proven himself

Last edited 8/9/07 8:46PM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   8/9/07 8:46:08PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-597
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
Well if Henderson goes straight to a title fight to join the belts, then Fedor better start with a title fight.

Post #17   8/9/07 9:06:34PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
Well, if he signed anytime soon, I'd say he'd debut at the Dec. 29th card, and make that an end of the year supercard with Liddell vs. Silva hopefully, and...

I want to see:

Fedor vs. Sylvia --> American fans would stupidly pick Sylvia because they'd say "Who is that Russian guy?" and then the face tenderizing would begin as Sylvia gets demolished by Fedor.

Or

Fedor vs. Arvloski --> Once again, American fans would pick Arvloski. Arvloski would cautiously try to counterpunch Fedor, in which he would then be thrown on the ground by Fedor's superior Sambo and probably get submitted.

Those are the two fighters not scheduled yet, and they have the best chance, unless Vera literally begs Dana to put him up to fight Fedor. That's the way I see it.

Post #18   8/10/07 10:03:13AM   

backalley101

bARE pALM bOMBS

backalley101 Avatar

Career:2,170-1,332
Chips:
First of all, just like anybody I would like to see Fedor in the UFC. I hear people say that Dana White should just give in to Fedor, so that he can fight in the UFC. From Dana White's position, I understand completely. He should not change his policy on contracts just for one fighter. If he were to give in to these ridiculous demands, except for Sambo, the backlash from that would be too great. All other fighters would try to hold out on their own contracts to achieve the same results. That is not good for the sport. So good luck in Russia, Fedor.

Post #19   8/10/07 2:53:10PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
ok Fedor will fight for the title shot imediatley if he is signed which was said by Dana but Fedor said he would like to have at least one non-title fight before a title-fight, but he said if he has to fight for the title right away he wouldn't mind, and also the only demands Fedor and his people have made are that they let him compete in Combat-Sambo tourneys not that they sign red devils fighters or that they have an event in Russia, the only that was said there was that the UFC is the most finnacialy lucrative deal but other companys have OFFERED to sign other red devil fighters if Fedor signs, Fedor and his people never requested this upon the UFC and, Fedor's manager did not request but made a suggestion that holding a UFC event in Russia would be a great idea because he could organize everything for them easily, it was never demanded as a request to get Fedor to sign

Post #20   8/11/07 12:53:37PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,321-858
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by The_Grim_Reaper

ok Fedor will fight for the title shot imediatley if he is signed which was said by Dana but Fedor said he would like to have at least one non-title fight before a title-fight, but he said if he has to fight for the title right away he wouldn't mind, and also the only demands Fedor and his people have made are that they let him compete in Combat-Sambo tourneys not that they sign red devils fighters or that they have an event in Russia, the only that was said there was that the UFC is the most finnacialy lucrative deal but other companys have OFFERED to sign other red devil fighters if Fedor signs, Fedor and his people never requested this upon the UFC and, Fedor's manager did not request but made a suggestion that holding a UFC event in Russia would be a great idea because he could organize everything for them easily, it was never demanded as a request to get Fedor to sign

to be honest with you i see exactly the way you see it...i was almost pretty sure that he didnt make the red devil request and the russia show thing...its all how u perceive wat u read...i just happened to see it like u

Post #21   8/11/07 4:52:55PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I didn't percieve it that way. I thought that Fedor's manager was just trying to weasel his way in to making himself some money. I think Dana will let Fedor compete in SAMBA comp's as long as they don't interfere w/his fights in the UFC. Also, I think the UFC will eventually have an event in Russia, but there's no way Dana and the Fertitas will let his manager organize it. Their working their way through Europe, and right now, there are more lucrative places to hold an event than Russia. Fedor shouldn't mind this, he won't have to travel much more than he did w/Pride, especially not if he fights at an event in Europe.

Post #22   8/11/07 6:57:58PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Yeah right now no one really knows whats going on. I think dana will make it happen. I think fedor will fight in sambo and the UFC, and he will probly do what Mirko's doing and fight as many times as he can in europe.

Post #23   8/11/07 7:02:37PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2