Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Friends and Training Partners= MMA Problem?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I don't understand the not fighting a friend attitude.

I would fight (and have) fought with friends nearly full contact with no malice intended. It was all part of the training. We would beat the hell out of each other and then go out for food/drinks afterwards.

As for not getting mad, well for me, the first time I take a shot (no matter how light it is) I get into this zone where all I think about is search and destroy.

As for brothers fighting. Hell, I think they've probably come closer to killing each other outside of the ring many times so I don't see it an issue.

The only problem with me fighting some of my friends is that we train together a lot and know each others' strengths and weaknesses, so sometimes the fights last a long time.

Post #16   8/8/07 5:02:31PM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
I've thought about this "conflict of interests" for a long time. I would love to see Wandy/Shogun, but that'll never happen. Would Fedor fight Aleks? There are many more examples.
I believe that shouldn't stop them from fighting. Most ppl understand that MMA is a fighting COMPETITION. It doesn't mean that you hate the person you're fighting. Maybe after the fight, the loser would hold a grudge, I don't know. But it's stopping us from seeing a lot of great fights. I can see points from both sides. However, I fight my friends all the time for practice. And I mean, we go all out- it's a real fight. However, we are more willing to tapout much quicker than we would in an official fight.

Post #17   8/9/07 10:43:54AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2