Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Joe Stevenson could fight for title with a win at UFC 74 (and some help)

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jack

Learning to Sprawl

jack Avatar

Career:197-166
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

Joe Stevenson would get destroyed by BJ Penn. What Dana needs to do is give his head a shake and sign Gomi. Get Melendez, Aoki and Sakurai. Stevenson would get beat by all of them. Those are real LWs.

Actually Dana should just sign Diaz again so he can smoke all of them.

my sentiments exactly

Post #16   8/9/07 5:27:28PM   

peachfuzzz1305

Banned

Career:60-35
Chips:
NICE

:

Post #17   8/9/07 6:00:24PM   

Untouchable

Learning to Sprawl

Untouchable Avatar

Career:17-16
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by jack

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

Joe Stevenson would get destroyed by BJ Penn. What Dana needs to do is give his head a shake and sign Gomi. Get Melendez, Aoki and Sakurai. Stevenson would get beat by all of them. Those are real LWs.

my sentiments exactly

YEEEEEEEA because Diaz would really beat Gomi in a rematch, if you believe that then I feel sorry for you. Melendez would mop the floor with Diaz, as would Sakurai, and Aoki would sub him. Sorry you don't know any mma fighters outside of UFC, and the only Gomi fight you ever saw was vs Diaz.

Post #18   8/9/07 6:20:03PM   

Tons33

MMA Regular

Tons33 Avatar

Career:30-13
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
BJ is what i think Joe eventually wants to be. They remind me of one another in more in just the look. Joe wants no part of BJ anywhere in that octagon.

Post #19   8/9/07 7:20:28PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
that sounds good and it should not go very far if he does fight bj tho

Post #20   8/9/07 8:00:39PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Finally all the BJ lovers will see what he is really made of... not enough to beat Joe.

Post #21   8/9/07 11:07:18PM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,416-941
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by Untouchable

Posted by jack

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

my sentiments exactly

YEEEEEEEA because Diaz would really beat Gomi in a rematch, if you believe that then I feel sorry for you. Melendez would mop the floor with Diaz, as would Sakurai, and Aoki would sub him. Sorry you don't know any mma fighters outside of UFC, and the only Gomi fight you ever saw was vs Diaz.

Are you drunk? First off, you don't know me enough to pass judgement on my mma knowledge; secondly, Melendez doesn't have enough skill, Aoki would NEVER submit him and he was getting high when he destroyed Gomi. Get your mind right.

Post #22   8/10/07 12:06:13AM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
This is cool and all, but I think Sherk-Penn would've been a better match than Stevenson-Penn. I was actually excited to hear about that fight, but after this steroids crap, I hope Sherk can clear that up so the REAL UFC LW champ can fight against a deserving contender.....

Post #23   8/10/07 12:42:25AM   

Rico

Learning to Sprawl

Career:18-17
Chips:

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

Posted by jack

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

my sentiments exactly

Are you drunk? First off, you don't know me enough to pass judgement on my mma knowledge; secondly, Melendez doesn't have enough skill, Aoki would NEVER submit him and he was getting high when he destroyed Gomi. Get your mind right.

I have to disagree. Melendez doesn't have the skill??? Yet Joe Riggs did??? Aoki would have a great chance at subbing Diaz. And the fact Diaz was high enabled him to obsorb more punishment. He left the fight injured and beat up. Gomi would beat him IMO in a rematch with ease.

Post #24   8/10/07 1:06:38AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Now that Sherks appeal has been put back to 31st OCT and they wanted to have the LW title fight at UFC 78 which is Mid Nov then what they NEED TO DO is this -

Schedule Daddy (if he beats Kurt at 74 that is, if not then Huerta if he wins) fighting BJ at UFC 78 for the Interim title, meanwhile make Sherk prepare and train to fight, and then once we know the result of the appeal either make it for the vacant title or have Sherk take Daddy/Huertas place

Last edited 8/10/07 8:57AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   8/10/07 8:56:21AM   

AndrewRJ

Learning to Sprawl

Career:100-71
Camp: B-WOOD
Chips:
diaz is dirty the first goma plata ive ever seen pulled off in an mma fight,

Post #26   8/10/07 12:50:36PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
i think we should also mention din thomas in the lightweight title talk. thomas has 3 straight wins in the ufc against some formidable opponents. someone mentioned huerta, but he did not impress me in his last fight even though he got the win. i would like to see the winner of thomas/florian fight stevenson for the title.

Post #27   8/10/07 3:28:08PM   

Raiderz757

MMA Regular

Raiderz757 Avatar

Career:168-130
Chips:
sounds like it could b an awesome fight

Post #28   8/10/07 4:40:16PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
This is the way I see it breaking done if Kenflo wins his next fight he's got a title shot, and if Stevenson and Huerta both win their next fights they will fight each other and the winner of that fight will get a shot at the title.

Post #29   8/11/07 12:48:57AM   

brutalbones

MMA Regular

brutalbones Avatar

Career:1,416-941
Camp: UHF Supplies
Chips:

Posted by Rico

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

Posted by jack

Posted by brutalbones

Posted by Untouchable

my sentiments exactly

I have to disagree. Melendez doesn't have the skill??? Yet Joe Riggs did??? Aoki would have a great chance at subbing Diaz. And the fact Diaz was high enabled him to obsorb more punishment. He left the fight injured and beat up. Gomi would beat him IMO in a rematch with ease.

Melendez would get sub'd instantly, Aoki MIGHT have a chance if it went to the ground, and have you ever smoked weed before? It DOES NOT give you the ability to obsorb punishment. He would smoke Gomi faster than the blunt he faced in the parking lot before the fight.

Post #30   8/13/07 11:17:40PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2