Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Diego Sanchez Has Left Team Jackson

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
I bet he left because of GSP. He and GSP will eventually have to fight if Sanchez ever wants a shot at the title. I see Sanchez moving past Greg Jackson's camp on to bigger and better things. Training with either Tito or Page is not that far out of question.

Post #16   8/7/07 4:30:15PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
sanchez is one of my favorite fighters. i wouldn't mind seeing him go to team punishment. i think he could learn a lot there.

Post #17   8/7/07 4:37:09PM   

1900squats

Learning to Sprawl

Career:120-53
Camp: flippin grenades
Chips:
nice i hope team quest picks him up.

Post #18   8/7/07 9:58:26PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:984-643
Chips:
I don't care what anyone says about Sanchez. He lost 1 fight to someone that didn't even push him to his limits. The fight w/ Kos was a joke! BOTH of them put up the worst performance I've seen in a long time. Diego is an excellent fighter and what ever he has up his sleeve has got to be good for leaving this close to a fight.

Post #19   8/7/07 10:19:44PM   

x_soa_x

MMA Regular

Career:61-38
Chips:

Posted by elysianwing

Posted by jack

Sanchez has gotten sloppy because he hangs out with De la Hoya and he has a little fame now. Look at his last two fights. If he wants to become a boxer then go be a boxer. You can't half-ass it in MMA. He should have been majorly pumped for the Koscheck fight but instead he tried to box him. He needs to get hungry again like when he first started so maybe this move will be good for him. Time will tell.

Wtf are you talking about?

His last two fights were kos and riggs....the Kos fight sucked, but he knocked the shit out of Riggs in like about 90 seconds.

So how exactly do his last two fights = half-assing it?

Also, his boxing form imo is actually technically > than Kos'

[i'd just like to take this moment to point out that I personally dislike Diego AND Koscheck]

During that fight, Rogan(like every other tuffer has been doing since he ko'd Goulet) kept talking about how crisp and tight Kos' boxing form was.....and all I could think was that Joe was high on dmt.

Kos had (probably) heavier hands, a reach advantage and threw more frequently(even though neither really did anything in the fight), but Sanchez was the one keeping his hands up, shoulders square, chin tucked, etc etc etc.

Without the threat of SOME standup skill, Diego would have a hard time breaking top 5 in the ww division(as all it would take to win would be to Koscheck him *cough* excuse me, I meant to say "blanket" him)

Training his hands with DLH could only do worlds of good for his skillset, his problem with Kos seemed to be more related to health and personal motivation.

I'll agree with you that Sanchez looked a LOT less hungry....and that perhaps his celebrity had gone to his head, but I can't see how anybody could try and argue training your boxing with one of the greatest technical boxers in the last 20 years is a bad thing.

I can provide a URL proving that Diego had a bad staph infection during the Koscheck fight.

Post #20   8/8/07 12:03:50AM   

itsfrankwhite

Learning to Sprawl

itsfrankwhite Avatar

Career:85-64
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
interested to see what happens from here.

Post #21   8/8/07 12:37:54AM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by x_soa_x

I can provide a URL proving that Diego had a bad staph infection during the Koscheck fight.

Nah, no need(for me anyhow). As I said, it seemed pretty clear to me his problems in that fight had to be the result of health and/or motivation.

Post #22   8/8/07 2:03:26AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by x_soa_x

Yeah, so can the rest of the world since it was in the news...

But show me a fighter that doesnt go into a fight with some kind of injury and Ill show you a guy who didnt train hard enough. Its no excuse, he lost that fight fair and square.

Nuthuggery=blindness

BTW. if you read a little further into it, youll see that Diego was only in the ring with DLH for a total of 10 minutes. They hung out a lot, but the actual training time was barely any. So, all this talk of getting boxing training from a legend is a little blown out of proportion.

Last edited 8/8/07 2:09PM server time by rcg916
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   8/8/07 2:07:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2