Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Exclusive Interview with Chuck Liddell’s Trainer and Manager, John Hackleman.

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
This week Jabsngrabs.com spoke at great length with former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck “The Iceman” Liddell’s manager and trainer, John Hackleman.

LINK 1

LINK 2

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   8/8/07 2:54:42PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
Good interview. However I don't know what he meant about the fighters being "even." He was either talking about Jardine and Rua, or Griffin and Rua. Whichever, it's still crap.
I've waited so long for the Liddell/Silva fight I almost don't care anymore. Ah, who am I kidding, I'm counting the days.

Post #2   8/8/07 3:34:10PM   

Untouchable

Learning to Sprawl

Untouchable Avatar

Career:17-16
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
Shogun and Chuck aren't even in the same league. Look at Shogun's skill set, the competition he's already faced, and his age. Imagine Shogun at 30.

Rampage poking out stomach, in hilarious voice "I'm Chuck Liddell"

Post #3   8/8/07 6:52:27PM   

Untouchable

Learning to Sprawl

Untouchable Avatar

Career:17-16
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
LOL just read the interview, he says Shogun and Jardine are the same talent-wise. He thinks Shogun "is just another guy", but it doesn't sound like he knows the names of any fighters (that blonde guy from AKA, the other wrestler) so he's probably never even seen Shogun dismantle Rampage.

Either way, I can't wait for Shogun to get his title shot. Finally. After he beats Forrest (at best for Forrest he'll last 15) I hope he gets Hendo, so he can avenge Wanderlei's defeat like he wanted to. Whether it's Rampage or Hendo, it's the Shogun era, and I can't wait.

Post #4   8/8/07 6:59:53PM   

LR

In Full Mount

LR Avatar

Career:638-326
Chips:
I was somewhat convinced Hackleman was delussional from a few interviews before the Liddell fight happened with Rampage, this kind of proves it.

Post #5   8/8/07 9:01:02PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I'd love to Henderson vs Shogun. I can see it now.

Post #6   8/9/07 1:32:27AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I love Shogun. He's #2 of my fav fighters. However, putting him in the cage takes away from some of his aggressive fighting techniques. He'll still do great, but the PRIDE rules complimented his fighting style. Such as his vicious stomps and brutal soccer kicks to the face. Granted, he'll still be able to use his leg, body, and head kicks, and his kness (which he uses almost better than anyone), and his great BJJ. Also, it'll be great to see the addition of him being able to use his elbows. Watch out LHW's!!

Post #7   8/9/07 10:25:49AM