Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego Sanchez Has Left Team Jackson

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
The Ultimate Fighter 1” middleweight winner and current top-10 UFC welterweight Diego Sanchez has cut ties with Greg Jackson’s camp in New Mexico and is relocating to California.

LINK

Post #1   8/7/07 10:11:02AM   

AmericanFighterAce

Banned

Career:990-702
Camp: Pure Adrenaline Radio
Chips:
Good Move.
Greg Jackson reallydoes not impress me, because it seems when his fighters have a huge fight, they crumble be cause Greg Jackson gives them bad advice for their matches.
He does not prepare them for the opponent that well.

Post #2   8/7/07 10:15:30AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Good Move.
Greg Jackson reallydoes not impress me, because it seems when his fighters have a huge fight, they crumble be cause Greg Jackson gives them bad advice for their matches.
He does not prepare them for the opponent that well.

Not true. The Diego that everyone went crazy for (aggressive, non-stop)... thats the Greg Jackson product. The Diego you see now is the kid who got famous and IMO takes training less serious than he did, and is way less hungry.

Jackson is a top tier coach if you ask me.

Post #3   8/7/07 11:03:28AM   

wagere

MMA Regular

wagere Avatar

Career:910-552
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Be funny if he went to Team Punishment, slap in the face to Rashad.

Post #4   8/7/07 11:06:22AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,600-1,486
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
really is a quick fall from grace after a quick trip near the top for jacksons team. sanchez has always seemed a little flaky to me, and i wonder why he would leave right before a huge fight. im interested to see what his reasons are in the upcoming weeks.

Post #5   8/7/07 11:14:28AM   

jack

Learning to Sprawl

jack Avatar

Career:197-166
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Sanchez has gotten sloppy because he hangs out with De la Hoya and he has a little fame now. Look at his last two fights. If he wants to become a boxer then go be a boxer. You can't half-ass it in MMA. He should have been majorly pumped for the Koscheck fight but instead he tried to box him. He needs to get hungry again like when he first started so maybe this move will be good for him. Time will tell.

Post #6   8/7/07 11:22:21AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
i'm wondering myself where he is gonna go. i would like to see him go to chuteboxe or something.. i dont know if he'd fit in.. but it would improve his game

Post #7   8/7/07 11:46:31AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Oh yeah don''t consider that he had a bad staph infection. Yeah so stop talking trash on him.

Post #8   8/7/07 11:54:27AM   

Postaljester

Learning to Sprawl

Postaljester Avatar

Career:315-189
Chips:
I wonder where he will go to...

Post #9   8/7/07 12:24:51PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
where ever the hell he wants.

Post #10   8/7/07 1:00:49PM   

elysianwing

MMA Regular

Career:1,205-789
Camp: Hands Of Fury
Chips:

Posted by jack

Sanchez has gotten sloppy because he hangs out with De la Hoya and he has a little fame now. Look at his last two fights. If he wants to become a boxer then go be a boxer. You can't half-ass it in MMA. He should have been majorly pumped for the Koscheck fight but instead he tried to box him. He needs to get hungry again like when he first started so maybe this move will be good for him. Time will tell.

Wtf are you talking about?

His last two fights were kos and riggs....the Kos fight sucked, but he knocked the shit out of Riggs in like about 90 seconds.

So how exactly do his last two fights = half-assing it?

Also, his boxing form imo is actually technically > than Kos'

[i'd just like to take this moment to point out that I personally dislike Diego AND Koscheck]

During that fight, Rogan(like every other tuffer has been doing since he ko'd Goulet) kept talking about how crisp and tight Kos' boxing form was.....and all I could think was that Joe was high on dmt.

Kos had (probably) heavier hands, a reach advantage and threw more frequently(even though neither really did anything in the fight), but Sanchez was the one keeping his hands up, shoulders square, chin tucked, etc etc etc.

Without the threat of SOME standup skill, Diego would have a hard time breaking top 5 in the ww division(as all it would take to win would be to Koscheck him *cough* excuse me, I meant to say "blanket" him)

Training his hands with DLH could only do worlds of good for his skillset, his problem with Kos seemed to be more related to health and personal motivation.

I'll agree with you that Sanchez looked a LOT less hungry....and that perhaps his celebrity had gone to his head, but I can't see how anybody could try and argue training your boxing with one of the greatest technical boxers in the last 20 years is a bad thing.

Post #11   8/7/07 1:43:11PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,923-1,097
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Smooth move, Sanchez

Post #12   8/7/07 1:51:57PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
he shoudl go to rampages team, with juanito(pages trainer) who was also was a boxing trainer, he could really improve his standup, learn not to chase his opponent but to cut him off, like page did to chuck, and he can also work on his ground game with rampage and all the other guys that are there...........i think that camp should help him alot..........

Post #13   8/7/07 1:58:12PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:

[i'd just like to take this moment to point out that I personally dislike Diego AND Koscheck]

he shoudl go to rampages team, with juanito(pages trainer) who was also was a boxing trainer, he could really improve his standup, learn not to chase his opponent but to cut him off, like page did to chuck, and he can also work on his ground game with rampage and all the other guys that are there...........i think that camp should help him alot..........

I second the first statement, and highly disagree with the second statement. I don't think Sanchez fits in with the people at Team Punishment, plus, I don't like Sanchez and don't want to see him over there lol ... go to The Pit, or Team Hammerhouse. lol

Post #14   8/7/07 2:09:33PM   

GunitSoldier

Learning to Sprawl

GunitSoldier Avatar

Career:742-399
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I Agree with the notion to go to Rampages Camp. there is more to learn there then with Jackson. He also might learn alot from Crazy Bob at AKA or The Pit with Liddell.

Post #15   8/7/07 3:33:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2