Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Woman confesses to murder of Priscila Belfort

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MoJoy

Banned again

Career:93-38
Chips:
Before I ever heard about any murder some years back, I always revered and admired Vitor Belfort. Yeah for his fighting style, a real MMA guy back then, one of few, all around, skilled at jujitsu but also an incredible striker. Fastest hands I have ever seen, but more so cause of the way he did it. A passionate guy with a good heart. A very good heart. You could sense the innocence he had with all this talent, that he still possesses and is improving, and the desire to learn to but also without the brute meaness of what helps some fighters get over in tough fights. I have never seen in any combat sport, in the Tre Telligman incident, where he knocked out the guy so fast, with his elbows, and the ref did not catch it, instead of piling it on, he pulled back, and notified the ref, hey this guy is out, then celebrated,and fought again that night. And this was his first UFC fight. He was all of 21. That shows he's always been a good person. Have you ever heard anyone bad mouth Vitor. Even Tito Ortiz, was glowingly respectful of him in a victory he did not earn, Vitor knocked him around the Octagon, and Tito layed and prayed his way to a victory in the last round. Tito was saying how Vitor brought out the best in him, Along with Randy it was the classiest I have ever seen Tito act in respect to a fighter. Watching interviews of Vitor before fights, he says things like "I don't like to talk, I like to let the fight do the talk". Looking back, Vitor was rushed in too fast against MMA first rate fighters, but with his talent has maintained a Hall of Fame like MMA career. For him, of all people, to go through this is heartbreaking. But hearts are strong, Vitor has amongst the best a person can have. He is coming through this a better person, he did not need to go through something so wrong to be a good person, but he will an even better person. If the fight stuff comes through, and I think it really will, that's all gravy. I think great things can happen to good people somehow someway.

Post #16   8/9/07 1:59:49AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
I remember at UFC 46 he wore a shirt with his sister on it and it was announced she was missing. I say put Vitor in a cage with the murderer and let him get whooped before giving him the death penalty.

Post #17   8/9/07 2:45:57AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
The world can be a sad and evil place and sometimes, the worst things happen to the best ppl. My thoughts and prayers are with Vitor and his family. We love you man.

Also, I hope they catch the other ppl that were involved in the murder and I hope they all burn in hell.

Post #18   8/9/07 11:11:42AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2