Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I don't think BJ's on the list because no one knows where he's fighting. His next fight is against some 155, after that who knows. Now the matt serra ranking is obviously debateable, and it should be. If you beat the best and are the champ can you not say he is the best? To some no, including me, I think GSP has more experience and is a much better technical fighter, but he did beat the best and is the champ so for now I suppose he deserves his ranking.

They had Hendo ranked among the LHW's and MW's, so why didn't they rank B.J. among LW's and WW's? That isn't the reason. Obviosly they left him out for another reason, I just don't know what that reason is.

Post #31   8/9/07 10:54:50AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Chips:
People shouldn't pay so much attention to mmaweekly's ratings. Some are legit, many are sh*t.
Also, the dude who said that Serra's BJJ was "second to none," you need crazy pills. His BJJ is great, but second to none? I think not.
I'd like to see Faber fight some grade A competition. Faber is awesome, goes 1000 mph, gives 110% every fight, and is relentless. He doesn't stop coming at you until the fight is over. He's a great fighter, but he's still young. I think he should be rated higher than #5 and in a few years, will be the undisputed #1 FW in the world. (Of course by that time, someone else may come along because the talent pool of mma keeps growing and growing and getting better and better).

Post #32   8/9/07 11:05:24AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Branwest

Posted by cmill21

I don't think BJ's on the list because no one knows where he's fighting. His next fight is against some 155, after that who knows. Now the matt serra ranking is obviously debateable, and it should be. If you beat the best and are the champ can you not say he is the best? To some no, including me, I think GSP has more experience and is a much better technical fighter, but he did beat the best and is the champ so for now I suppose he deserves his ranking.

They had Hendo ranked among the LHW's and MW's, so why didn't they rank B.J. among LW's and WW's? That isn't the reason. Obviosly they left him out for another reason, I just don't know what that reason is.

Well, henderson's the pride mw, and lhw champ....

Post #33   8/9/07 12:40:20PM   

ultimatefight56

Learning to Sprawl

Career:283-162
Chips:
most of those i dont agree with..Faber at #5, BJ not ranked, Serra #1 WW and there is alot more

Post #34   8/9/07 1:08:12PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Untouchable

Posted by cmill21

Posted by MoJoy

I dont personally have Matt Serra in Welterweight rankings top 10, but I have no problem with him being ranked number 1. Where my eye brow moving is brought to the forefront is overall these rankings for someone on this site, would be allright. nothing special, all right, but for a heralded web site, they are awful.

Nick Diaz is fighting at lightweight for the moment and has to be top 5

BJ Penn has to be considered a lightweight until he fights at welterweight, and if they have a head they would rank him 1.

Dan Henderson at number 5 at MW. That is beyond retarded, he is the clear number 1. Do you think Anderson could beat Babalu,Wandy,Big Nog,Shogun?

Lawler and Trigg are not top 10 guys. And where is Shamrock and Okami?

Werdum should not be top 10, and Barnett is placed too high, he beat Randy on roids and would lose the rematch. Cro Cop is still top 10, but no way in hell at number 3 at this point until we see improvement.

Come on, no Gonzaga and Vera in the top 10, those could are maybe top 5.

Anyone who says these rankings are good does not know MMA. Look at my rankings, you may not rank exactly the same, but you will see every one of my picks has sense to it. TrueJammer.

Until you see improvement? Oh yeah I forgot he lost once so he needs to improve....Barnett isn't top 5? ummmm any reason why? Why should vera be in the top 10? because he beat frank mir? No gg isn't top 5 unless he beats randy, then he'll be #3 and everyone else will move down. Hendo isn't higher because he doesn't have a ton of big wins at 185....most are at LHW or HW. I looked at your "rankings" all I had to do was see brandon vera at 3 and Mirko at 8 and I laughed.....Please use some kind of actual reasoning.

Don't waste your breath bro. I was going to quote people who responded to my post, but there was 3 or so that were going on and on and making no sense.

Mark Hunt isn't top 10?? He gave Fedor his toughest fight in years, beat Cro Cop decisively (it wasn't close, Cro Cop ran away the whole fight and Hunt walked through head kicks and threw bombs) and dropped Wanderlei twice, and reversed him on the ground. Sorry you never saw those fights, and if you did, you should watch them again. How is Mark Hunt not top 10?? 5-3?? That's why?? Look at Randy Couture's record, his winning percentage isn't the best either. Hunt has lost all three (Yoshida, Barnett, Fedor) by submission. Those names are pretty impressive, Yoshida was his first mma fight, and name one UFC HW that will beat him. Sylvia?? Please, Hunt would knock his head into the 5th row. Vera??? Gonzaga?? Gonzaga has the best chance, because he has submission abilities, but Hunt is growing every fight (as evidenced by the Fedor fight) and would KNOCK OUT RANDY inside 2 rounds. Mark Hunt would destroy Randy Couture. That's why he's top 10. In all actuality he should be top 5, ask Cro Cop.

That other guy who contradicted himself every sentence, I don't understand half of what you're saying. Those FW's would hand Faber his ass, that's a fact.

Finally you have somebody trying to argue Franklin should rank above Hendo at 185. Why?? He beat Jason MacDonald?? The Crow??? Nate Quarry??? Misaki is top 10, definitely. He took Hendo to the brink twice, and beat Denis Kang. That's top 10.

To be the man you have to beat the man, which is why Matt Serra should be and is number 1. Who else would it be?? GSP?? LOL...Hughes??? LOL Of course it's Serra. Get a grip.

Finally, Chuck being ranked ahead of Hendo. First of all rankings aren't based entirely on history, the last 205 Chuck beat was Tito, and he was knocked out inside 2 minutes in his last fight. Hendo knocked out Wanderlei in his last fight, and IS THE RECOGNIZED PRIDE LHW CHAMPION. That's why there's NO WAY Chuck deserves to be ranked ahead of Hendo. He shouldn't even be ranked ahead of Wanderlei, before Silva got knocked out, he was on a way better run at 205 (his only loss being a UD vs Arona in 5 years) and ko'd Rampage twice.

PRIDE nuthuggers?? I love how people say that. It's always the UFC groupies like that zephead guy that make statements like that. Anderson Silva is OBVIOUSLY a PRIDE fighter, he fought there 5 times, Mecca is nothing, and just because A. Silva couldn't hang in PRIDE and left doesn't mean he wasn't a PRIDE representative for years. I recall him beating Carlos Newton over there. PRIDE is gone, but until Zuffa announces it's officially dead and buried, it's still alive as a brand, as evidenced by the Hendo-Rampage thing. PRIDE had NFL stars, where as UFC was the CFL. PRIDE had WAY better fighters and WAY better fights, those are facts, not opinions, sorry if the truth hurts.

I'm a UFC groupie and I called someone a "Pride Nuthugger"? Don't come on here as some now-it-all. Majority of the posts on here are opinions. Your opinion is no better then anyone else's. I have read some of your posts and it seems like you won't be on here long at all. My opinion is the Silva isn't a Pride fighter. He fought 5 out of 17 fights in Pride and now he's in the UFC. His last 4 fights weren't in Pride. So in my opinon he isn't a Pride fighter.

You make a post like this in the thread about Vitors sister This world's a tragic place. satan's influence is huge, yet some are so ignorant and blind in their own mind they don't recognize it. She's in Heaven, may Jesus forgive her and her family for their sins, and may all of them serve the Lord when their time on this earth is over. God bless Vitor and his family, and may his sister be in Heaven. Amen. And then turn around a praise BJ for hitting a cop and call cops pigs. My wife is a cop. So some maturity on here.

This is a MMA forum where people come to have some fun wagering and talking about MMA.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #35   8/9/07 1:09:35PM   

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
Untouchable acts like a hypocrite with a holier than thou atttitude, and he talks a lot of hot air.

CMill sorry to offend, I think your wrong if you don't rank Gonzaga over Cro Cop. Yes Cro cop has to show improvement, one loss? are you kidding me? Gonzaga beat him in every phase of the game, if Cro cop wins the rematch, more power to him, it's funny how you have him on your avatar and think I believe you look at things fairly.

Last edited 8/9/07 9:34PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #36   8/9/07 1:52:44PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Lol man, who has vera at #3? Your "rankings" if they can be called that should not have Mirko lower then #4, vera and arlovski should not be higher then 8, barnetts not out of the top 5. As for Mirko losing you really need to watch more then one of his fights. I get that your restricted to the UFC, but man don't tell people to look at your rankings when you have a guy at #8 who has beat many many great fighters and fought all the great ones and always puts up a great fight, and then you put a guy at #3 who has beat frank mir, who may at one time in his career been good, but when they fought he wasn't near the same as he once was. Seriously man, you can't even believe the stupid things your saying. Oh and if your so into "he beat him so he's better" then how the hell can you have josh ahead of Mirko? Mirko beat him up (badly) 3 out of 3....whats up with that?

Last edited 8/9/07 2:07PM server time by cmill21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #37   8/9/07 2:06:13PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,802-1,135
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
wow took a while to get here so here we go
So lets start with Serra if you the champ in the top Org you should be #1 if not him its GSP and he killed GSP so hmmmmmmm he #1
now with BJ well it sucks that hes not on the list but hell get there soon if he fights for a striped title

Here is a good question if Fedor doesnt sign with UFC and all the top talent should he be ranked #1 is hes not fighting the best well I wouldnt vote for him to be #1 if hes not fighting the top HW

To all the people that call fighters Pride fighters well pride is dead move on with it they are becomming UFC fighters

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #38   8/9/07 6:40:24PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Chips:
I agree with you completely Zephead. That guy is totally contradicting, hypocritical, and immature. Some ppl just never grow up. My bro's a cop and I'm a probation and parole officer.
Also, regarding the previous post, I believe Fedor will come to the UFC just as soon as his manager gets over himself (or is fired) and even if he doesn't, you still can't deny that he's the #1 HW in the world.
Also, this is something that's been bothering be since I started coming to this website. I'm so sick of these ppl who either love PRIDE or love the UFC. What the hell? I love both, and have loved both for years. Why do some of these ppl act like you can only like one? Look, both are great organizations. PRIDE was, I repeat, WAS, probably a better organization, but with what's happened, you can't deny that the UFC IS the #1 MMA organization in the world now. I don't see why you can't like both org's and why ppl feel like they have to pledge their loyalty/allegiance to one while hating on other org's. Can't you enjoy MMA as a whole and stop hating on ppl who think differently. That's what this country is founded and based upon: ppl having different opinions, beliefs, religions, etc. I'm so sick of ppl arguing about which org is better. Who cares, just enjoy MMA as a whole.

Post #39   8/10/07 9:07:45AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3