Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mark Kerr Set For Return

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Promoters are pointing to the Global FC debut of Mark Kerr on August 17 to illustrate that their new promotion is making good on its promise to bring top tier Mixed Martial Arts competitors to the East Coast.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/8/07 2:56:54PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I like Kerr and would like to see him come back and do well, but I think father time has caught up with him and he will be decent (at best) competition to the average MMAer.

Post #2   8/8/07 4:57:16PM   

ultimatefight56

Learning to Sprawl

Career:283-162
Chips:
I really dont think this is smart on Kerr's part...

He is 39 years old, past his prime, he has lost his last 5 five fights, even though they were to Herring, Yamamoto, Vovchanchyn, Whitehead and a notable loss to unheard off fighter in the 1st round.

He is 6'3 255lb and I'm sure his cardio is worse than ever.

I'm behind Mark Kerr and I'm rooting for him but this might be a BIG mistake

Post #3   8/8/07 8:53:13PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
Kerr sould just give it up hes not what he used to be and will never have a successful comeback or MMA Career, it sucks to see him tarnish his record more than it already is. Plus his last two comeback attempts in the IFL and Cage Rage didnt turn out that well so why would this be any different.

Post #4   8/8/07 11:36:09PM   

TOMMYAYO05

MMA Sensei

TOMMYAYO05 Avatar

Career:481-312
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Kerr sould just give it up hes not what he used to be and will never have a successful comeback or MMA Career, it sucks to see him tarnish his record more than it already is. Plus his last two comeback attempts in the IFL and Cage Rage didnt turn out that well so why would this be any different.

I agree man i really like kerr and all but just stay retired man

Post #5   8/9/07 1:11:43AM   

thepunisher

In Full Mount

thepunisher Avatar

Career:338-213
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
if he doesn't beat this wwf guy he needs to hang it up

i am a huge Mark Kerr fan i would love to see him return to his glory days. But i really don't want to see him get hurt bad. It is like Saku I love watching the guy fight but i am afraid that he could get seriously hurt ever time he steps in the ring now.

Post #6   8/9/07 11:19:34AM