Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

how do fight camps work?

Print  
Posted By Message

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
what sort of arrangements do most fighters have with their fight teams and gyms they work out at? its hard to imagine that on what a lot of these guys, even guys who are relatively famous, make that they could afford to pay much for their training.

are most well known fighters something that people want on their team for the exposure? do the team leaders, like couture or militech get a small % or what? do the guys just pay the rates like everyone else? if so what does it cost to train with top level trainers like couture, greg jackson, or at a less famous but impressive place like the pit, AKA, american top team or something like that?

im just always curious what happens behind the scenes in these scenarios.

Post #1   8/9/07 6:34:40AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
none has any information about this or is it just too stupid a question to be answered?

Post #2   8/11/07 8:25:37AM   

mexicankiller13

Learning to Sprawl

mexicankiller13 Avatar

Career:1,082-634
Chips:
For what I know they dont pay a lot to train I have some talks with Xtreme Couture because I will move , Mike Pyle tell me to go 2 weeks for 150 to see what happens , But it depends because some fighters train kids or 1 discipline in the GYM so is diferent for every fighter becauese you can help to in the corner or it depends in the Sponsors a lot of thinks.But its graet to be in a Camp .With famous fighters it can change but that I dont know at all I hope I help you with thinks that I know

Post #3   8/12/07 1:12:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
The only trainer I know of who doesn't earn a part of his fighter's earnings is Greg jackson. There may be others though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   8/12/07 3:00:43AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
as far as I know, a lot of camps host tryouts regularly to get a spot on "the team" or competition team, but thats usually for people who have been training at the gym before hand. if your planning on switching your gym/camp I'm sure it would be a little different. and once your on that level, it usually comes down to a % of winnings.

Last edited 8/12/07 4:36PM server time by bayonetxwork
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/12/07 4:34:28PM   

hado3

Barred

hado3 Avatar

Career:238-133
Camp: Team Corral
Chips:
no fight camps or trainers get any part of a fighters pay or sponsers, if they have to pay then they pay like everyone else

greg jackson's is free

after a year of training with militich it is free

I know its expensive as hell to train at legends

like 350 a month

Post #6   8/13/07 3:59:05AM