Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

does tim silvia deserve a title shot?

Print  
  Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>
Posted By Message

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
tim gets very littleattention now that hes not the champ. the pattern has been give the fallen champ a couple of winable fights then give him a shot to win the title back. since tim isnt as popular as some of the other champs will he get thrown to the wolves or does he deserve a middle of the road fight then a title shot?

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   8/7/07 6:00:22PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
no because he's a boring champ, and well he's not all that skilled.Nog would sub him, Mirko would KO him(yes he can kick that high), randy would beat him up again, thats not even mentioning fedor and barnett if they come.

Post #2   8/7/07 6:01:55PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I don't think he deserves a title shot. I don't care what kind of excuses he has he got dominated and had absolutely nothing going for him in his last fight. The only thing he deserves is a massive beating from Fedor or a nasty head-kick from CroCop.

Post #3   8/7/07 6:02:28PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
He's not going to get an easy run back to the title simply because he was champ when the division was weak andwith competitors like CC, AA, Big nog, GG and Fedor, there is no way he'll make it back that high if Coture can dimantle him that easily

Post #4   8/7/07 6:25:36PM   

whodat

The Dawrkness

whodat Avatar

Career:2,140-1,193
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Tim was basically a paper champion in a division that really didn't have anyone at the time. I'll bend over and kiss my a** if he ever becomes champion again.

Post #5   8/7/07 6:28:11PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,736-1,074
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
These are the responses that I expected, but they're really not fair. Tim suffers because of his appearance and his personality, not his fighting prowess. Don't belive me? Arlovski beat the same level of competition and was considered one of the top 3-4 HWs in the world and a possible threat to Fedor. Sylvia beats him twice and is still a can who will lose to a good grappler. He beats ADCC champ Jeff Monson and he's still a can.

Great fight by Randy and there's no doubt he won the decision. But Sylvia fought off a choke for about 3 minutes and went all 5 rounds, carrying his huge frame around the ring on a night that things were clearly not going his way. He didn't want to give up when his forearm was pointing in two different directions against Mir. And he got up from nearly being KTFO, to do the trick for real against the then highly feared Arlovski.

Hey, he's not built like a superhero (a la Randy, Andrei or CroCop) and he's not a great natural athlete who comes into MMA with an Olympic Gold medal or a K-1 championship. Maybe that's a reason to give him MORE credit for what he's accomplished instead of detracting from it. I know he's embarassingly proud of his belt and championship, but when you look at how little he accomplished athletically prior to the UFC (again, contrast with guys like Mirko or Randy) and you look at how little people believed in him maybe you can start to understand why.

Like any champ who held the title for a while and went down with a fight, he should be given a couple of fights to build his confidence back up and then a shot at the title.

Post #6   8/7/07 6:54:06PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Only if he wins 2 fights before.

Post #7   8/7/07 7:11:41PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
i think he needs to win one fight and win it impressively to get a shot at the title

Post #8   8/7/07 7:30:00PM   

StorminYourman

Belt Contender

StorminYourman Avatar

Career:1,106-639
Chips:
If he can beat some real talent then yeah. That eing said,probaly aint going to happen.

Post #9   8/7/07 7:31:12PM   

ocho-cinco

In Full Mount

ocho-cinco Avatar

Career:994-598
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
I think he should get a middle of the pack fight, and if he wins that then give him a real test like Cro Cop or Big Nog. If he's standing tall after that then he deserves a title shot. Thats basicly the road Liddell is facing. Hughes is getting a ridiculasly easy way back. Hopefully it will set up a St. Pierre Vs Hughes 3 which I would like to see, but I still think his path is to easy.

Post #10   8/7/07 7:58:59PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
he needs one or 2 fights to get a shot at his title, his first fight will probably be a can (like the ufc does to every champ that looses his title, rich:macdonald, hughes:chris little, chuck:jardine) and than his second fight should be against a contender( kind f like Rich vs okami), so it should be against cro cop or big nog or brandon vera........and if gets to that point, than let him have if not, than he will be made a gate keeper like tito ortiz, and what possibly rich franklin will become if he looses to A.silva

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   8/7/07 8:07:27PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,306-1,823
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
He needs to win a few first. I'd love to see him against Vera. Both haven't fought in awhile. Who ever wins should then get a match for the #1 contender for a title shot.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #12   8/7/07 9:48:47PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Vera shouldnt get a title shot after beating tim.

Here's how I think it should go. When Tim comes back to fight give some B level fighter. I would give him Eddie Sanchez because I think eddie could beat tim and vice versa. Depending on how he wins that fight. If he wins that fight he should be granted a #1 contender match with a real top heavyweight guy. That's the only way I see it going down.

Post #13   8/7/07 9:58:58PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Pitbull09

He's not going to get an easy run back to the title simply because he was champ when the division was weak and with competitors like CC, AA, Big nog, GG and Fedor, there is no way he'll make it back that high if Coture can dimantle him that easily

Agreed. The division is much stronger now. However, if he somehow pulled off victories against 2 top HVY's he would deserve it. I don't see that as being likely though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   8/7/07 10:01:01PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
He does deserve one (not immediatly) but I don't want to see him get one because he's slow and has a dumb superman tattoo.

Post #15   8/7/07 10:15:16PM   

Page 1 of 5     1     2     3     4   >>