Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

If Fedor signs

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
If Fedor and Zuffa do end up reaching an agreement on thursday...when do you think he would make his debut...or better yet who will his debut be against??

I personally think that Zuffa will not give him a "warm up" match or matches like they did mirko...i mean signing fedor would be the biggest mma news since Pride got purchased...can u imagine the sales fedor could generate with the right marketing and exposure to the american fight fans...hes such an entertaining fighter that i think once people in the US catch on an find out who he is they'll be clawing for the ppv or tickets to the show...like i said i dont think that Zuffa can risk fedor losing in his debut matches against unknown fighters like crocop did...i think that fedor will get a straight title shot just because..well...hes fedor...dana knows how beneficial for the UFC fedor would be...he just doesnt show it...hes just like fedor is no big deal an if doesnt sign then he doesnt sign..surely dana is smarter than that...i would be doin everything in my power to get fedor to sign with my company...fedor=$$ & exciting fights much like rampage and chuck...sylvia=snore...arvloski=snore...crocop=rematch with fedor which also = MASSIVE ppv sales...i just dont get dana and why he has to be an ass an not let him compete in sambo....

anways when and who do u think he would make his debut against??

Post #1   8/9/07 5:41:02PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i think if he does get signed than he will fight the champ....that probably be the winner og gg vs randy........but that all depends when he would be fighting, if the wait is too long than they'll proly have another heavy weight title fight, maybe Big nog or whoever, and than fedor will fight the winner of that....

but to tell u the truth, fedors demands are WAYYYY to much......like the sambo tournaments would be ok if it doesnt get in the way of him fighting for the UFC....but the other two are juss bullshit, like signing a bunch of other red devil fighters, if the wanna be in the ufc than they should earntheir spots, and the other demand is for the ufc to do an event in russia, thats just stupid, fedor and his manager and whoever else should have nothint to do where the UFC doesnt it events..........

if they ar able to work this out, than the chances are great of fedor getting signed, after all the agreed on the amount of money he would be paid

Post #2   8/9/07 5:57:59PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

i think if he does get signed than he will fight the champ....that probably be the winner og gg vs randy........but that all depends when he would be fighting, if the wait is too long than they'll proly have another heavy weight title fight, maybe Big nog or whoever, and than fedor will fight the winner of that....

but to tell u the truth, fedors demands are WAYYYY to much......like the sambo tournaments would be ok if it doesnt get in the way of him fighting for the UFC....but the other two are juss bullshit, like signing a bunch of other red devil fighters, if the wanna be in the ufc than they should earntheir spots, and the other demand is for the ufc to do an event in russia, thats just stupid, fedor and his manager and whoever else should have nothint to do where the UFC doesnt it events..........

if they ar able to work this out, than the chances are great of fedor getting signed, after all the agreed on the amount of money he would be paid

i agree with u totally on the other red devil fighters and the show that he wants in russia...but idk WAT would it hurt to have a show in russia??...imo i think that there will be a ufc show in russia eventually but since fedor demands it then dana sees it as weakness on his behalf if he gives in to fedor an his management...do u agree??

Post #3   8/9/07 6:01:57PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I say maybe december or janurary against like a b or c class fighter.

Post #4   8/9/07 6:30:10PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Him and arlovski, just to see how bad aa will get his ass kicked.

Post #5   8/9/07 6:32:55PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

I say maybe december or janurary against like a b or c class fighter.

so u think that Zuffa will risk him losing in his debut instead of him possibly beating the champ at the first crack?

Post #6   8/9/07 6:33:24PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Him and arlovski, just to see how bad aa will get his ass kicked.

ha i think that would be a very entertaining and interesting fight

Post #7   8/9/07 6:34:37PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
george i dont know if i would agree with you totally.........dana has been takin about UFC goin worldwide.....and he said next were italy, spain, etc....but he didnt mention russia, so they must not be in a hurry to be there, i agree with you that it will eventually happen, but it will probably happen in 2010 or 2009, and bodog didnt do so well in russia(correct me if i am wrong, just something i've heard) ........and fedor manager wants to organize it too, so i think thats too much, he should have nothing to do with that..........

but what i think too is that fedor is not the one who is making all this demands
( sambo tourny is probably him) but i think the rest are his managers request from what i've heard.....

Post #8   8/9/07 6:39:12PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,790-1,126
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

If Fedor and Zuffa do end up reaching an agreement on thursday...when do you think he would make his debut...or better yet who will his debut be against??

I personally think that Zuffa will not give him a "warm up" match or matches like they did mirko...i mean signing fedor would be the biggest mma news since Pride got purchased...can u imagine the sales fedor could generate with the right marketing and exposure to the american fight fans...hes such an entertaining fighter that i think once people in the US catch on an find out who he is they'll be clawing for the ppv or tickets to the show...like i said i dont think that Zuffa can risk fedor losing in his debut matches against unknown fighters like crocop did...i think that fedor will get a straight title shot just because..well...hes fedor...dana knows how beneficial for the UFC fedor would be...he just doesnt show it...hes just like fedor is no big deal an if doesnt sign then he doesnt sign..surely dana is smarter than that...i would be doin everything in my power to get fedor to sign with my company...fedor=$$ & exciting fights much like rampage and chuck...sylvia=snore...arvloski=snore...crocop=rematch with fedor which also = MASSIVE ppv sales...i just dont get dana and why he has to be an ass an not let him compete in sambo....

I dont think CroCop vs Fedor would be a good fight this year to bring in $$ do to the fact that the avg fan(most of my friend dont know pride fighters) would want to see the #1 figher in the world vs Cro Cop when everyone saw Cro Cop get his head knocked off maybe after CroCop kills some people and Fedor wins the title then hello rematch

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #9   8/9/07 7:06:54PM   

wilwith1l

MMA Regular

wilwith1l Avatar

Career:23-10
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by george112

I dont think CroCop vs Fedor would be a good fight this year to bring in $$ do to the fact that the avg fan(most of my friend dont know pride fighters) would want to see the #1 figher in the world vs Cro Cop when everyone saw Cro Cop get his head knocked off maybe after CroCop kills some people and Fedor wins the title then hello rematch

Both Cro-Cop and Big Nog had really bad showings, and GG is a no name to tha average fan. He's just the guy that caught CC. Randy is beloved by all. There aren't enough names in HW right now for the big money from the average Uh-merican.

Post #10   8/9/07 7:13:08PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by juanez13

george i dont know if i would agree with you totally.........dana has been takin about UFC goin worldwide.....and he said next were italy, spain, etc....but he didnt mention russia, so they must not be in a hurry to be there, i agree with you that it will eventually happen, but it will probably happen in 2010 or 2009, and bodog didnt do so well in russia(correct me if i am wrong, just something i've heard) ........and fedor manager wants to organize it too, so i think thats too much, he should have nothing to do with that..........

but what i think too is that fedor is not the one who is making all this demands
( sambo tourny is probably him) but i think the rest are his managers request from what i've heard.....

yur right i didnt mean that russia would be in the near future but in a marketing point of view russia is pretty prime for mma exposure espesially for the UFC...i do think that fedors managers are to demanding...i dont see why THEY have to organize it...but time will tell i can only hope that fedor does sign an see how he fairs with the likes of the UFC heavywieght division which i also think he will control

Post #11   8/9/07 7:15:52PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by george112

you are right cro cop does need to get his name back out there witha coupla head kick ko's then hype there first fight and fedor an let em go at it

Post #12   8/9/07 7:18:27PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
Should Fedor sign, I feel he should fight once before having a title shot and that it should be against Tim Sylvia due to the fact that Sylvia is the former champ and had stated numerous times he wanted the best. After everyone witnesses what Fedor does to Sylvia, imagine how the excitement for a championship fight will translate into PPV sales.
I would love to hear that Fedor has signed but the reality is that the UFC has done fine without him and will continue to do so. It would be in Fedors best interest to sign as UFC is now the pinnacle of MMA. Or he could stay in Bodog and fight in the middle of a jungle for 25 Peruvian goat herders, beat up Barnett for another 5-6 years and slowly slip into obscurity outside of Russia.

-OUT-

Post #13   8/9/07 7:37:54PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Ok first off dana said fedor would most likely fight for the title in his debut could be bad for fedor essentially. But it could be like this if fedor and his managers have all these demands to sign him, he might not get an automatic title shot. As far as an event in russia dont see that as a good idea and fedors manager setting it up, shit he doesnt run the UFC. I can see why i would be mad about the sambo, could get injuried, could cost ufc some money. Shit it just needs to be straight forward your in or your out.

Post #14   8/9/07 7:44:52PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,790-1,126
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Fedor needs to prove his worth in the cage if he signsif he doesnt win a fight well everyone loses

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #15   8/9/07 7:59:53PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2